Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 1122 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John! I said Marvel Spotlight but the title is as seen in John's photo

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Of course, mine's not signed, but here's a picture.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Thanks John! I said Marvel Spotlight but the title is as seen in John's photo

Thank you both !!!

I've added it to my list of stuff to look for.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

ok. A couple of you asked me to post this so here it is....my Dark Tower comic collection to date, 71 individual pieces (some duplicates) and EVERY ONE of them signed by Jae Lee!
    Those are very cool and something unique for you to have in your collection. Those (and your books with Whelan remarques) really set your collection apart from all others.

I've always thought that if you only collect books that others collect then your collection will always be like everyone elses. Finding a niche that others overlook or ignore is one way to set your collection apart.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    ok. A couple of you asked me to post this so here it is....my Dark Tower comic collection to date, 71 individual pieces (some duplicates) and EVERY ONE of them signed by Jae Lee!
    Those are very cool and something unique for you to have in your collection. Those (and your books with Whelan remarques) really set your collection apart from all others.

I've always thought that if you only collect books that others collect then your collection will always be like everyone elses. Finding a niche that others overlook or ignore is one way to set your collection apart.

Thanks Bob. Coming from you, I take that as a compliment of the highest sort.

While I suspect our friend Hutch has a pretty incredible collection, I think I can speak for many here that your collection of unique, one-of-a-kind items in addition to the completeness of the whole collection itself is utterly mind blowing. You are in a class all by yourself, my collecting friend, you are 1 of 1!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heres my newest additions, DTII - DTVI (I have a DTVII in the works too) S/L PC copies:

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sa-weet, congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Eric!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice additions, Eric. I am on the lookout for a PC copy of DT1 and, if one shows up, I will notify you immediately.

While I suspect our friend Hutch has a pretty incredible collection, I think I can speak for many here that your collection of unique, one-of-a-kind items in addition to the completeness of the whole collection itself is utterly mind blowing. You are in a class all by yourself, my collecting friend, you are 1 of 1!
    Thanks for the compliments. Yes, Hutch has, rather quietly, assembled a staggering collection and has several books I do not have but would dearly love to own.

One area I really like, and no one else seems to or has the shelf space, is anthologies with King stories. The list is endless, it seems, and I am always coming across something I don't have or was even aware of. There are some really oddball anthologies out there. And then there are proofs of anthologies, nonfiction, introductions, etc., etc.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions, Eric. I am on the lookout for a PC copy of DT1 and, if one shows up, I will notify you immediately.
    Thanks a lot Bob, I really appreciate that!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my newest addition. It's a bound manuscript proof of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. The front and first pages are shown below. This appears different than the one Carlosdetweiller posted pictures in the King Proofs thread on February 16 of this year in that my copy does not have the first page that he shows.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the DT Pc copies. Nice acquisition.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations, John!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

::dies of insane jealousy::

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff guys!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

This is my newest addition. It's a bound manuscript proof of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. The front and first pages are shown below. This appears different than the one Carlosdetweiller posted pictures in the King Proofs thread on February 16 of this year in that my copy does not have the first page that he shows.

John
    Congratulations, John, that is a rare one and I haven't seen one for sale in years. Interesting that the pagination is a bit different between our two copies. But, perhaps, not surprising since they were probably bound up in house.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

John
    Very nice John. That had my interest too though right now I couldn't come close to affording it. Well done.

Nate

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Congrats on the Girl who loved TG manuscript!
    From what I heard there are only 13 copies of that manuscript. I have one and if I remember correctly, I heard that somewhere at the time I bought it.

John,
    When those "Tom Gordon" manuscript proofs were released Tony at Camelot Books made some slipcases to hold them. They had the title and author stamped in gold on the spine of the slipcase. It's a long shot but it is possible that he still has one laying around in the back room. It might be worth an e-mail.

Also, where did you get it? If it was eBay or ABE I completely missed it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the GWLTG John.

Was that the one Hutch had for sale? That one had a black slipcase.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it from one of the SKEMER members. I also got a slipcase with it. It sounds as if it is the slipcase from Camelot. The seller told me that he got it originally from Hutch, but it was a while ago.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Actually mine sold to another collector... I found out the one John bought was one I sold when they came you to the fellow he bought it from. The slipcases are more of a burgundy faux leather with gold foil stamping to the spine. John's also had this slipcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Actually mine sold to another collector... I found out the one John bought was one I sold when they came you to the fellow he bought it from. The slipcases are more of a burgundy faux leather with gold foil stamping to the spine. John's also had this slipcase.

I got mine from Hutch too. In 1999! It is hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

I got mine from Hutch too. In 1999! It is hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago.
    The one I sold this week I got from Rand a couple of years ago when he was listing parts of his collection. I'm not sure if I originally sold it to him. I may have.

I think originally I heard there were 13 copies and one of then even had a pencil notation from the publisher stating so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 1122 ... LastLast