Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Tippy, you can buy it and give it to me
    Sure...why not?

Wake Up Karen! You're Dreaming!

A girl can dream, can't she?!?!?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

yep 1),i agree brice,i just cant justify it. 2) im with you wiz,i think the madness has passed.-wife breathes a sigh!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have pretty much all of King's signed limiteds (and most lettered editions) and I'm passing on this also. I was tempted but in the end, common sense won out. Think of how inexpensive Postscripts 10 was for both King and Joe Hill's signatures!!
    I hate to miss out but have to draw the line somewhere.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received the email this morning and quickly decided to pass. $750 is way too steep for a simple signature with no writing contribution (neither intro nor story).

Donating half the profits to The Haven Foundation is commendable for sure, but at a high $750 cover price, I'd be far more impressed with half the revenue going to Haven.

The King connection (a chapter named after a King book, and a picture of a King book along with 48 other non-King books on the endpapers) is too tenuous for even the $45 version to get much of a response from me. I'll probably just wait to see if they ever issue a trade edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I passed on this one as well. $200-300? Maybe....but $750 didn't feel right for some reason. Good GOD, I must be coming to my senses.

Hello Everyone....I'm Ralph.....(hello Ralph)....I collect King.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm passing on this one totally. i mean, king isn't even writing a foreward for it is he?
    way way to much money for me for just a king signature (which can be obtained a lot cheaper elsewhere).
    since i've never read Charles Ardai - and thus i'm not a fan of his... (might be different if i were) - i can't even justify it that way.
    IMHO: from the sounds of it... this isn't a signed stephen king limited or even really a signed stephen king related book- it's someone else's book that happens to be signed by king. definitely not worth the 750.00 - i'll save that and buy a real stephen king limited with it.

i see this as a test... will people pay outragous sums of money for anything simply because a brand name is attached to it? this "people" won't.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    The King connection (a chapter named after a King book, and a picture of a King book along with 48 other non-King books on the endpapers) is too tenuous for even the $45 version to get much of a response from me. I'll probably just wait to see if they ever issue a trade edition.
    I would assume Patrick that this book will still be published in mass market paperback form. The Limited is just a special edition because it's the 50th book.
    Geoff

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I passed on this one as well. $200-300? Maybe....but $750 didn't feel right for some reason. Good GOD, I must be coming to my senses.

Hello Everyone....I'm Ralph.....(hello Ralph)....I collect King.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    lol
    Geoff

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can understand why some will not pay for this signed limited, but you do get quite a bit for your money, whether it's a King book or not.

$750 for a large leather bound book with full colour plates, loads of pages of signatures and a hand made case. Every signed limited book is great quality and looks great on the shelf.

On the other hand you could spend $175 on a single slip of paper called a bookplate with a signature on it and a message about a political candidate that will be obscure in 5 years. I have no idea if anyone would display that.

I am buying it because I buy all King signed limited books. This is limited to 50 and I would kick myself in years to come if I didn't buy it at list price. All the King S/Lds I own have been purchased at many times the original price.

Just my 2 cents worth

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

After a lot of consideration, I decided to cancel my order for this. The are other items on my wish-list that I would much rather have. It is rare for me to pass on a new S/L (I think the only one I have passed on is Dandelion Wine in recent years) but I just have not felt good about this purchase since I made it....especially since I realized there was no actual King material in it.

Furthermore, I am very confident that this book will join the ranks of those that will actually be selling for less than the issue price on the secondary market like Dandelion Wine, The Colorado Kid and The Green Mile. I may consider picking one up at a later date if this happens.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Rabbit Trick, I am very happy for you. You obviously are in a very good position, given not only the dolllar weakness vs. the Pound, but other factors in your favor.
    It is only a 1/50, and I am sure it will sell out, but I have no desire myself to own it.
    That being said, I'm happy for you.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I look forward to Mr. RT posting pics of his book someday and making us all a wee bit jealous that we don't have one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Wow. $750. I dunno - thats a bit much for a Stephen King signature and a bunch of authors I don't know.

Sure its a leather book with plates and all - but you can get a book from Easton Press with a great signature for under $100.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i wonder how long it takes to sell out -if it even does at all. i reckon it'll go the way of TOM GORDON. copies will turn up a lot cheaper than the publishers price. even dandelion wine was selling for $100 cheaper 1 month after it "sold out".

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I won't be buying it, but I look at it two ways...

First, I'm sure it will be a really neat presentatoion and unique appearance...Sub press does a good job, and for the money and the limitation it will be really good. I have no problem with the price, considering there are only 50 of them

But....this is just a King signature sheet, and it seems exactly like the type of limited that King himself railed against a few years back about how the book was nothing but an excuse to have a signature...so I get the donation to Haven and all that, but as a product, it is a bit of a money grab...but since only 50 people actually get to own one, it's still going to be very exclusive...

A lot of neat sigs though, so it isn't like it's just King...it's got plusses and minuses...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has this been published yet?
    P.S. I noticed 1/2 the "profits' are to be donated to The Haven Foundation.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Wow. $750. I dunno - thats a bit much for a Stephen King signature and a bunch of authors I don't know.

Sure its a leather book with plates and all - but you can get a book from Easton Press with a great signature for under $100.
    Kind of the reasoning I have for not really even thinking twice about this one. I have a wish-list a mile long and thinking of all the "need its" on my list, $750 could go a long way (or a short way toward a great peice). As for the 500 set...I don't really read the Hard Case books, so it would make little to no sense for me to eve ngo for the $45 edition.

Too bad, I am stil lin want of a signed King novel, but alas, I want it to be a KING novel! []

Besides...I have suspicions that a signed King may be appearing under my Christmas tree--let's all cross our fingers, k?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bumping this thread for Sir Boomme and anyone else who may have missed it.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody order this? When is it being published?

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there are some out there who've ordered the deluxe copy, but to me $750 is a high price for just a King signature.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the regular limited edition signed by the author and was just wondering when I should expect it to be shipped. I was under the impression that it was being published back in December.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I ordered the regular limited edition signed by the author and was just wondering when I should expect it to be shipped. I was under the impression that it was being published back in December.
    I ordered the regular Limited Edition myself (no King sig), and they haven't published this one yet. I also haven't seen it in any of the recent Sub Press updates. My guess is February at the earliest for a release date.
    Geoff

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i think i remember reading about this one when it was first announced, saw the 750.00 price, decided it was to much for a story i didn't even like....dismissed the prospect of purchasing it, and wiped it from my memory so that i wouldn't remember that there is a limited king book that i won't own.... all this done in about 5 seconds.

damn... now i remember (thanks dammit), and now still don't want to buy it... but now depressed with my decision.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one ARC signed by the author, but I was unable to read it so far. I plan to do that in a week or two.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the trade of this today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast