Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Stephen King Goes to the Movies

Traveler chrismart83 is on a distinguished road

Default ...........

Last edited by chrismart83; 02-17-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good question. My five:

Green Mile
    Shawshank
    Stand By Me
    Kubrick's Shining
    Mist

John

Poisonbat

Mine would be close to yours:
    Green Mile
    Shawshank
    Stand By Me
    Secret Window
    Dreamcatcher

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The shorter story adaptions are seem to be the best overall don't they? Although I rather liked Carrie, and I thought The Stand series was rather good.

I would be interested in reading his thoughts on the worse adaptions though, so:

Salem's Lot - Rather estranged from the book, but has it's good points I reckon.

The Shining - I actually though this was a great film.It deviates quite a bit from the book though. Jack Nicholson's character was certainly iconic. I felt he had a much smaller journey than the book equivalent though. I.e. the book version, is generally decent guy with a dark side that comes out when he's drunk. Jack Nicholson's version seemed pretty dark from the start to me though. King's thoughts on this could be interesting.

Shawshank- I choose this as it's such a faithful adaption. Nice to get King's thoughts on something that was successfully adapted, and his view on the
    Spoiler:
    tagged on happy ending. Personally it gave me a nice feeling.

Carrie. First book. First film adaption (I believe.) I'd like his thoughts on this.

Not sure of the last. I'm going for another success though(despite what I said at the start):
    The Green Mile.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think my 5 would be
    Stand by Me
    The Shining
    Shawshank
    Children of the Corn
    Dreamcatcher

Some were good adaptations, some bad, and some that took the basic idea from his story and ran with it in their own way.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.