Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 267 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new jungle book is great, sorry Pablo can't stand problem child!!! Horton hears a hoo is good!
    Anyone remember a film called"dream a little dream of me" Cory Feldman, it had a great soundtrack...

Edit; or was it just dream a little dream???

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, Problem Child. Or as I liked to think of it, "The Adventures of Little Shit." Man, that kid was a ****.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

He would be on multiple medications these days...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Shannon, how about:
    Short Circuit
    *batteries not included
    Monster Squad
    Tomorrowland

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rose and I watch a lot of movies together. Don't get me wrong, she only watches a movie or an episode or two of a TV show a day, but it's constant. Anyway, so we're watching Howl's Moving Castle last night (dubbed, of course --FYI, Christian Bale is the voice of Howl) and she loved it. It occurs to me just HOW MUCH she's seen. She has a ridiculous education in not just kid-cinema, but family-cinema as well. From Lion King to Goonies, from ET to Toy Story. We've seen Life of Pi, all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Charlotte's Web, Avengers, Brother Bear, Jurassic Park, and all six Ninja Turtles movies (and we just started the second season of the 2012 TV show, which is actually really good by the way). And so on and so on.

The point I'm getting to is, have there been any movies I've missed? So, going through lists of "must-see kid's movies" brings me to the ones I've left out, and which I'm downloading now:

Babe
    Beethoven
    Home Alone
    Paddington
    Land Before Time
    The Red Balloon

I'm waiting on It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and a Christmas Story until Christmas time.

The only movie that we've started that she had ZERO interest in was Harry Potter. A little crushed by that one, but maybe she was tired. I'll give it another try in a few months. Are there any movies that you were excited to show your kids (or significant other, or friends) that they just weren't into?
    This is what good parenting looks like.

I'm not sure her age or if her taste will line up with that of an 80's boy, but I'll just list a few that I loved as a kid:

Gremlins - Hopefully she doesn't find it scary.
    Uncle Buck
    Princess Bride
    Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
    Adventures in Babysitting
    Project X
    Three Fugitives

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Hey Shannon, how about:
    Short Circuit
    *batteries not included
    Monster Squad
    Tomorrowland
    I second Monster Squad. A forgotten gem.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never understood why it was always labeled as one of the worst movies ever made, cause I like it, it fun: Howard the Duck!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm not sure her age or if her taste will line up with that of an 80's boy, but I'll just list a few that I loved as a kid:

Uncle Buck
    Princess Bride
    Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
    Project X
    Three Fugitives
    I was going to ask why you included an "R" rated movie from 2012 in your list of 80's family movies until I looked it up and realized that there are two movies with that name.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Uncle Buck
    Princess Bride
    Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
    Project X
    Three Fugitives
    I was going to ask why you included an "R" rated movie from 2012 in your list of 80's family movies until I looked it up and realized that there are two movies with that name.

Good point. I should have specified. That could have been bad.

Anyway, I love the Matthew Broderick and Helen Hunt film about rescuing chimps.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose has seen Book of Life, Labyrinth, Neverending Story, Rango, Peanuts Movie, The Jungle Book, Horton Hears A Hoo, Gremlins, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I've never heard of/seen Adventures in Babysitting, Project X (the one you're talking about), Three Fugitives, Digby, Bugsy Malone, Three Amigos

Legend would be too scary (the makeup effects and Hell scenes alone are enough to scare adults, lol), Back to the Future is about time travel and nostalgia, wouldn't understand the main concepts, the main kid from Problem Child was a fucking douchebag, Tomorrowland might be pretty to look at, but she might not "get" the plot. Started Star Wars (episode four, of course) but got about ten minutes into it before it was dinner time. That'll be the first movie we watch when I pick her up on Sunday. Never seen Uncle Buck, but from the trailer it looks more dialogue-based humor, jokes a three year old wouldn't get, might not be into it.

After the Uncle Buck trailer, the trailer for the Great Outdoors played, another John Candy movie I've never seen. It looks good, downloading now (for me, not Rose, lol)

Indiana Jones, Short Circuit, Drop Dead Fred, Batteries Not Included, Princess Bride, and especially Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Monster Squad are damn good recommendations! Downloading now.

Oh, and by the way, she loved Beethoven. The next day she asked to watch it again, lol.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and by the way, she loved Beethoven. The next day she asked to watch it again, lol.
    Luckily for you guys there's eight of them!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would obviously also go with every animated Disney, Pixar, and most Ghibli films (not Grave of the Fireflies, I first saw that when I was 20 or so and it made me cry) :

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I would obviously also go with every animated Disney, Pixar, and most Ghibli films (not Grave of the Fireflies, I first saw that when I was 20 or so and it made me cry) :
    Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest movie I've ever seen. I saw it when I was 30 and it nearly made me cry. Maybe if I saw it at 20 I would have balled my eyes out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cell was so so... 6/10...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

After the Uncle Buck trailer, the trailer for the Great Outdoors played, another John Candy movie I've never seen. It looks good, downloading now (for me, not Rose, lol)
    Love The Great Outdoors. Uncle Buck was good as well, but my favorite is Summer Rental. Me and my sister used to watch that one all the time. Another good one similar in style to those but with Chevy Chase instead is Funny Farm.

Did she watch Song of the Sea yet? Curious to know if she enjoyed it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"... also go with every animated Disney, Pixar, and most Ghibli films ..."

Duh!

Haven't seen Song of the Sea yet.

And I LOVE depressing, sad movies. Grave of the Fireflies you say?

"... also go with every animated Disney, Pixar, and most Ghibli films ..."

Duh!

Haven't seen Song of the Sea yet.

And I LOVE depressing, sad movies. Grave of the Fireflies you say?
    It is sad but not depressing.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My girls love Beethoven, from a very young age still today! They adore dogs...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose has seen Book of Life, Labyrinth, Neverending Story, Rango, Peanuts Movie, The Jungle Book, Horton Hears A Hoo, Gremlins, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I've never heard of/seen Adventures in Babysitting, Project X (the one you're talking about), Three Fugitives, Digby, Bugsy Malone, Three Amigos

Legend would be too scary (the makeup effects and Hell scenes alone are enough to scare adults, lol), Back to the Future is about time travel and nostalgia, wouldn't understand the main concepts, the main kid from Problem Child was a fucking douchebag, Tomorrowland might be pretty to look at, but she might not "get" the plot. Started Star Wars (episode four, of course) but got about ten minutes into it before it was dinner time. That'll be the first movie we watch when I pick her up on Sunday. Never seen Uncle Buck, but from the trailer it looks more dialogue-based humor, jokes a three year old wouldn't get, might not be into it.

Indiana Jones, Short Circuit, Drop Dead Fred, Batteries Not Included, Princess Bride, and especially Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Monster Squad are damn good recommendations! Downloading now.

A few of the ones I mentioned are for when she gets older. You're right, movies like Uncle Buck are for a 3 year old. Then again, parts of Princess Bride might really freak her out. She didn't have any problems with Gremlins? If she was cool with that, then she should be fine.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think ill wait on Princess Bride as well. Not because its scary but because its mainly a love story without too many fantastical elements to it.

I taught her from a young age that movies are pretend people in costume, and while some are scary, its just like Halloween.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think ill wait on Princess Bride as well. Not because its scary but because its mainly a love story without too many fantastical elements to it.

I taught her from a young age that movies are pretend people in costume, and while some are scary, its just like Halloween.
    Yeah, that's a great way of putting it. I knew from a young age as well that it was make believe.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

A few years ago my niece was watching Frankenweenie (she must have been around 3 at the time), and my sister must have made some comment about it being scary, and she said don't worry mom it's just a movie, it's just make believe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    A few years ago my niece was watching Frankenweenie (she must have been around 3 at the time), and my sister must have made some comment about it being scary, and she said don't worry mom it's just a movie, it's just make believe.
    That's awesome! Can she tell that to my mom? She gets way too worked up about some movies. I'm like it's just a movie, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's awesome! Can she tell that to my mom? She gets way too worked up about some movies. I'm like it's just a movie, calm down.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm just gonna leave this here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 267 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 ... LastLast