Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 267 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just checked movie times for this weekend and It Follows is opening at my regular theater! I also just saw a commercial for it on TV, so I think it might be expanding wide this Friday.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just checked and I think its playing by me too! Now I just have to convince my boyfriend to go

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just checked movie times for this weekend and It Follows is opening at my regular theater! I also just saw a commercial for it on TV, so I think it might be expanding wide this Friday.
    Perfect timing! I just came here to mention that I just saw the first TV spot for It Follows. This means we should be seeing it open wide soon. Of course the ad says "now playing."

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Check your local listings for this weekend Mike. I saw that it's playing in Hartford, so I bet it'll open closer to you as well.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is indeed playing in my town. Unfortunately, I'm in Rhode Island this weekend and nobody wants to see It Follows.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finally watched Frozen last night. Pretty good Disney film. I liked how it had a couple of little subversions of the usual Disney formula. Not my favourite Disney movie (The Lion King is still definitely my fav), but pretty good. Watched it back to back with Filth, which Kayleigh watched for the first time and really enjoyed it (like me, she has a fucked up sense of humour, so that helps). Me and my best mate have been discussing watching the movies together for the past year, as a kind of film exchange, and we finally found some time to watch them both over snacks and drinks (speaking of which, had hot chocolate and marshmallows for the first time last night, and good god, was it amazing!). Good time. Might have to try another film exchange sometime.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    had hot chocolate and marshmallows for the first time last night, and good god, was it amazing!).
    Welcome to 2015, James. We have hot chocolate with marshmallows, and remote controlled televisions!

Me and my friend also try to have movie night every few months. We usually watch 3 and pig out on junk. It's the best.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

had hot chocolate and marshmallows for the first time last night, and good god, was it amazing!).
    Welcome to 2015, James. We have hot chocolate with marshmallows, and remote controlled televisions!
    What can I say? Had hot chocolate plenty of times, same with marshmallows, but it was the first time either of us thought to try them together, though we know it's a popular combo. I can definitely see the hype now.

Movie nights are great. Hope to find the time to do another one again eventually, but considering she's a married mother and all that time-consuming stuff like responsibilities, it probably won't be anytime soon.

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I know, never trying hot chocolate and marshmallows before is like never trying buttered crumpets, but hey, at least I know what it's like now!

I also got to ask Kayleigh something I've been dying to ask for ages, but never had the opportunity to until then:

Spoiler:

(Seriously, it's shocking the amount of junk food we got through that night.)

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Interstellar back to back nights, Sunday and Monday. I love and appreciate it even more now that I can focus on the smaller details.

What a beautiful film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I watched Interstellar back to back nights, Sunday and Monday. I love and appreciate it even more now that I can focus on the smaller details.

What a beautiful film.
    I feel the same way after watching Interstellar again.

Like I've said before, I think this film is going to grow on its detractors as the years go by. I truly do. There's so much going on in that film. It really does benefit from multiple viewings.

I can't wait to watch the extras.

Do you guys think I would like it?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you guys. What an AMAZING film on so many levels. I am watching it again myself as I have heard too many people say to do so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes.

It's occasionally hokey and full of Nolanisms like sumptuous exposition, but it is his most personal film to date and functions well as a meditation of our future with blockbuster trappings.

I'll add it to my list. I've got a few other films to watch first, but I'll try to get to it soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gosh, that's what my sister asked me. She hates Sci-fi stuff, but wanted to watch it anyway.

I watched it with both my mom and sister and they both enjoyed the film. For what it's worth, they both had problems with the ending. My sister is a very logical person when it comes to movies and needs to have everything explained and all the dots have to be connected.

In short, yes, I think you will like it, but that's a weak "yes" from me.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not as good as Inception. In at least two ways, it's a captivating film, but those don't really mesh.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Gosh, that's what my sister asked me. She hates Sci-fi stuff, but wanted to watch it anyway.

I watched it with both my mom and sister and they both enjoyed the film. For what it's worth, they both had problems with the ending. My sister is a very logical person when it comes to movies and needs to have everything explained and all the dots have to be connected.

Heather watched Terminator 2 at my behest and she texted me to tell me that she liked it, and she even cited specific scenes. I don't think science fiction will be too strong a deterrent for her.

In short: #IBelieve

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    It's not as good as Inception. In at least two ways, it's a captivating film, but those don't really mesh.
    I think Inception is a more tightly woven film, but Interstellar is less... cold. The relationship between Cooper and Murph evokes a much stronger response than Cobb and his kids, who are virtually just Macguffins.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Heather watched Terminator 2 at my behest and she texted me to tell me that she liked it, and she even cited specific scenes. I don't think science fiction will be too strong a deterrent for her.

In short: #IBelieve
    You're putting the pressure on now

And if there's an open ending, which I think you might be referring to? I'd be ok with that if it works for the story. Most times I prefer that than be explained every little thing. It lets you fill in the blanks, and come up with your own interpretations of what's going on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And if there's an open ending, which I think you might be referring to? I'd be ok with that if it works for the story.
    Yeah... that's what I was referring to.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I think Inception is a more tightly woven film, but Interstellar is less... cold. The relationship between Cooper and Murph evokes a much stronger response than Cobb and his kids, who are virtually just Macguffins.
    That's the third way that came to mind, but I don't really think that much of it. Like Nolan has now proven that, on top of all the things that he does better than anybody else as a director, he can also depict warm relations half as well as half of Hollywood's other big directors when he really wants to.

kk... cool, then, I guess.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking of posting that, pablo. I didn't realize how dark-toned the movie was until I watched the video. I prefer the retouched footage.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 267 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 ... LastLast