32 11.76%
  • 2 - not satisfied, although there are things I liked about the ending

25 9.19%
  • 1 - completely dissatisfied

8 2.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official End Thread

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

One thing I have learned from re-reading and re-reading these books is that very little can be taken at face value at least with regards to the metaphysical aspects of the series. I have yet to re-read it without having at least one "oh, i never really thought of it like that before" moments.

I actually have a mildly developed theory about the demise of Los with respect to Patrick. In short, I feel Patrick had an ability to "undraw" Los from End-World much the way Roland was able to draw his Tet to Mid-World. Of course Patrick did it by literally drawing his subject. Obviously more goes into it than simply Patrick drawing and then "un-drawing" the King, particularly the dye made from part of the crushed rose [as I find the field of roses to be a part of the tower and thus infused with the ka of the tower] and part of Roland's blood [ie. the blood of the Eld, which flows in the CK as well]. Perhaps Roland's own "drawing" ability allowed him to facilitate Patrick's disposal of CK?

THIS is a very interesting theory and I wish I had time to post about it.. very interesting.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Along the Path of the Beam Rolands_Father is on a distinguished road Rolands_Father's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands_Father View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai_Rhavan View Post
    Only one thing truly bothered me, and that was how they portrayed the Crimson King.

... You mean to tell me that the man so evil, so rotten, that he nearly wiped 3 seperate book characters out of existence (Including my favorite, Jack Sawyer) with his cunning intellect, had no more than one letter for the majority of his conversation in the final battle?
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
    I think it just showed how weak the crimson king was, and it showed how overrated people( for lack of a better term) can really be! I'll admit, that scene was not As cinimatic as i thaught it would be, but it just felt right. Hard to explain...
    Oh and another question...
    Can you guys share what you guys expected the crimson king to be or do??????
    I'm posting a new thread to answer my own question. ENJOY!!!!!
    The Dark Tower...
    Simply The Best

Roland Rocks Mid-World!!!
    And all other Worlds!!!

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, because remember : he will always get sent back to the time when he knows that his thoughtless quest would ultimately succeed, and never to the time when he can still change things.

As far as how many times Rolands' gone through the loop - what if the upcoming cycle is his 19th?
    I would say the one we read about is the 19th, since it's everywhere. The upcoming one would be the 20th. This would also explain how he is so old, but thinks he is much younger...
    Last edited by zadok; 12-12-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    There are other worlds than these...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zadok
    I would say the one we read about is the 19th, since it's everwhere. The upcoming one would be the 20th.
    very good. The same idea was offered by Taheen74, one of the greatest minds I know. I agreed with her then, and agree with you now.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

“You’re the one who never changes. It’ll be your damnation, boy. You’ll wear out a hundred pairs of boots on your walk to hell.” –Cort

“Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it” –Vannay

Roland’s doomed to repeat his quest over and over until he learns that love (Susan), friends (Alain, Cuthbert, Eddie, Susannah) and family (Jake, his true son) are more important than revenge (Walter) and the Tower

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So by that rationale, wouldn't that imply that Roland and whatever Ka-Tet he might have been in Dinh of at the time kept running into 1's and 2's their first and second time through the loop?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zadok
    I would say the one we read about is the 19th, since it's everwhere. The upcoming one would be the 20th.
    very good. The same idea was offered by Taheen74, one of the greatest minds I know. I agreed with her then, and agree with you now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    So by that rationale, wouldn't that imply that Roland and whatever Ka-Tet he might have been in Dinh of at the time kept running into 1's and 2's their first and second time through the loop?

Yes.
    Am I forgetting something that would blow my idea sky-high??

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, we all have our theories and I don't think it's within anybody's power to say that any other theory is 'right' or 'wrong'. (Except SK of course :p)

I was just asking that because some of the 19 plot points in the story have to do with author names (Claudia Y Inez Bachman). Putting your theory under the microscope for a second : Does that mean that the ka-tet ran into 19-like coincidences where authors only used one letter as a form of identification? (1st loop), or perhaps the first two letters of their first and last name (2nd loop)? Ya get me?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, we all have our theories and I don't think it's within anybody's power to say that any other theory is 'right' or 'wrong'. (Except SK of course :p)
    I am not even that sure about that "of course". Fun is fun, and done is done - and the text is an independent entity.

Country
    Country Flag

I was just asking that because some of the 19 plot points in the story have to do with author names (Claudia Y Inez Bachman). Putting your theory under the microscope for a second : Does that mean that the ka-tet ran into 19-like coincidences where authors only used one letter as a form of identification? (1st loop), or perhaps the first two letters of their first and last name (2nd loop)? Ya get me?
    Yes, I understand what you meant. At the risk of overanalyzing, the length of people's names may not have been used as clues the first few times at all. Then again, the great thing about apophenia is that it works with any number!

Gunslinger Apprentice Allie is on a distinguished road Allie's Avatar

Well I still am undecided on this subject, one theory I am thinking is that King ended it with going back to the beginning as a lesson, because it wasnt about the destination, it was about the journey, and we read on at the end of VII because we thought the outcome was so important, so he has sent us back to the beginning to re live the journey. I dont know how the horn ties in with that though?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you won't believe me but today I have finished it. Incredible, isn't it?

I am absolutely satisfied and... it was such a beautiful book. I cried so damn often. Like a little girl. I finished it at 2 am and it was quite hard to fall asleep after that. I was dreaming with Roland and his ka-tet all night long.
    I felt so sorry for Roland... because I think at the end he could stand and be true but it was late. The Tower was so close.
    I am proud of Roland I am sure one day he will find his peace.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't feel sadnass emptiness - nothing negative.
    I felt love. It was the strongest feeling.
    I felt it so hard. I felt I loved Roland and his whole ka-tet and this story a lot.
    Of course And I felt some sorry for him but it was good to know that he got another chance.
    I felt calm.

Country
    Country Flag

at last!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I know you won't believe me but today I have finished it. Incredible, isn't it?

I am absolutely satisfied and... it was such a beautiful book. I cried so damn often. Like a little girl. I finished it at 2 am and it was quite hard to fall asleep after that. I was dreaming with Roland and his ka-tet all night long.
    I felt so sorry for Roland... because I think at the end he could stand and be true but it was late. The Tower was so close.
    I am proud of Roland I am sure one day he will find his peace.
    I am so happy that your road to the Dark Tower with Roland is finally done! I think its the hardest of the seven to read, even though it is my favorite.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

I am still not over the first time I read the ending. I don't think I ever will be.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I am still not over the first time I read the ending. I don't think I ever will be.
    You will.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, AllHail.
    For me it was easy to read (in fact it was hard to do anything else because I wanted to read it all day and night long) but hard to bear.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Letti, did you then vote completely satisfied?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Letti, did you then vote completely satisfied?
    Oh, yes I did without any hesitation.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I knew you would (did) I am so glad to hear
    you finished the tale.How hard it must have been
    ( for some still is) all this time discussing ,
    and reading about a book that you had'nt
    finished yet. Its hard to imagine, but it is
    better on the next read!! HOPE YOU ARE WELL
    ((hugs)) &

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear you finally finished it Letti.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Thank you, AllHail.
    For me it was easy to read (in fact it was hard to do anything else because I wanted to read it all day and night long) but hard to bear.
    Thats what I was meaning. Its hard to bear..I was the same way, all I could do was read the book all the time, although I did try to give it a break because I needed to digest so much of what was happening in it.

John F. Kennedy hisDudeness is on a distinguished road hisDudeness's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only way for Roland to meet the man in black is to let Jake fall.
    Or did you all forget that.
    Plus Roland saves Jake mutiple times throughout the series.
    Kind of works like REDEMPTION.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast