Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Also for sale...

Subterranean Press - THE SHINING - gift edition.
    Book and slipcase are in like new condition.

If interested message me and i'll send more pictures.

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a query: generally, is there much difference between a lettered edition and a numbered edition besides the quantity available and the clamshell box? For example, I'm really interested in the Gentleman Bastard series, but I can't seem to see what the difference is between the lettered and numbered.
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by averagegatsby View Post
    I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have a query: generally, is there much difference between a lettered edition and a numbered edition besides the quantity available and the clamshell box? For example, I'm really interested in the Gentleman Bastard series, but I can't seem to see what the difference is between the lettered and numbered.
    Sometimes the only difference is the designation. Usually the lettered will use more premium techniques and materials, e.g hand marbled endpapers, higher quality paper stock, letterpress printing, additional content and/or signatures, additional artwork, etc..

I can't answer your specific question as regards the Gentleman Bastard series. However, you can certainly expect the books to be in line with other Subterranean editions. A quick query to SubPress will probably provide your answers.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Generally, $1,000-$4,000 and the limitation. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’ve never seen a SubPress release where the only difference between the lettered and numbered releases was the traycase. There is almost always a difference in both binding and boards - even if the dustjacket is the same - and often a difference in paper stock.

The one exception is that they have done chapbook or broadsheet releases where the difference is just the designation. But those are exceedingly infrequent.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Sometimes the only difference is the designation. Usually the lettered will use more premium techniques and materials, e.g hand marbled endpapers, higher quality paper stock, letterpress printing, additional content and/or signatures, additional artwork, etc..

I can't answer your specific question as regards the Gentleman Bastard series. However, you can certainly expect the books to be in line with other Subterranean editions. A quick query to SubPress will probably provide your answers.
    Thank you very much for your answer, it's nice to know that the lettered editions tend to use more premium techniques. I've had a chat with someone on this forum and they did a thorough job of explaining the differences between the lettered and numbered.
    Looking for:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Generally, $1,000-$4,000 and the limitation. LOL
    Ha, $1,000 - $4,000 is being generous when you look at the Malazan series!
    Looking for:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I’ve never seen a SubPress release where the only difference between the lettered and numbered releases was the traycase. There is almost always a difference in both binding and boards - even if the dustjacket is the same - and often a difference in paper stock.

The one exception is that they have done chapbook or broadsheet releases where the difference is just the designation. But those are exceedingly infrequent.
    Thank you very much for your response. You're right, I had a conversation with someone from this forum and they explained the differences to me in quite some depth. I wasn't too sure as they weren't quite clear on their website what the specific differences were but I'm glad I know now.
    Looking for:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some photos of a lettered and numbered of the same book to show differences. Price point matters in SP editions. A $300 lettered will be much different than a $750+ lettered.
    Some differences are cloth binding vs. leather, solid endsheets vs. marbled, traycase vs. slipcase. Hope this helps.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Here are some photos of a lettered and numbered of the same book to show differences. Price point matters in SP editions. A $300 lettered will be much different than a $750+ lettered.
    Some differences are cloth binding vs. leather, solid endsheets vs. marbled, traycase vs. slipcase. Hope this helps.

Oh wow, there appears to be a drastic difference! Thank you very much for sharing.
    Looking for:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No problem. All of their lettered editions will be different but the price point dictates how much different.

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda wish I never asked now. I'm now no longer content with my signed Folio Society Farseer Trilogy and I now want the Subterranean Press lettered edition. What have I gotten myself into, haha.
    Looking for:

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda wish I never asked now. I'm now no longer content with my signed Folio Society Farseer Trilogy and I now want the Subterranean Press lettered edition. What have I gotten myself into, haha.
    Then I won't suggest you come on over to Suntup either.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Then I won't suggest you come on over to Suntup either.

I genuinely laughed out loud. One day I'll win one of their lettered lotteries, (I hope)!
    Looking for:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, that kind of happens. Those books are gorgeous.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know of any slipcase(s)for Altered Carbon #'ed set? Thx

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought I would share a very nice set with a new slipcase.

For those interested in custom slipcases, Patrick Heffernan is great to work with.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000737794630
    Click on SLIPCASES in the heading to check out some of his stuff.

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Sold

BURNING CHROME
    from the author of Neuromancer
    Subterranean Press
    $220

Shipping in the U.S. only included
    p.p. f&f

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE:

SUBTERRANEAN PRESS BOOKS

Boy's Life and Swan Song MATCHING NUMBERS -* $1300

silence of the lambs LETTERED EDITION- $1700

p.p. f&f.* Shipping included.* U.S. buyers only.** All three books in fine condition.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have pre-orders they're willing to sell of The Ten Thousand Doors of January By Alix E. Harrow and The Kingdom of Gods By N. K. Jemisin? PM me if you do. Thanks.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Traveler Sol3rSystem will become famous soon enough Sol3rSystem's Avatar

Anyone selling Burning Chrome by William Gibson or Engine Summer by John Crowley?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Full lettered set of the Red Rising. Matching letter and rights. $5400 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Price Drop

Sub Press (signed/numbered editions):
    The Martian w/slipcase $275 SOLD
    Ready Player One w/slipcase. Corner dent to slipcase. Book fine. $385
    Silence of the Lambs (not signed by Harris as issued) - $350
    Summer of Night - $220 SOLD

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I see that Sub Press announced an edition of 'Lovecraft Country' by Matt Ruff. Will have illustrations by David Palumbo - who I think is a great choice here. Not sure about the multi-column layout planned though. As a novel I thought it started stronger than it ended, but may still look to pickup a copy.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Sub Press (signed/numbered edition):
    Ambergris $300
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast