Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 267 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you all know that the virus will spread in a theater without your mask when you're not eating, but it won't spread without your mask when you are eating?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did you all know that the virus will spread in a theater without your mask when you're not eating, but it won't spread without your mask when you are eating?
    It's a tough choice and there is no 100% right answer. I've eaten in a few restaurants in the last couple of months sans mask and AFAIK, none of the places I've been have reported any positive cases.

But we've done such a half-ass job of closing, re-opening or in some cases not closing at all that at this point it's almost too late. We can't keep everything locked down forever. The economy would collapse. Even still, it seems like I'm reading about another business closing every single day because they simply can't survive on the limited amount of business they are getting. I'm not even sure movie theaters will survive after it's all said and done.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I wasn't trying to make a comment about masks in general, just in regard to movie theaters. It doesn't make sense to me that AMC is making customers wear a mask for the whole movie if you're not eating, but if you're eating a tub-o-popcorn for two hours, then you don't have to wear one. AMC is trying to avoid the no-mask backlash while still trying to turn a concession profit and it seems really slimy to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh, I wasn't trying to make a comment about masks in general, just in regard to movie theaters. It doesn't make sense to me that AMC is making customers wear a mask for the whole movie if you're not eating, but if you're eating a tub-o-popcorn for two hours, then you don't have to wear one. AMC is trying to avoid the no-mask backlash while still trying to turn a concession profit and it seems really slimy to me.
    If they don't sell any concessions, they don't make any money and there's no point in them re-opening. They make very little money on the admission prices.

It's no different than any restaurant that's opened up. Wear a mask from the door, to your table. Spend an hour eating with no mask. Then put it back on to walk to the door again.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Theaters are opening back up. How many films have you guys seen in a theater this year? It's 11 for me. That's crazy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

5. And one of those trips was the 4-movie Oscar marathon, so I've really only been twice in 2020.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only been to the theaters 3 times, and 2 of those were 1917. I'm not particularly hyped for Tenet, but I'll go see it because the movies. E
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Meanwhile, in my home "theater" ...

I've been working my way through Twin Peaks (for the first time), and watched Fire Walk with Me in preparation for Season 3. While I can totally understand why TP fans hated it at the time, I thought it was really solid. Not perfect, by any means, but I can see what Lynch was going for and he succeeded in that pretty well. Sheryl Lee pretty much carried the film, and did a fine job, although she was forced to change mood quite quickly in scenes, which sometimes didn't quite come off.

Going from a TV series to a film is always a tricky proposition, especially when you have a large cast of characters that the fans want to see on the screen. Lynch focused almost entirely on Laura Palmer's story, to the film's benefit. Much of the other cast shot scenes that were either reduced to a cameo or removed entirely, and that worked for me. Laura needed to have her story told firsthand, especially after being all but absent from the TV series.

As for Lynch's direction, I was captivated. Lynch isn't afraid to hold on his actors in a scene, taking the time to build a mood or let characters take their time to react. And sometimes he just makes his audience wait for somthing to happen, because he doesn't want to rush things. I liked it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the first time since March, I got to see a new movie outside of the house. I went to see Unhinged at the Drive-in. It was glorious. That film might as well have been Casablanca.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    For the first time since March, I got to see a new movie outside of the house. I went to see Unhinged at the Drive-in. It was glorious. That film might as well have been Casablanca.
    Was the movie that good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he meant that going out, to the drive in made it a greater experience than viewing from home.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think the last and only film I saw in the theater this year was Little Women, back in Jan. I did go to the drive-in back in July, and got to see the opening night of the Provincetown Film Festival. I wish there were more drive-ins around, as I'd really like to get back to one a few times before the weather gets bad, as I know there's no way I'll get back to the movie theater any time this year
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think he meant that going out, to the drive in made it a greater experience than viewing from home.
    Yeah, I should have clarified. The fact that it was the first new film I was seeing outside of the house really enhanced things for me.

That's being said, it's worth a watch regardless. I had some issues with the main character and the logic of some of her choices, but it's enjoyable for what it is. If the world was normal, it's not something I would have gone out of my way to see in a theater.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Meanwhile, in my home "theater" ...

I've been working my way through Twin Peaks (for the first time), and watched Fire Walk with Me in preparation for Season 3. While I can totally understand why TP fans hated it at the time, I thought it was really solid. Not perfect, by any means, but I can see what Lynch was going for and he succeeded in that pretty well. Sheryl Lee pretty much carried the film, and did a fine job, although she was forced to change mood quite quickly in scenes, which sometimes didn't quite come off.

Going from a TV series to a film is always a tricky proposition, especially when you have a large cast of characters that the fans want to see on the screen. Lynch focused almost entirely on Laura Palmer's story, to the film's benefit. Much of the other cast shot scenes that were either reduced to a cameo or removed entirely, and that worked for me. Laura needed to have her story told firsthand, especially after being all but absent from the TV series.

As for Lynch's direction, I was captivated. Lynch isn't afraid to hold on his actors in a scene, taking the time to build a mood or let characters take their time to react. And sometimes he just makes his audience wait for somthing to happen, because he doesn't want to rush things. I liked it.

HBJ
    I really liked Fire Walk With Me but the few I have suggested it to hated it. Glad to see someone else enjoyed it. It is definitely a different tone from the first two seasons.

Be ready for something entirely different for season three.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

I really liked Fire Walk With Me but the few I have suggested it to hated it. Glad to see someone else enjoyed it. It is definitely a different tone from the first two seasons.

Be ready for something entirely different for season three.
    I'm two episodes in and I'm already really liking it. It is different, and I have no idea where it's going yet, but I'm completely hooked. And Kyle Maclaughlan is fantastic.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So apparently movie theaters are now open in New Jersey. Not sure if I'm comfortable with that yet. Would love to see Tenet in IMAX but...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    So apparently movie theaters are now open in New Jersey. Not sure if I'm comfortable with that yet. Would love to see Tenet in IMAX but...

Go. Just wear your mask. Don’t touch your face... and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as you go to a theater where you can preselect your seat, you can feel more comfortable being able to see that there is nobody around you. Just find a time that is going to have less people there. Stay away from the weekends.

I saw Tenet at a 5 o'clock showing at an AMC. There was nobody within 40 feet of me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was already finding it hard to keep going to theaters before the pandemic broke out. Over the last year or so I've noticed more and more ignorant people talking as if they are at home and the theaters just dropping the ball in all categories. Movies don't start or freeze after the previews, audio but no video, video but no audio, poorly lit screens, the film not framed correctly so a chunk of it is to low or too high off the screen, out of focus, selling me tickets to times that later just disappear...I'd rather just wait and watch at home for most movies. The only reason I kept going was because AMC's pass was a really good deal if you saw enough movies per month.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    I was already finding it hard to keep going to theaters before the pandemic broke out. Over the last year or so I've noticed more and more ignorant people talking as if they are at home and the theaters just dropping the ball in all categories. Movies don't start or freeze after the previews, audio but no video, video but no audio, poorly lit screens, the film not framed correctly so a chunk of it is to low or too high off the screen, out of focus, selling me tickets to times that later just disappear...I'd rather just wait and watch at home.
    Ouch. That really stinks.

In regards to rude people, I only go at odd times. Never the weekends or Fridays. Actually, scratch that. The first showing on a Sunday is always good. Usually an older, more respectful crowd.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fridays at 10am usually avoid the bullshit people. I love reserved seating. I can arrive 10-15 minutes after start time and avoid the previews. Th only time I get to my seat on time is for art house movies, as the previews tip me off to movies I might have missed otherwise.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was already finding it hard to keep going to theaters before the pandemic broke out. Over the last year or so I've noticed more and more ignorant people talking as if they are at home and the theaters just dropping the ball in all categories. Movies don't start or freeze after the previews, audio but no video, video but no audio, poorly lit screens, the film not framed correctly so a chunk of it is to low or too high off the screen, out of focus, selling me tickets to times that later just disappear...I'd rather just wait and watch at home.

In regards to rude people, I only go at odd times. Never the weekends or Fridays. Actually, scratch that. The first showing on a Sunday is always good. Usually an older, more respectful crowd.
    I actually had two people talking loudly during the Fred Rogers documentary Won't You Be My Neighbor?. Just carrying on as if they were at home watching it on tv. I was just at a point where I was seriously considering throwing my shoe at them and the film showed a scene of him talking about what you do with the mad that you feel and how you're the one in control of your feelings and I was like, "Thanks, Mister Rogers. I needed to hear that right now." lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually had two people talking loudly during the Fred Rogers documentary Won't You Be My Neighbor?. Just carrying on as if they were at home watching it on tv. I was just at a point where I was seriously considering throwing my shoe at them and the film showed a scene of him talking about what you do with the mad that you feel and how you're the one in control of your feelings and I was like, "Thanks, Mister Rogers. I needed to hear that right now." lol
    That's hilarious!

Only Mr. Rogers could have that kind of impact at that exact moment.

Country
    Country Flag

I was seriously considering throwing my shoe at them and the film showed a scene of him talking about what you do with the mad that you feel and how you're the one in control of your feelings and I was like, "Thanks, Mister Rogers. I needed to hear that right now." lol
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 267 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 ... LastLast