Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On 04/09/2015 ENDYMION lettered was shipped.
    On 04/13 the package left Istanbul, Turkey (of all places!) and was in transit to the destination. As of now, it still is.

This of course has nothing whatsoever to do with the service SubPress offers. I've been a customer for years and not once has a package not arrived. I'm sure it will be here next week.

On a happier note:
    On April 20 A Game of Thrones numbered was shipped.
    On April 24 (today!) the package was processed by customs in the Netherlands.

That's two great books that will be arriving next week.

Thank You Bill!!

sk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I wish I had your Sub Press proof source!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, all I'm going by is the ENDICIA Package status. If I have any questions about the delivery of a certain item, I have to contact the US Postal Service directly.
    I would think SubPress provides this service for all customers?
    Or just for non-US deliveries?

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    On 04/13 the package left Istanbul, Turkey (of all places!) and was in transit to the destination. As of now, it still is.
    Finally!
    Your item is being processed by customs in NETHERLANDS at 1:27 pm on April 28, 2015.
    Processed Through Sort Facility, April 28, 2015, 1:26 pm, NETHERLANDS

Now, the flight from Turkey to the Netherlands only takes a couple of hours.
    I have no clue why there hasn't been an update for 15 days!

At least I'm glad the long wait is almost over.

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally!
    Your item is being processed by customs in NETHERLANDS at 1:27 pm on April 28, 2015.
    Processed Through Sort Facility, April 28, 2015, 1:26 pm, NETHERLANDS

Now, the flight from Turkey to the Netherlands only takes a couple of hours.
    I have no clue why there hasn't been an update for 15 days!

At least I'm glad the long wait is almost over.

sk

John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So, Bill at subpress decided to cancel both of my orders for the game of thrones. I hadn't read that I was only allowed one limited edition. That's fine, my mistake. My lettered? Canceled that to, saying "canceled because you think the rules don't apply to you and you are a headache." Huh. I would have thought you wanted to sell books, not insult one of your customers. I can understand canceling the limited, but canceling my lettered order? Wow. Real nice. I was planning on keeping the lettered as well.

If you recall I was one of the biggest critics of the shining debacle. You can count me in as a critic for this to. I think he was pissed I sold my game of thrones limited on the secondary market for more than issue price. Like countless others have done. I was just unlucky that he found out my eBay name.

Anyway, you would think dropping over 700 dollars in 5 minutes would be appreciated but I guess not.

Also, to clarify, I've never ordered a lettered edition from sub press in my life. So I wasn't breaking a rule in ordering it.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just curios - it really said "canceled because you think the rules don't apply to you and you are a headache." in the email ?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    just curios - it really said "canceled because you think the rules don't apply to you and you are a headache." in the email ?
    Yup - that was on my paypal cancellation notice

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I mean even if you were a headache that is very unprofessional. That really surprises me because generally my experiences with Sub Press have been positive.

Sorry that happened man.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Yup - that was on my paypal cancellation notice
    i might be mistaken - but didn't the original order page say only 1 per customer? Now I know this has nothing to do with the lettered copy - that is a separate issue. I assume that was what Bill was referencing about "rules" - still I might not have stated the part about being a headache - unless he has an excedrin bottle with your name on it.

My Mood
    Inspired

Hi cit - the rules were one EDITION per person. I hadn't ordered a lettered edition before.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

From the game of thrones page: "Important Note: You may order one copy of each edition of A Game of Thrones only if you have not ordered before. If you have ordered an edition previously, you may not order the same edition again."

Sounds like you were playing within the rules for the lettered.

My Mood
    Inspired

Posting here for proof in case people wanted to see

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...69/image35.jpg

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

sorry Kingfan24, but Bill is the nicest gents in the biz and their service is immaculate, BUT if you think you going to be smartass and "ignore" the IMPORTANT NOTICE (that was really hard, right?) and buy an edition from someone who don't own any, and later sell it on ebay for like gazzilion of $ just like all others scammers, i think you deserve it.
    you just given them more work to do, like refund etc. instead of their jobs which is handling orders from people who don't sold them on ebay!!
    just my 2 cents.

My Mood
    Inspired

I think you might need to calm down in your first post zachip. Welcome to the site.

Also I stated I made a mistake and was OKAY with him canceling my order. However he should have honored my lettered copy - regardless of what I was going to do with it.

Also, don't call me a scammer. Just because I bought a limited and sold it for higher doesn't mean I scammed anyone. I'm allowed to do with my books as I please.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I'm just curious but what does selling a book on ebay or secondary market have to do with anything if you bought the book it's yours to do whatever with. If there was no secondary market most of us wouldn't have the collections that we do.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

thanks. didn't try to offend and i usually don't like to post. just to read.
    but this one upset me a little...

no problem. but if you are collector, you don't want to scam other collector right? you can add little extra. i thought that's like a decent thing to do.
    at least for me. i sold bunch of limited and didn't try to rip off the buyer. the problem is with the booksellers that make this they regular trand. oh well, this is the world we live in...

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    thanks. didn't try to offend and i usually don't like to post. just to read.
    but this one upset me a little...
    Not sure how I upset you. Bill did something wrong in my opinion. Plain and simple. I put in a fair order for a lettered edition. I paid my 440 dollars and it should have been honored.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah.. I am confused as to why Kingfan is getting any blame here. There are a ton of people on this site who buy with the sole purchase of reselling, even at premium prices. There is nothing wrong with that. I am sure that the people at Sub Press and any small press completely understand this and are fine with this. They are not in the secondary market so it isn't their business.

Any way you look at it, regardless if Kingfan tried to buy an extra limited edition or not. To include that kind of message with the cancellation was a sour move. I dont even think cancelling the lettered edition was bad because regardless of intent, there was an attempt to circumvent the rules.

I like Bill and I like Subpress.. I think in my experiences they have been great. I will agree with Kingfan about the uncalled for message though.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't say it was intentional Kingfan. Perhaps I misunderstood but you had previous purchased a limited GOT correct? And then you later tried to buy a limited and a lettered right? Attempting to purchase the 2nd limited edition was in violation of the 1 edition per person.

Regardless of how it was handled with other people, I will agree that it's the sellers prerogative to cancel the entire order once they establish that you already had purchased a limited. You can be sour about that but that is a grey area.

I support you with the comment but not that you should have been allowed to keep the lettered on order

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see anything wrong with Kingfan24 ordering a Lettered since he didn't previously have one. Unless Sub press is different than other publishers, I see many people buy a lettered and a regular S/L at the same time.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I'm just curious but what does selling a book on ebay or secondary market have to do with anything if you bought the book it's yours to do whatever with. If there was no secondary market most of us wouldn't have the collections that we do.
    Quite right...As to that comment by Sub Press, I think it's rude and wasn't called for and certainly no way to talk to a paying customer. Maybe he was just having a bad day and was venting by way of the comment when cancelling the order. I think we've all had those days.. Maybe he had a bunch of people trying to order multiple copies intentionally.... From what I'm hearing, that comment is out of character so that's probably what happened.

Country
    Country Flag

I buy SubPress numbered and lettered editions of the same title as well. That's never a problem.
    I have no idea why Bill reacted the way he did.

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with zelig (Paul) in that he seemed to be having a bad day and took it out on kingfan24. Not a real excuse, though.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast