Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1225 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 225 725 1125 1175 1215 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1235 1275 ... LastLast
Results 30,601 to 30,625 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Outstanding! Congratulations.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hill House and a cup of Joe! I mean there is no coffee or "joe" in the cup and do people call it Joe anymore? Well how about an empty "mass-produced and highly unlimited" edition coffee cup and a badass limited book?

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I held HHH23 up to the picture of yours so she could see her sister.

So cool. First Suntup numbered I bought and the only one I’ve read so far. Fantastic edition. And from the early super low print run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

That Hill House is a nice production...Congrats!! How many ounces does that cup hold? I probably need to order one.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    That Hill House is a nice production...Congrats!! How many ounces does that cup hold? I probably need to order one.
    Thanks. 15 oz. I am SUPER picky on how a cup feels (pens too) in my hand and I love it!

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Pretty damn nice Kris! You know, just a second or so with a red pen and that could be #186, then just pack it up and send it to me.
    lol sure brother, I can do that for you!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Thanks. 15 oz. I am SUPER picky on how a cup feels (pens too) in my hand and I love it!

I like that cup too. Looks good. You sold all your SUntup's but kept this one? Or never had it but wanted it. Just interested in the story as this is a beauty I agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man... haven’t had something this nice to share in while... but may I present the ONLY Berry remarqued Misery S/L. He has done one gift I’m aware of but stated this is it. He won’t take a chance again and it’s too stressful. He said he doesn’t want to take the chance to damage it. I’m so excited to obtain this. A good friend I owe many thanks to for helping me out! I’m
    Honoured to own this. Oh, and it’s a red number too!!

Very nice! Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really dig on Berry's style and I think those are fantastic. Congratulations.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rick Berry

Rick Berry is an awesome artist. Not surprised he is reluctant to do this. Those books are near priceless now.

A long time ago, I bought 4 prints of the Talisman and Black House variety. He only charged for 3 items. When I informed him of the error, his reply was that he is an artist, and admin not his priority, and I was to enjoy the extra art courtesy of him.

Very generous, as the print was a decent price, and charging the card wasn't that hard to do, so very very kind of him.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick Berry

I will share a story from a few years ago 2013. Many years ago I taught Rick's son in high school. I had the pleasure of speaking to Rick a few times - very interesting man. Years later, as I began to collect remarques in my books, I reached out him through his wife. They remembered me and were generous and invited me to their annual "DeadDog" party, which they hold after the Boston SciFi/Fantasy convention. The party was held in Rick's studio in Medford (not sure if he is still there). It was an unusual group of individuals (writers, artists, art directors) - I was lucky enough to spend some time talking to Robert K. Weiner (president of Donald M. Grant) and with Rick. It was a very artsy night of conversation. Rick's art was on display everywhere. Needless to say, Rick did five remarques for me: two in my Talisman artist limited edition, one in my Black House limited edition, and two more in the artist edition of The Talisman/Black House (Sold these last two two years ago to Pennywise). Gotta say that my remarques pale in comparison to Kris' - I think that Rick was new to the whole remarque industry at the time, and in truth, he seemed uncomfortable with the whole notion. That's about it. Just thought I'd share.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, Rick and his wife Sheila are aces. Since we are talking about Rick, here is something I have to share.
    I don't know the correct textbook term, but i am really drawn to his 'impressionistic' style of art. When Suntup announced that Rick was going to be doing the art for MISERY, i was really excited to see what he would come up with and i wasn't disappointed. I fell in love with the Gift cover as soon as I saw it. The snowy landscape is both beautiful and bleak at the same time. But then you see that ominous peek of colour from the car that hints at something more sinister.
    Rick was kind enough to allow me to purchase the original painting - after a little convincing from Sheila on my behalf - and it is one my favorite pieces. Oddly it generates more conversation than any other piece in my collection. Some digital alterations were done before sending the file for printing and Rick touched it up a little before sending it to me, but here is the original painting created for the Suntup MISERY gift edition

Suntup Misery
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Yep, Rick and his wife Sheila are aces. Since we are talking about Rick, here is something I have to share.
    I don't know the correct textbook term, but i am really drawn to his 'impressionistic' style of art. When Suntup announced that Rick was going to be doing the art for MISERY, i was really excited to see what he would come up with and i wasn't disappointed. I fell in love with the Gift cover as soon as I saw it. The snowy landscape is both beautiful and bleak at the same time. But then you see that ominous peek of colour from the car that hints at something more sinister.
    Rick was kind enough to allow me to purchase the original painting - after a little convincing from Sheila on my behalf - and it is one my favorite pieces. Oddly it generates more conversation than any other piece in my collection. Some digital alterations were done before sending the file for printing and Rick touched it up a little before sending it to me, but here is the original painting created for the Suntup MISERY gift edition

Suntup Misery
    Stunning and I am jealous!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

What a wonderful piece to have acquired. Quite easy to see why it generates so much discussion.
    I am delighted for you. Having seen some of your other paintings it is obviously right where it should be.
    Well done indeed.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Berry artwork is incredible...

Country
    Country Flag

Suntup Misery
    Oh. My. Word. Way to go bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing - that's a beauty.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Gorgeous and moody work of art. Very intriguing - something you will enjoy for a long time to come. Congratulations!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

https://flic.kr/p/2igozUX

Suntup Misery
    Not impressionistic I don't think, too many details especially on the upside-down car … not quite sure what I'd label this style. Rick Berry style? Whatever it is, it's pretty sweet!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Thanks for sharing - that's a beauty.

+1

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! A beautiful piece by itself and a nice tie-in to the Suntup releases. I'm jealous

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, some incredible stuff in this thread recently, congrats to all!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup Misery
    Amazing!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Made final payment on a new P & J, one that I NEVER thought I would get ... I mean, it wasn't even on my radar for finding. I find myself slightly giddy with anticipation.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Made final payment on a new P & J, one that I NEVER thought I would get ... I mean, it wasn't even on my radar for finding. I find myself sligtly giddy with anticipation.
    Do tell! Don't be such a tease...
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1225 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 225 725 1125 1175 1215 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1235 1275 ... LastLast