Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neil Gaiman thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple days ago, my 4-year old son asked my wife this:

"Mommy, where do my dreams go when I wake up?"
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

that's great! I love that!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    First time in this thread...

I've read Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS and ANANSI BOYS in the last year and enjoyed them both. After enjoying those books and based on favorable things posted on other sites (from many of you actually), I finally started in on THE SANDMAN. I read Volume I, PRELUDES AND NOCTURNES, and I'm now into Volume 2, THE DOLL'S HOUSE.

There have been only limited appearances by other members of The Endless, but I'm loving this story (these stories?) regardless.

I've already purchased Volume 3, DREAM COUNTRY, as well.

Morpheus rocks.
    I finished DREAM COUNTRY a while ago, and I just started Volume 4, SEASON OF MISTS last night. Just based on the family meeting, this one feels like it's going to be great.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I just found out Gaiman wrote the screenplay adaptation for Beowulf. I would like to see it now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I just found out Gaiman wrote the screenplay adaptation for Beowulf. I would like to see it now.
    Yup. According to Entertaint Weekly , Zemeckis (Director) said the following to Gaiman : "There is nothing that you can write that I can't film."

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Oh, damn, I thought I told you about that. Sorry. I read it on his Wiki page.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I just remembered that I was supposed to post pictures of my faux leather bound copy of Season of Mists.

Here's the cover. You probably can't see it in the picture, but there are engraved designed on the cover behind the key.

This is the inside page. It may be the same as the regular graphic novel.

I also don't recall if this is in the back of the normal graphic novel, but it has old-time looking pictures of people involved in the project with amusing "biographies of each. For example, Gaiman's(not in the picture) says the following:

1) He was not found wandering the sewers of London as a child during the winter of 1864, unable to say anything more than "Powerful big rats, gentlemen."

2) He was never exhibited in public houses to the curious; only briefly in July, 1865, to selected gentlemen of standing from the scientific and literary community.

3) He did not have a vestigial tail.

4) He did indeed have what most people wouldn commonly understand as "eyes."

5) He was not actually the pilot of the Zepplin, although he did disappear for good following the explosion.

6) There is quite obviously no "underground kingdom beneath London inhabited by huge, intelligent rodents." And even if there were, and suggestion of Neil's involvement in the many territorial negotiations between London Above and Below can be considered a joke, and poor taste at that.

7) He was afraid of neither mirrors nor street conjurers.

8 ) There were no tooth-marks on the bones. "

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn Chris, those pictures look tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That book is great, Chris. Hilarious biography too. Thanks for sharing.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow - that is an awesome edition Chris!! The normal edition does have the fake biogs too

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Must.......have.....

I think I just came a little.

Lookit Goldie on the Morpheus one! MEEP!
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

...Those are gorgeous. Wow.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in love.

WEBSITE TO ORDER IT FROM!?!?!??

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I loved sandman... use dto have 5 of the graphic novels and someone swiped them...

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm in love.

WEBSITE TO ORDER IT FROM!?!?!??
    I think it is dcdirectonline.com that is doing them, but I don't think they do orders, so I am not sure.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG I want that so bad! Those are awesome!

And are they already on The Absolute Sandman Volume 3? I've only got Volume 1 and haven't seen any others around.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Three isn't out yet, but will be soon, I think. I've not bought any of the Absolute volums, since I have most of it either in graphic novel or the original comics.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But 2 is out?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Ayup.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Sandman-Vol-2/dp/140121083X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202957331&sr= 8-1"]Amazon.com: The Absolute Sandman, Vol. 2: Books: Neil Gaiman,Dave McKean,Colleen Doran,P. Craig Russell,Shawn Macmanus,Kelley Jones,Alisa Kwitney[/ame]

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I saw volume 2 in the bookstore recently.

Chris, where on earth did you get that copy of Season of Mists? And how much was it?
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it literally cost him an arm and a leg.

I had a copy of it when I was in highschool and let someone borrow it and never got it back. I had been looking for it for a while and couldn't find it, so I finally sent Neil Gaiman a message through his Ask Neil section of his website asking him about it and if he knew where i could find a copy of it. He directed me to http://www.alibris.com/ and I was able to find a seller through that site. It only cost me $16.81(that's with shipping), actually. This copy has more meaning to me that the original that I had, simply because Neil himself helped me find it. haha.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you still look at the message from time and time and find yourself gradually sliding under your desk?

haha. He replied via his journal on his website. I'd imagine I could search and find the message somewhere on tehre, since he has an archive.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Amandaaaaaaa.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast