Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Cussing/Cursing: What is it really??

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think the thing that's been bothering me the most with bad words is the name the English language has given them: of course you're going to wonder if they're bad as they're called "bad words". What does that mean, apart from the fact that at some remote point in the development of the language, it was really bad to use them. We've been calling them "gros mots" (big words) for centuries, and no one's wondered if they were bad since you could get punched for calling someone "connard". (this word is one of the most common in the French language and does not have the same meaning as "bastard", so I'd rather leave it untranslated and recommend you not to use it )
    But a web search yields too many different definitions. We need accuracy for when the need arises to curse in French.
    My only advice would be: check some other French swear words and you'll see that they all have about ten different meanings so please do not use them in any case unless I've told you you could, ok? Anyway, I love the way foreigners say the word "connard": it sounds almost sweet!
    ...soooooo, can I?

Who knows though when you'll find yourself in a situation where someone from a foreign country needs cursing...one wouldn't want to be ill equipped.
    I said you shouldn't and that means you can't. If you're coming to meet me in Paris and we meet some rude bastards, then I'll have to reconsider
    You're quite right and I wouldn't like to go to some foreign country without knowing basic swear words (after all, you never know what people may be saying about you!) and apparently, a lot of people are like us, which is the reason why there are so many free dictionaries on the internet which give the meaning of swear words too.
    Awwwwww!

I was only kidding around (mostly) anyhow.

And absolutely if you go to another country you need to know some. Have you learned Hungarian ones yet?
    I haven't learnt any yet. Actually, the only Hungarian word I know is utca, which means street (been reading my map properly ) so I guess I'll have to ask Letti and Susan when I see them! (then I'll tell them to you if you feel like it)

Sure!

*envies you meeting Letti and Susan*
    You must hug and kiss them for me., please.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

"We're the psycho-semantic police. You can't even see us
    how in the fuck can you do anything about it? We're pure intelligence
    you're not. You're biological product of a cosmological universe.
    You're molecular matter. I constructed you - fuck you.
    I made you up you didn't make me up. You got it backwards.
    You know who you are? You're fucking semantic blockage.
    That's what made you up."

*dies laughing, where is this from?*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    "We're the psycho-semantic police. You can't even see us
    how in the fuck can you do anything about it? We're pure intelligence
    you're not. You're biological product of a cosmological universe.
    You're molecular matter. I constructed you - fuck you.
    I made you up you didn't make me up. You got it backwards.
    You know who you are? You're fucking semantic blockage.
    That's what made you up."

*dies laughing, where is this from?*
    A song by Sublime called Raleigh Soliloquy Pt 1

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I say thank ya muchly, My friend is trying to bring me up to speed on modern music, I'm afraid it may be hopeless, I love my oldies too much!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What I don't get is why guys when they're swearing will say stuff like "suck my dick" to people they don't like. I don't get that. What's up with that???

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Perhaps because they are such godawful individuals that there could be no worse fate for anyone than to have to suck their dicks.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    What I don't get is why guys when they're swearing will say stuff like "suck my dick" to people they don't like. I don't get that. What's up with that???
    Because they really like their dicks sucked and don't much care who does it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Perhaps because they are such godawful individuals that there could be no worse fate for anyone than to have to suck their dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Because they really like their dicks sucked and don't much care who does it.
    Hrumph. My answer was more of a burn.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol.... i always wondered that too... cuz i thought having their dick sucked was something enjoyable... but i think the point is like Brice said that they don't care who does it.... most guys don't i don't think.. and in getting their dick sucked they aren't doing anything for you.... (well that doesn't apply to me because personally i enjoy it) and, i guess it's supposed to be demeaning cuz their awful people like Woofer said...

anyways i think it's a stupid swear. my friend used to say "suck my right ovary" hard to do i imagine... probably painful too.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

"Suck my dick" seems to me a fairly unpleasant thing to hear from the recipient's perspective and therein I think lies the nature of it as a nasty thing to say to someone. I don't think it's to be seen as a legitimate request for head.

Country
    Country Flag

of course it isn't lol.... i think it's funny that the swear is considered nasty to the recipient though. considering what they're actually saying.. you could be honored, but like Brice said... most guys don't care who sucks it..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's all that old domination/submission song. The position of the one who does the blowing is supposed to be regarded as submissive (generally, on his knees). Also, his part is regarded as female, which in primitive communities (where our "cussing" comes from) is considered highly humiliating for a male.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd think male or female, it's not really pleasant for someone else to suddenly suggest that you perform that particular service (outside of some dirty-talkin' consensual sex setting of course).

Country
    Country Flag

what isn't a dirty-talkin' consensual sex setting???
    jk guys

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it's all that old domination/submission song. The position of the one who does the blowing is supposed to be regarded as submissive (generally, on his knees). Also, his part is regarded as female, which in primitive communities (where our "cussing" comes from) is considered highly humiliating for a male.
    Oh sure... give the real explanation. I was going for funny.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the funny explanation (actually, half a dozen such) was so indecent that I had to quickly supplant it with the "scientific" one I posted

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the thing that's been bothering me the most with bad words is the name the English language has given them: of course you're going to wonder if they're bad as they're called "bad words". What does that mean, apart from the fact that at some remote point in the development of the language, it was really bad to use them. We've been calling them "gros mots" (big words) for centuries, and no one's wondered if they were bad since you could get punched for calling someone "connard". (this word is one of the most common in the French language and does not have the same meaning as "bastard", so I'd rather leave it untranslated and recommend you not to use it )
    But a web search yields too many different definitions. We need accuracy for when the need arises to curse in French.
    My only advice would be: check some other French swear words and you'll see that they all have about ten different meanings so please do not use them in any case unless I've told you you could, ok? Anyway, I love the way foreigners say the word "connard": it sounds almost sweet!
    ...soooooo, can I?

Who knows though when you'll find yourself in a situation where someone from a foreign country needs cursing...one wouldn't want to be ill equipped.
    I said you shouldn't and that means you can't. If you're coming to meet me in Paris and we meet some rude bastards, then I'll have to reconsider
    You're quite right and I wouldn't like to go to some foreign country without knowing basic swear words (after all, you never know what people may be saying about you!) and apparently, a lot of people are like us, which is the reason why there are so many free dictionaries on the internet which give the meaning of swear words too.
    Awwwwww!

And absolutely if you go to another country you need to know some. Have you learned Hungarian ones yet?
    I haven't learnt any yet. Actually, the only Hungarian word I know is utca, which means street (been reading my map properly ) so I guess I'll have to ask Letti and Susan when I see them! (then I'll tell them to you if you feel like it)

Sure!

I'm sorry I didn't see your message before meeting them but I promise I will hug them for you tomorrow. We should be taking pictures tomorrow too so you'll get to see us all together

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

ARRRGH, major quotage overload!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    One more won't hurt then.

...soooooo, can I?

Awwwwww!

Sure!

I'm sorry I didn't see your message before meeting them but I promise I will hug them for you tomorrow. We should be taking pictures tomorrow too so you'll get to see us all together
    That would be absolutely wonderful.

If you rescue me

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

and what the fuck, just to stay on topic.

shouldn't you have said "major fucking quotage overfuckingload"?

One more won't hurt then.

...soooooo, can I?

Awwwwww!

Sure!

That would be absolutely wonderful.
    i don't know any of you but i'd like a hug if it's not too late.

to J&Y

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice: I've done it They looked really happy too

Turtlesong: ok, I hug you too. This surely will create some kind of bond between us, won't it?

Now back on topic

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    shouldn't you have said "major fucking quotage overfuckingload"?
    I don't swear except in fiction. It just doesn't occur to me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    to J&Y
    Well, twenty-three skiddoo.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7