Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 267 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Excellent, precisely the two people I was hoping would respond to this - I haven't seen a Lars Von Trier film, but I've heard most of them are ... unique in their own way. Where should I start ?
    You know the only one I've actually seen is Dancer in the Dark. I've been meaning to watch Antichrist forever now. And I've had the second Kingdom for ages but keep forgetting about it. Jean is it necessary to watch the first one first? I think I've seen bits and pieces but never the whole thing.
    Frankly, I think if you've seen bits and pieces, you've seen it all. As far as Antichrist is concerned, don't expect too much, it's an absolute cinematographic gem, but the visuals are all there is to it, I am afraid. Generally speaking, he is alright when not taken too seriously. I would recommend both Dogville and Idioterne.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Lars von Trier is awesome. Melancholia looks intense. Thanks, feev!
    BTW, what do you think of this new Batman trailer?
    http://batman-trailer.com/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tarantino's Western Moving Fast
    Script complete, title revealed, s#!t gets real.
    May 2, 2011

We've known Quentin Tarantino had a Western working its way out of him, and now it looks like the project is about to start moving with Inglourious Basterds-like speed.

A couple of days ago, someone called @AgentTrainee tweeted out the following image:

It apparently is the cover page to the film's script, including the title Django Unchained. (That tweet has since disappeared, by the way.) The Wrap subsequently confirmed that Tarantino has in fact completed the script and that Christoph Waltz is expected to take on a lead role. Waltz of course won an Oscar for his turn as a Nazi in Inglourious Basterds, though The Wrap says he will play "something like a good guy" in Django Unchained: "Waltz's character helps a former slave rescue his wife from a plantation owner."

The speculation is that the film will be connected in some way to Django, the 1966 Italian Western directed by Sergio Corbucci and starring Franco Nero as the title gunslinger. That film inspired many clones in the years that followed.

Deadline adds that the project is moving fast and "casting up quickly to begin production later this year."

Source.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tarantino's Western Moving Fast
    Script complete, title revealed, s#!t gets real.
    May 2, 2011

We've known Quentin Tarantino had a Western working its way out of him, and now it looks like the project is about to start moving with Inglourious Basterds-like speed.

A couple of days ago, someone called @AgentTrainee tweeted out the following image:

It apparently is the cover page to the film's script, including the title Django Unchained. (That tweet has since disappeared, by the way.) The Wrap subsequently confirmed that Tarantino has in fact completed the script and that Christoph Waltz is expected to take on a lead role. Waltz of course won an Oscar for his turn as a Nazi in Inglourious Basterds, though The Wrap says he will play "something like a good guy" in Django Unchained: "Waltz's character helps a former slave rescue his wife from a plantation owner."

The speculation is that the film will be connected in some way to Django, the 1966 Italian Western directed by Sergio Corbucci and starring Franco Nero as the title gunslinger. That film inspired many clones in the years that followed.

Deadline adds that the project is moving fast and "casting up quickly to begin production later this year."

Source.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Any news of a new Tarantino film gets me excited!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^

Hellz yeah. Quentin Tarantino and a Western. Well, butter mai butt and call me a bisquit
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tarantino's work in general is influenced heavily by Westerns, so it will be interesting to see what he's able to bring to the genre. I'm expecting quirky characters with whimsical traits against the rough canvas of the sandbaked desert. Visually it should be incredible too. I can't wait.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^not to mention hillarious dialogue. I mean the whole scene in the beginning of Reservoir Dogs where they are talking about the meaning of Madonna's song "Like a Virgin."? Hilarity
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

has anyone seen Triangle? I was going to watch it tonight but I need to know how scary it is because I may possibly watch it in the daytime instead

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if we are talking about one and the same Triangle, it is very beautiful, cinematographically, but I can't say whether or not it is scary, since I watched only about one half, fell asleep and haven't come back to it since lest I should fall asleep again - not because it was boring, but because I've been so exhausted lately that there are very few films I still can watch and remain awake.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't heard of it. Is it a foreign film ? I'll IMDB it shortly.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It has 3 good points. lol; I haven't heard of it, either.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's billed as a British horror even though it's filmed in Australia and the lead actress, Melissa George is an Aussie and everyone else is American. I didn't think it qualified as a horror either, maybe thriller would be better suited.
    The concept was a good one, but I found it predictable verging on dull.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Has anybody seen the poster for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the teaser trailer a few days ago when I went to watch First Class, it's a flurry of quick cuts accompanied by Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. I'm still in the believe that an American remake is completely unnecessary, but Fincher is one of my favorite directors so I'll give it a shot.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Super 8 tonight. Thought the resolution was a bit hokey but I liked the movie.
    In Digitized Remorse

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went to see Super 8 today as an early birthday celebration. It was fantastic. I'll post a review in the Rate thread a little later.

I forgot how refreshing it is to leave a movie and not feel disappointed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I liked it too! It was very entertaining and fun. The only complaint I had was with the ending, which was cheese city, but I thought the rest of the movie more than made up for that.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, personally I loved the ending. Especially the

Spoiler:
    bit where Joe let's go of his mother's pendant. It was a very simple but very powerful gesture. Apparently Abrams loves exploring the theme of being able to let go.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

you're just like Aaron! He'll defend anything Abrams does until his last breath, I swear. I brought up the thing at the end in your spoiler quotes and how I thought it was cheesy to Aaron, and I swear he said the exact same thing you just said.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I don't know, personally I loved the ending. Especially the

Spoiler:
    bit where Joe let's go of his mother's pendant. It was a very simple but very powerful gesture. Apparently Abrams loves exploring the theme of being able to let go.
    I loved that bit, too. Reminded me of the LOST finale and a certain scene in Up. Really, really well done.

ANNDD...I had no idea Giacchino composed it! Throughout the film I was thinking, man, the scoring is fantastic, but didn't realize it was him until the credits. Should have known; alot of it was reminiscent of LOST. Needless to say, it was fantastic.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuuuuhhh I want to see Super 8 so bad but literally none of my friends want to see it. Every time I bring it up everyone always wants to see another movie that isn't Super 8. Is going to the movies alone super weird? I might have to.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

Psssh. You crazy? Going to the movies by yourself is amazing. I do it all the time. No one to be talking next to you the whole time, you sit anywhere you want, and don't have to worry about anyone else. It's amazing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well then. Problem solved
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

See? I'm a well of infinite wisdom.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 267 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast