Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Dark Tower Relatives ...

Gunslinger Apprentice Rider_of_Discordia is on a distinguished road Rider_of_Discordia's Avatar

Default Your Dark Tower Relatives ...

They say you can pick your friends, but not your family. Well just suppose you could pick your family ... and they you could select them from the Dark Tower Universe(s) ... who would you have and in what family position?

I would love Moses Carver as my Grandad. I think Ted Brautigan would make a great Uncle. Eddie Dean would be a fantastic cousin ... especially if you only to meet him at birthdays and christmas time! (Anymore might get exhausting!) I think I already have a bunch of unsocial weird breakers as relatives at the moment.

Anyone else?

**Just thought ... this is in the wrong place on the board isn't it! Sorry ... can someone move it to the right place!**
    Last edited by Rider_of_Discordia; 07-18-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: wrong place on the forum

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Susannah* is already my wife. I certainly couldn't ask for anything better than that.

* well, with legs, and perfectly sane - at least comparing with me

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Jake as my son.
    ( my son's are great so I'd just add him in, not replace the ones I have)

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oy would be my companion... my solid steadfast friend..

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great thread!!!

ok.... i'd want Jake as a son, Oy as a pet, Susannah as a best friend, Eddie would be a much better BIG brother i think.. i'm not sure i'd want to be related to Roland as he wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice me for his tower. i agree that Moses Carver would make a kickass grandfather, but i think Aaron Deepeneau would too...Rosalita would be a good mom i think..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd want Roland , Cuthbert, and Alain to be my brothers so that we can kick it, drink, possibly shoot at random things together.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I think we can assume nobody wants Cordelia as an Aunt?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like Ted Brautigan as my Dad, he reminds me of him anyway. John Cullum as an uncle, Jake as a brother and Eddie and Dinky Earnshaw as the crazy cousins you sneak off and get drunk with at family reunions

I think Roland would be a cool godfather - you'd be scared to get into any shit, but if you took it like a man he'd totally help you bail yourself out.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Roland as godfather would be awesome!!!

Eddie as a cousin, Susannah too, for that matter.

Father Callahan as an uncle, Rosalita as an aunt.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to have oy for my pet, Jake as my son, Eddie as a cousin, Susannah would definelty be my sister, Roland as a godfather, Rosalita, grandmother, Ted Brautigan, grandfather

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

The dream of dreams:
    Roland is my husband and we are living in Calla why try our best to bring up Jake. Oy is Jake's pet and soulmate, like in the series. Eddie and Susannah are our neighbours. And everything is the same in Calla and I am no more than a simple housewife.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rider_of_Discordia is on a distinguished road Rider_of_Discordia's Avatar

Letti, that must mean you have learned to dance the Commala?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rider_of_Discordia View Post
    Letti, that must mean you have learned to dance the Commala?
    I would dance it with all my heart. You can be sure about it.

(Do you still think this *great* thread should be moved somewhere? It looks okay here.)

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i'm going to have to think more about this but for now:

jake as my son
    oy were he always belongs - with jake
    aaron as my brother (but not sick, please god)
    moses carver as . . . grandfather probably
    eddie as my brother
    susannah as my sister-in-law
    rosalita as my aunt
    pere callahan as my brother

i am still thinking about roland. he worries me, a great deal.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I want an Oy-pet! Bad!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how about a Shardik pet?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Even better! Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

only if shardik promises not to chase me up a tree whilst trying to eat me for dinner. can shardik promise that?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i'd take the entire tet as my brethren./ much better than the ones i have now. more competent too. Oy can only replace Bob the Retard. Axel is too good a pet

Funny that Roland hasn't been snapped up by many of us (except wholeheartedly by Letti ... )
    As THE GUNSLINGER was originally written I would have picked Roland as a brother, then Roland becomes more gruff and distant as the series moves on, certainly harder to like and more scary, though more of an interesting character. I noticed in rereading THE GUNSLINGER revised version and The Gunslinger Original version side by side (which I have just been doing to get me over the jones of finishing THE DARK TOWER recently!) that King has toned down the friendly Roland of the original novel quite a bit. Roland starts off the gruff and scary Roland ... the one that King the writer character is uncomfortable with.
    Anyone else see that?

How many people want billy bumblers!!! lol ... They should do an Cuddly OY plushie. That would sell like hot cakes, say thankya!

Funny that Roland hasn't been snapped up by many of us (except wholeheartedly by Letti ... )
    As THE GUNSLINGER was originally written I would have picked Roland as a brother, then Roland becomes more gruff and distant as the series moves on, certainly harder to like and more scary, though more of an interesting character. I noticed in rereading THE GUNSLINGER revised version and The Gunslinger Original version side by side (which I have just been doing to get me over the jones of finishing THE DARK TOWER recently!) that King has toned down the friendly Roland of the original novel quite a bit. Roland starts off the gruff and scary Roland ... the one that King the writer character is uncomfortable with.
    Anyone else see that?

How many people want billy bumblers!!! lol ... They should do an Cuddly OY plushie. That would sell like hot cakes, say thankya!
    i'm sorry. did you just say that roland was friendly in the gunslinger? we are talking about roland deschain right? roland of gilead? roland who murdered every single person in tull. roland who raped sylvia pittston with his gun. roland who let jake drop.

that roland?

oh, and i'd take an oy plush. always figuring that they consulted sai king on how he should look that is.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Anyone else see that?

i'm sorry. did you just say that roland was friendly in the gunslinger? we are talking about roland deschain right? roland of gilead? roland who murdered every single person in tull. roland who raped sylvia pittston with his gun. roland who let jake drop.

that roland?

oh, and i'd take an oy plush. always figuring that they consulted sai king on how he should look that is.
    Roland's a friendly guy. That's why he'd make a good chia pet.

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like John Cullum for a grandpa..he's all kick-ass for an old guy!
    Aaron Depneau for my other grandpa.
    Eddie for a big brother...I always wanted a big brother.
    Susannah as a really cool sister-in-law that you actually like (rare, I know).
    Jake as a son, of course with his pet Oy.
    Ted and Pere Callahan as uncles.
    I would totally want to have Rolland in my life somewhere, but he doesn't really bring to mind fuzzy family moments, so I'm not sure where it would be. I don't think he's the father type, but in some sort of protective type capacity. I guess godfather works for now until I think of better.

Great thread!!!

Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Anyone else see that?

that roland?
    I have just started to type the same questions but you were quicker.
    That Roland?!?!?!

I felt absolutely the opposite.
    When I first met Roland he was a killing-machine and as the story was going on I could meet and got to love Roland's human side.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Roland's a friendly guy. That's why he'd make a good chia pet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast