Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Neil Gaiman thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

When is he coming to LA?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a happy little bookstore. I love that they describe themselves as maniacally thrilled.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - I'll keep my eye open for any new Neil announcements. We're not exactly in convention season, so probably there will be more in the spring/summer.

Brice - I loved that, too !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the info, Pam. You may also want to mention it in Calvin's Corner in the "Other Authors..." thread.

I would love to see Gaiman again. Hope he comes back to the Bay Area soon.

My Mood
    Gay

Will do, Patrick.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Really cool news for all Sandman/Neil Gaiman fans.

Via www.digitalspy.com : ( thanks Jamesey for the heads-up )

Vertigo announces new 'Sandman' editions
    Monday, December 21 2009
    By Hugh Armitage, Comics Reporter

Vertigo has announced new, re-coloured editions of its legendary series Sandman.

Next year, Vertigo will begin publishing the first books of Neil Gaiman's ten-volume series, remastered and corrected with new covers provided by Sandman cover artist Dave McKean.

The series was initially re-coloured for the four oversized Absolute Sandman editions.

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, East Coast Neil Gaiman fans ... this looks super cool.

Neil Gaiman narrates Peter and the Wolf
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 ~ 7:00pm

World Financial Center: Winter Garden, 220 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10281

Lower Manhattan’s own professional classical music ensemble, The Knickerbocker Chamber Orchestra, continues its second season with a new twist on a classic work and a world premiere! Sergei Prokofiev’s children’s classic, Peter and the Wolf , is given new life when special guest Neil Gaiman, winner of the 2009 Newbery Award and author of Coraline, narrates this tale.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope I'm not jinxing it, but here it goes - I might get to go to Neil Gaiman's speaking at UCLA next week !

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have fun Feev
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, West Coasters --- MR FEEV !!!

Neil is going to be at UCLA tonight!!!

Where: UCLA Live, Royce Hall

Price: $48, 36, 24

When: 8:00pm Thu 2.04.10

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone know about the S/L Neverwhere that Morrow is publishing this month? ISBN # 9780061964947.

I had no clue we were publishing it, but then I ran into his editor and she told me she had spent the day numbering the limitations page.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Gay

Some Neil comic news over in the Comic Tower regarding the lawsuit between Neil and Todd McFarlane.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh!
    /goes to see.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really really really really wish I could afford to go to the American Gods Gathering at The House on the Rock sometime:
    http://thehouseontherockjournal.blogspot.com/

I bet the costume party will be amazing.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I really really really really wish I could afford to go to the American Gods Gathering at The House on the Rock sometime:
    http://thehouseontherockjournal.blogspot.com/

I bet the costume party will be amazing.
    Holy shit! That will be amazing!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Wish I had some money to invest ... VJ Books is having a 2010 end of year sale, and they have copies of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere Limited Edition on sale for $199 ( that's $100 off ! )

Description : Deluxe Limited Numbered Edition, signed by Neil Gaiman, with a full cloth jacket in a fabric-bound slipcase. Includes two-color text and endpapers, and two full-color illustrated spreads. Limited to one of 1000.

http://www.vjbooks.com/Gaiman-Neverw...neve01-ltd.htm

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$200 was the issue price - not really a sale

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Neverwhere-Ltd-Authors-Preferred-Text/dp/0061964948/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288712506&sr=8-2"]http://www.amazon.com/Neverwhere-Ltd-Authors-Preferred-Text/dp/0061964948/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288712506&sr=8-2[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    $200 was the issue price - not really a sale
    Really? Oh, man, they had it listed at $299.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I thought this might be of interest to my fellow Neil Gaiman fans:

http://www.theprice-movie.com
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This is to those collecting. I was in the Half Price book store today and in the "Collectors" section was a copy of this, signed by the author for $80.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this was so cool...did not realize it was him till later today...lol

http://tumblr.com/xbw4q1bw69

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Traveler JudCrandall is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For you Gaiman fans, Barnes and Noble has added American Gods/Anansi Boys to their leatherbound classics library.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And it is a nice addition indeed...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, just finished reading American Gods finally, after reading it on and off for the past few months. Thoughts? A lot of wonderful ideas, and some truly epic storytelling, although I did find it harder connecting to some of the main characters than in the last book of his I read, Anansi Boys (which I found to be an easier read, though that might be to do with the fact that I liked it's mixture of adult fairy tale with distinctly British comedy more). I think that was the only problem I had with it, though. Definitely keen to check out some of Gaiman's other stuff now.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast