Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    If money's an issue (and at $175 for a book without a slipcase it just might be), there's also the option of getting it on layaway from Camelot.
    Money definitely is not the issue - the issue is it’s going to be a standard sub press book. It’s 8x8, no slipcase. Seems like a money grab to me.
    There’s a slipcase and I would think Dave McKean isn’t cheap.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'll take a picture of the Vance book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The Lettered at $1500 will probably be like the lettered for NOS4A2 - leather-bound or silk-bound slipcase, leather-bound embossed book, hand sewn binding, plus the additional Remarque. The lettered of Silence of the Lambs was $1500, and it still stands as one of the finest productions SubPress has done. I imagine Full Throttle will also be something pretty special.

I passed on the Full Throttle lettered - I don't currently have any Hill Lettereds, and don't plan to start collecting them - but I will pick up a numbered. It's a bit pricey at $175, but this indicates it will have some of the features of a "deluxe" numbered - heavier paper, two-color printing, slipcase, etc.

HBJ
    I agree. The standard lettereds are all pretty much the same, but once they hit the $500 price point, they start to get really nice. But they're still always described the same way!

"26 signed specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase"

I'm assuming they do this to keep their creative options open...

There was at least one other title besides Silence of the Lambs (which I agree is perhaps their finest effort) that was $1500 - the lettered Smoke & Mirrors, which goes for more than double that now and has the coolest traycase.
    Thanks guys, that will push me to buy a future lettered over the 1000$ mark from Subpress if I’m really into the book. The lack of extra details in the description is indeed what made me doubt.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m looking forward to seeing your Lettered Editions when this is released. Personally I ordered the Numbered edition. I’m good with the $175 price tag on that one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Is it just me or has Subpress been on fire 🔥? Every book looks incredible and they are signing amazing authors. Very excited to read Gideon the Ninth!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, they have some amazing books coming out between now and January, and have some incredible announcements coming that Bill has already teased online.

Can't wait for Fire & Blood, The Labyrinth of the Spirits, and Use of Weapons to all land on my doorstep. And Jemisin, Gibson and Willis to be pre-ordered later this year.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Hello fellow collectors!

A new venue for all rare books aficionados to meet, discuss, and share our passion for all works by the modern day literary god, George RR Martin is open!

George RR Martin Rarities

This is the very first Facebook group (or second, according to Pat Robinson) solely dedicated to sharing news, buying, selling, and trading of rare books by George RR Martin and everyone is welcome to join. We already have several of the most established and well-respected rare books super-collectors amonst our ranks including Rebecca Dornsife, Pat Robinson, Yegor Malinovskii, and Pekka Poutanen!

Emulating the much venerated Stephen King Rare Editions group by Kris Webster, our Group will focus solely on collecting rare books including 1) limited & lettered editions, 2) 1sts, 3) signed, 4) proofs/Arcs, and 5) original illustration artworks featured on GRRM's works.

An all new up-to-date compilation of wish list/sales list is also available in the group, so if you are looking for a book to complete your matching set or have rare books for sale, please join the group!

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

New releases are coming out soon! Windhaven limited and the Book of Magic are already out.
    Lettered edition of Windhaven and the Book of Maginc will be released soon.

Since Subterranean Press is the sole publisher of GRRM's limited edition works atm, I figured it would be a perfect time for you guys to join the party as well

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    New releases are coming out soon! Windhaven limited and the Book of Magic are already out.

Since Subterranean Press is the sole publisher of GRRM's limited edition works atm, I figured it would be a perfect time for you guys to join the party as well
    Awesome initiative Arnold, the day I joined was already fruitful as Yegor pointed out Marc Simonetti's limited prints and I was able to pick up the single print Iron Throne. Can't wait to frame it!
    Keep up the good work. I might even copy it for Malazan if you don't start that

best,
    Maurice
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Awesome initiative Arnold, the day I joined was already fruitful as Yegor pointed out Marc Simonetti's limited prints and I was able to pick up the single print Iron Throne. Can't wait to frame it!
    Keep up the good work. I might even copy it for Malazan if you don't start that

best,
    Maurice
    Greetings Maurice,

Thank you very much for the encouragement and I am more than thrilled to know that you are able to add Simonetti's print amongst your collection! Although it's only been a week, I have received a wealth of knowledge from fellow members as well and I am already on a lookout for books that I got to know, once again, thanks to the members.

The Malazan group would be a huge boon to all book collectors! I get the feeling that the prospective pool of members will nearly be identical to those in GRRM group

See you around Maruice!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Not to mention Fire & Blood. I expect that will be one incredible production from SubPress.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Not to mention Fire & Blood. I expect that will be one incredible production from SubPress.
    Oh absolutely! Supposedly, the lettered edition of Fire & Blood is going to be the most lavish GRRM work ever produced by Subterranean! I am very excited

The S/L of William Gibson's Burning Chrome went on sale this morning. It looks like they are planning something big for it - oversized, two colour printing and illustrations, etc. Hopefully we get some colour tipped in illustrations as well, although that's not mentioned in the description.

Only 350 numbered and 26 lettered. I will say that it is a bit pricey for a 200-odd-page book, but I hope that means SubPress are making it a top-tier release.

https://subterraneanpress.com/burning-chrome

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

If anyone is looking for three body problem lettered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133296283556

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    If anyone is looking for three body problem lettered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133296283556
    Your listing Louis?

Yes sir.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you make a good sale m8! Very very pricey, but beautiful books! If someone really wants them then price is no issue. Some crazies in this world buy lettered Malazans as well

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Just received a PayPal message that Subterranean has sent me a refund. There's no message or explanation provided, but it can only be for Joe Hill's Full Throttle … my assumption would be that they oversold it. Disappointing.
    If that's the case . . . Weird. It's not like it was flying off the shelf.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    And there are still copies available on the SubPress site.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Oh well unless you’re talking about the lettered editions of course. In which case that is crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh well unless you’re talking about the lettered editions of course. In which case that is crappy.
    Mystery solved, and I humbly change my comment from "disappointing" to "Kudos!". Looks like I ordered it last August when it was first announced and then, not remembering that at all, ordered it again a few days ago. The refund was the second order, which SP correctly identified as a mistake (it helped that I added exactly the same number request to both orders) and cancelled.

So thank you SP!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whew! Good to hear. Make sure you do not order a third!
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sub Press once sent me a box of FREE books because one of their titles had been delayed for about a year. Can't beat that. And, one time, one time ONLY, they stuck a proof in a box in which I'd ordered one of their Bradbury titles for a friend, so of course I had to give the proof to my friend.
    Anyway, that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Sub Press once sent me a box of FREE books because one of their titles had been delayed for about a year. Can't beat that. And, one time, one time ONLY, they stuck a proof in a box in which I'd ordered one of their Bradbury titles for a friend, so of course I had to give the proof to my friend.
    Anyway, that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    Man think if other publishers did this. They would have no books left

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast