32 11.76%
  • 2 - not satisfied, although there are things I liked about the ending

25 9.19%
  • 1 - completely dissatisfied

8 2.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official End Thread

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RiseofDespair View Post
    I felt... lost in a way. Todash, if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Kings View Post
    I was completely enraged, haha. I hated how it ended. I felt I was cheated by the Flagg and CK deaths, and I was so pissed at how Roland was being forced to relive everything, again and again.

After a few days though and it really settled in, I felt a lot better about the ending, but I still don't really like the last moments of Flagg and CK
    Quote Originally Posted by CedRhetorick View Post
    I finished this afternoon.

My initial reaction? I felt so much sorrow for Roland. I felt a sort of guilt for being able to remember the Tower while Roland's sinlge-minded desire(madness?) was, essentialy, for an unattainable goal.

I was..Sad...Filled with questions, mostly.. "well then, why this? or that?"

Then I remembered Oy and I cried. Sitting at my desk. He was my absolute Favorite!

Even now, the whole Saga is on my mind. I've been reading this site for the last couple hours. I hadnt allowed a spolier of any sort (well, one ). Today, when I finished, i googled DT and here I am.

CR
    Hi there new friends.
    Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.
    Give yourself sometime to believe you have finished it after that I am sure you can find some interesting threads here.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler CedRhetorick is on a distinguished road

Last night I had read someone's post stating that Roland moved on to the next level of the tower. This rang true with me. I would like to believe that Gan has many missions for Roland and his journey is never the same. Whos knows, maybe this trek across the desert Roland will find himself not even thirsty.

~CR

Gunslinger Apprentice Bumbler19 is on a distinguished road

my mind broke

I felt happiness, and sorrow, and happiness again.

Happiness I finally finished

Sorrow I finally finished....

SPOILER*********
    Happiness because i remember yesterday (i just finished the book about 20 minutes ago) I said that i almost don't want to finish... i want the journey to continue. to never end, to always read a long with Roland... and because of the loop ending... i can !!!

As well as know Roland mayhap see his friends again.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt sorrow and bitterness, sadness mostly. For i finished it Finishing a book rips off a piece from me and i can't really put the sorrow i went through in words so i'll pass the trying. But i was sad 'coz i knew that i won't be reading about my dear gunslinger anymore.

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Man View Post
    I felt sorrow and bitterness, sadness mostly. For i finished it Finishing a book rips off a piece from me and i can't really put the sorrow i went through in words so i'll pass the trying. But i was sad 'coz i knew that i won't be reading about my dear gunslinger anymore.
    You know, the keyword is rereading.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the feeling man, I had to go out and buy the comics straight after finishing DT7, had to have my fix
    Now that I'm finished those (and waiting for the Treachery collection), I'm listening to DT on audio books.
    Damn addiction!
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I know the feeling man, I had to go out and buy the comics straight after finishing DT7, had to have my fix
    Now that I'm finished those (and waiting for the Treachery collection), I'm listening to DT on audio books.
    Damn addiction!
    You mean sweet addiction, right?

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes of course, damn sweet addiction
    I tried to OD, but it only left me wanting more.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest the first time? Screwed. But after a while to contemplate it was the right way to go, sort of. I mean the way he ended it was good but, the way he ended or entered (or didn't enter) certain characters wasn't. Initially the ending pissed me off but I came to terms with it as SK did.

The elimination of certain characters (which has ALWAYS been sk's strength) disturbed me but the more I think on it the better

Gunslinger Apprentice EdwardDean1999 is on a distinguished road EdwardDean1999's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt that the ending was great. That was my first impression, and still is. In my mind it was the best way to resolve the epic. It can be tragic or hopeful depending on who you ask. I incline to the later.

Traveler Forspecial is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I'll ever forget when I read those last two pages...

I was in my grandparent's basement in Nebraska, my stepbrother and older brother (who introduced me to the series almost exactly one year before- ka is a wheel) were playing pool. My grandparents are very eclectic people, so naturally their basement is a plethora of pop culture and weirdness. My eyes grazed the last line, I burst into tears and threw the book as hard as I could against the opposite wall where it struck one of my grandma's many Big Mouth Billy Bass singing fish. I shouted a lot of profanity ("BULLSH*T! THIS IS BULLSH*T!) while my brother wailed "I'm sorry, misery loves company!"

I finally deigned to read SK's author note at the end and felt significantly better. Since then I've read Gunslinger thrice and come to terms with the ending.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I was elated and a little sad when I read the ending. I was mostly sad because the book series was over. I actually cracked up laughing when I read the last line. I then thought that a lot of people would be pissed off about the ending. I was not upset at l, I thought that it was the perfect ending to the series. This was the perfect ending because Ka is a wheel!

Traveler MetGrl57 is on a distinguished road MetGrl57's Avatar

I was happy and sad and confused and exhausted all at the same time. I didn't get the closure I wanted, but I felt hopeful and hopeful is something I can live with besides without closure, room is left for interpretation which is kinda nice

Traveler Chain BladeO9 is on a distinguished road Chain BladeO9's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At first I felt upset,not really angry or pissed off but just wishing it could of ended differently. A few seconds later it really hit me that this was the end of the road ( Or the clearing at the end of the path) and I was sad. I was sad for a few weeks, then I realised much the same of what most ofyou here said- that this is the only way to end. I finished the books last November ( '08] and the Tower still has a hold on me.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never read the ending. Didn't dare to, after my friend told me I'd be shouting, cursing and ending up to burn the book. And sai King clearly warns in Coda not to read further, doesn't he? =P But I think I'm going to read it one day. When I'm in really foul mood, mayhap. Then I will come here and cry. See you soon.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

read it
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    I've never read the ending. Didn't dare to, after my friend told me I'd be shouting, cursing and ending up to burn the book. And sai King clearly warns in Coda not to read further, doesn't he? =P But I think I'm going to read it one day. When I'm in really foul mood, mayhap. Then I will come here and cry. See you soon.
    Icredible.. incredible.
    When did you stop at the Coda?

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible, indeed. As I'm the kind of person who gets worried if that and that character will survive and peeks at the ending, sighing happily 'Oh yes, he/she will live', ye ken? But my friend's warning was quite forceful, indeed (he even used a few swearing words, if I recall correctly)
    Here is where I stopped. 'Endings are heartless. Ending is just another word for goodbye.'

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

I see.. still absolutely unbelievable.
    And when did you stop at the Coda? I mean how long has the real ending been waiting for you to be read?

Country
    Country Flag

For a few months now. Let's see when I'll break and read it. Mayhap when I fly over to Denmark within a couple of weeks to see that aforementioned friend again, so there will be someone to comfort me while I'm crying. (I can be quite a drama queen sometimes..)

Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I don't like crying in front of others. I would never have been able to finish the book if anyone had been around me or even near me. I needed pefect silence and some kind of loneliness to be able to finish the book.

Country
    Country Flag

We're the opposite again. Since I really want someone to discuss with me when I've read something that has a deep effect in me. I'm a very emotional person, and I love to share my emotions with other people. My family is quite a lot like Italians, gesturing and shouting, showing emotions openly. Unlike true Finns. Will let you know how I managed the ending. Only 17 days to go! (or something..)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Lily, I am amazed truly!! I could never in a million years have stopped reading.
    You simply must finish now my goodness what will power you have...amazing indeed!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

I've NEVER had willpower in my life. Not until now.
    I just need a person who has read the books and fully understands them, beside me. I wish I had someone who had read Lord of the Rings when I was young, because it was quite lonely, having had the whole wonderful world only to myself. Most of my friends of that time thought reading was just for geeks, but luckily that has changed now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    We're the opposite again. Since I really want someone to discuss with me when I've read something that has a deep effect in me. I'm a very emotional person, and I love to share my emotions with other people. My family is quite a lot like Italians, gesturing and shouting, showing emotions openly. Unlike true Finns. Will let you know how I managed the ending. Only 17 days to go! (or something..)
    I need time to be able to talk about things (meanings, ideas, feelings) that touch me as much as this series did and does.
    I finished the last book for awhile and there are still some parts I can't talk about yet... they are like a young green apple... it needs sunshine (time) to get red and ready.

I cannot wait to read your opinion about the ending.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast