Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to seeing Apocalypto. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but it kept me entertained enough to make me want to keep watching. Following in RF's footsteps : 4 beers out of a six pack

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Saw Shrek 3. And to jump on the bandwagon, I would give it 4 and half beers out of a sixpack.

As for Spiderman 3, it was fun, but lacked a little from the first two. When comic hero type movies start throwing in multiple bad guys, that's never a good sign.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post

And now I must see the Fountain...

The movie is crammed full of symbolism. I loved it. I kept having "Oh yeah!" moments for a week after watching it because I thought about it so much.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whats it about?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=VolsToTheWall;10880]
    Has anybody seen a movie called Old Boy?
    No, but somebody recommended it in the horror forum, so I looked it up up, thought it sounded cool, and added it in my queue.
    Hmm, not sure if I would call it a horror film. In a way, I think that cheapens the film. Not to say that all horror films are cheap, but most modern day horror films do tend to have a stigma about them.

It's more of a revenge flick.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that was me that mentioned Old Boy. I wouldn't call it scary, SS is right about it being a revenge flick. Though with the gore, and personal tragedies the main character goes through, it can almost be classified as a horror movie.

Things happen to that guy that makes most real horror movies seem like an episode of 7th Heaven.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a reason why alot of films are shot in Sydney or other metro locations here - because we're cheap sluts when it comes to filming rights on land
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Still Servant;12014]
    Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    Has anybody seen a movie called Old Boy?
    No, but somebody recommended it in the horror forum, so I looked it up up, thought it sounded cool, and added it in my queue.
    Hmm, not sure if I would call it a horror film. In a way, I think that cheapens the film. Not to say that all horror films are cheap, but most modern day horror films do tend to have a stigma about them.

It's more of a revenge flick.
    Anyway, I liked the decription for it. It also had a good star rating. Also, I can never get enough of cool revenge flicks, so there's another reason I should enjoy it.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Queen the other night. Really was more interesting than I assumed it would be. Good insight into how the Royal family works (if the movie holds any truths, Prince Phillip is an ASSHOLE!!!)
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched several this weekend.

Music and Lyrics--it was great. I love Drew Barrymore and she was funny in this one. Obviously not something I would go out of my way to watch, but it was fun.

Apocolypto--Wonderful!! Fast paced ride with plenty of hard stuff for me but not too bloody for Dora. Man, that dude can take some punishment.

I loved the whole
    Spoiler:
    I am going to jump of a waterfall that is impossible for you to survive...don't try it. Then they do.

Letters from Iwo--Much better than Flags imo. Really shows the dark side of war in the way that we had to make the enemy look like monsters so we could fight and they were just scared boys. Great movie.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan19 View Post
    I thought 28 weeks later was pretty good. The coolest thing for me was the locations in London on the big screen. I walk across that bridge, where Cillian picks up all the money, all the time. And the tunnel they get chased through is down the road from me. Bloody thing, its murder at rush hour! I'd rather go through with the infected than the commuters!
    That's 28 days later, love.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan19 View Post
    I thought 28 weeks later was pretty good. The coolest thing for me was the locations in London on the big screen. I walk across that bridge, where Cillian picks up all the money, all the time. And the tunnel they get chased through is down the road from me. Bloody thing, its murder at rush hour! I'd rather go through with the infected than the commuters!
    That's 28 days later, love.
    Oh yeah!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I saw it with my brother and sister for my brother's birthday and my birthday. I like it. My brother almost threw up at the part where, as FP has mentioned a couple of times

Spoiler:
    the guy gouges his wife's eyes out with his thumbs.

Good stuff.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

i'm thinking of going to see it finally
    i just couldn't make myself go to the threatre
    with Shrek and Pirates opening like that
    i hate people

if Hannah liked it though
    i'm sure i will too
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I think you'll like it Tamez! I still have to see Grindhouse, w/ the zombies per your recommendation too.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I think you'll like it Tamez! I still have to see Grindhouse, w/ the zombies per your recommendation too.
    I love Grindhouse. Planet Terror was amazing, and Death Proof disappointed me a lot little.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

they're making a live action teen titans! movie!!!!

*does an extremely happy dance*

(unless it sucks)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A God of War and Castlevania movie are also in the works.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I saw a trailer for a movie called Enchanted. Anyone else seen this? Unless they showed all the good parts of the movie in the trailer, it should be really funny. I know me (and everyone else in the theatre) laughed really hard at the trailer. "Nobody stabs MY bus!"

claire danes...really?

regardless...i'm stoked.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    claire danes...really?

regardless...i'm stoked.
    The trailer for it, though I have alreadyy noticed a few changes from the book, makes me giddy like a schoolgirl.

And yeah, I like Claire Danes, but I didn't really see her as the star.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just hope 28 is better than the teaser they aired on TV.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When my family goes on camping trips we always tell made-up stories before falling to sleep. It was my turn last week when we went and I was out of ideas so I told a shortened version of Stardust. My family was all into it and thinking I was somekind of creative genius but then I had to fess up that it was a Neil Gaimen story.

Anyways, that was rambling and off topic. Can't wait to see the movie.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    When my family goes on camping trips we always tell made-up stories before falling to sleep. It was my turn last week when we went and I was out of ideas so I told a shortened version of Stardust. My family was all into it and thinking I was somekind of creative genius but then I had to fess up that it was a Neil Gaimen story.

Anyways, that was rambling and off topic. Can't wait to see the movie.
    hahaha. That's great. I didn't even know you had read it yet.

i saw the first trailer for it on something that we had recorded. i paused it and started screaming for drake to come in the room so that he could see.

i think he's going to love it.

(meanwhile, jeff was in the kitchen calling me a dork under his breath.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast