Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Neil Gaiman thread

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How awesome is that going to be?? Just over a year, and I know what I'll be buying!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Six Seasons Planned For HBO's American Gods Adaptation HERE is the story

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I'll be looking out for this one!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This question was raised last night at the signing - and Neil said you can't believe everything you read on the Internet - he was denying any truth to the rumor

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Maturins_Daughter View Post
    How awesome is that going to be?? Just over a year, and I know what I'll be buying!
    Very awesome, that's how awesome. J. H. Williams III is an EXCELLENT choice.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/neil...rz-1201530032/
    Neil Gaiman fans, rejoice! The author himself will be writing episodes for the upcoming Starz series based on his beloved novel “American Gods.”

The show’s producer Bryan Fuller spilled the beans to Collider at the Saturn Awards earlier this week.

“We are cranking away. We’ve got the first two scripts written already,” Fuller said. “It’s wonderful to be working with Neil Gaiman.”

Fuller clarified: “Neil Gaiman is going to be writing episodes of the show,” he said. “It’s going to have scope, as it should.”

Based on the level of fan excitement generated earlier this month when it was announced that the novel would be turned into a Starz series, the reaction to the news of Gaiman’s direct involvement promises to be enthusiastic, to say the least.

The critically celebrated book has been translated into 30 languages and feted with Hugo and Nebula awards, high honors in the fantasy genre.

“I am thrilled, ‎scared, delighted, nervous and a ball of glorious anticipation,” Gaiman said when the series was announced. “The team that is going to bring the world of ‘American Gods’ to the screen has been assembled like the master criminals in a caper movie: I’m relieved and confident that my baby is in good hands.”

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question for the Gaiman fans out there (I should say eventually I have a question for you; first, this explanatory ramble):

For years, I'd been intrigued about Gaiman and wanted to read some, as I like fantasy and his name kept popping up. However, the few titles for which I actually saw a description definitely did not strike me as being things I would like (example: Good Omens, which seemed to include lots of humor, and American Gods, which seems either humorous or just really out-there).

Eventually, my daughter got The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, which disappointed her (she didn't think it was bad, but had expected more). Now having a copy of some Gaiman close at hand, I borrowed it and enjoyed it immensely. I then knew I had to try out a novel-length Gaiman work.

After the passing of another "eventually," I got Neverwhere , which I'm reading now. I am enjoying it, but it has far more humor than I'd expected.

[Humor parenthetical: I like humor, enjoy Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer, but it's just not really a focus of mine.]

My question: does he have anything that is more "serious" (as in not humorous) fantasy? I may yet enjoy things like Good Omens and American Gods, but I'd like to dive into something serious of his, if it exists.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Question for the Gaiman fans out there (I should say eventually I have a question for you; first, this explanatory ramble):

For years, I'd been intrigued about Gaiman and wanted to read some, as I like fantasy and his name kept popping up. However, the few titles for which I actually saw a description definitely did not strike me as being things I would like (example: Good Omens, which seemed to include lots of humor, and American Gods, which seems either humorous or just really out-there).

Eventually, my daughter got The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, which disappointed her (she didn't think it was bad, but had expected more). Now having a copy of some Gaiman close at hand, I borrowed it and enjoyed it immensely. I then knew I had to try out a novel-length Gaiman work.

After the passing of another "eventually," I got Neverwhere , which I'm reading now. I am enjoying it, but it has far more humor than I'd expected.

[Humor parenthetical: I like humor, enjoy Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer, but it's just not really a focus of mine.]

My question: does he have anything that is more "serious" (as in not humorous) fantasy? I may yet enjoy things like Good Omens and American Gods, but I'd like to dive into something serious of his, if it exists.
    I would say American gods then Anansi boys - would be of the more "serious" in nature of gaimans books. Stardust is great and quick, more tongue in cheek than the other two. Good omens is more "humorous" in my mind - but one of my favorites. But I enjoy all of his books, everyone in my family has read most of them, I read them with my son, etc, etc, etc. To new, younger fans (or any age I should say) - I would go with Coraline, stardust, graveyard book (one of my favorites). And - I guess I mentioned a bunch already...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

American Gods, eh? That seemed like one of the humorous ones, but I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, me and my girlfriend just finished listening to Audible's full-cast audio adaptation of The Sandman. And all I can say is...wow. They've only adapted a quarter of the story so far (I believe they've directly adapted the first 20 issues), but based on the series so far, I certainly hope that they adapt the rest. It was extremely well-cast (James MacAvoy was so good as Morpheus, I actually had no clue it was him until the end), and the sound design and music were both amazing. Definitely planning on checking out the graphic novels, but I really hope that they do more, as this was a real audio favorite from 2020.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know that Neil Gaiman had gotten Easton Press to do him a personal 100 copies print of "Neverwhere"!
    He has put one of his copies at auctions... currently at 4.5k !

It's here => https://www.32auctions.com/organizat..._items/2643663

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool; but I’m fine w my EP signed neverwhere…far less than 4500 w 2 days still to go
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The latest news on Audible’s Sandman adaptation: ‘The Sandman: Act II’ on Audible Premiere Date Set, James McAvoy Returns to Lead Star-Studded Cast

I’m definitely excited about this. Act I was a fantastic series. Great performances and well produced. I’m especially excited about John Lithgow appearing in this.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The latest news on Audible’s Sandman adaptation: ‘The Sandman: Act II’ on Audible Premiere Date Set, James McAvoy Returns to Lead Star-Studded Cast

I’m definitely excited about this. Act I was a fantastic series. Great performances and well produced. I’m especially excited about John Lithgow appearing in this.
    Thanks for link - btw ACT I is now free for US customers on Audible - until October - just goto your amazon account and search for it...seriously - FREE...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I noticed that. Definitely worth it if you haven’t checked it out yet.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10