Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 267 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

About this Spiderman reboot, what are people thinking? Spiderman 3 killed it in theaters. People genuinely liked it, even though I felt it dragged a bit at times. What is the point of this reboot? Isn't this kind of thing reserved for movies that sucked? Not only that but they may be dropping Mary Jane from the new Spiderman movie, which just doesn't make sense to me.

The reason I'm most mad is because they just introduced Venom in the last one, who is amazing, and it opened up the door for Carnage.... Now how long am I going to have to wait for these villains to reappear?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Um, I don't know what planet you've been on; most people totally hated Spider-Man 3.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the hate for Spider Man 3 is impressive. I'm not gonna lie, I loved the film, but it's easily the weakest of the trilogy.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yeah, the hate for Spider Man 3 is impressive. I'm not gonna lie, I loved the film, but it's easily the weakest of the trilogy.
    I didn't like how it dragged in the middle when Peter was all getting egotistical, but I loved the whole venom thing... was looking forward to him being the next big villain.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? The whole thing? Venom could have been done better...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Really? The whole thing? Venom could have been done better...
    His face looked off. It was too round.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not liking all this Spiderman 3 love, feev.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spiderman 3 is awful. Best part was what is now referrred to as 'emo spiderman'. People didn't get that sequence obviously.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The stunts in that bar were fun to watch. The sequence as a whole was probably too similar to fits he'd thrown in earlier chapters.
    (Not to say that it wasn't effective then. Just repetitive in part 3.)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spiderman 3 was so awful they had to relaunch the series already.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Spiderman 3, but I barely remember any of it. Which isn't a good thing, I suppose.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I trade places with you? See I got this photographic memory and...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

They rebooted it so they don't have to keep trying to convince the original cast to come back.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I saw Spiderman 3, but I barely remember any of it. Which isn't a good thing, I suppose.
    I was just thinking the same thing, i know i have seen it. But i am looking all the comments and going..... Venom? who that then???

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    They rebooted it so they don't have to keep trying to convince the original cast to come back.
    Maybe its time for a complete clean sweep and start again. Personally i think they should leave it a few more years, there are other heroes out there after all

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

And anyway, do we have to have so many endless franchise series? I know my heart would not be broken if we did not get any more Spider-Man movies to go with the ones that already exist.

(BTW, all you guys spelling it that way keeps reminding me of the joke once made on Friends where they pronounced it with a Jewish accent. "Oh, Mr. Spiderman! So good to see you." lol )

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

So bad it was good

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    And anyway, do we have to have so many endless franchise series? I know my heart would not be broken if we did not get any more Spider-Man movies to go with the ones that already exist.

(BTW, all you guys spelling it that way keeps reminding me of the joke once made on Friends where they pronounced it with a Jewish accent. "Oh, Mr. Spiderman! So good to see you." lol )
    I love franchise series. I like them on many levels. I like watching TV shows that have many seasons to them. I like book series that go on and on as well, and I wish there were more movies series out there that I liked. I think it's because I like attachment to characters, and just 'knowing' them for a two hour movie makes it hard for me to feel invested in them.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got done watching La Bamba and now I'm depressed. Poor, poor Ritchie Valens.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love La Bamba. My only gripe is that I wish they had gotten a real Mexican-American to play Ritchie, but Philips still did a great job.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a great movie. I had no idea he died so young. I mean, I knew he was young, but I thought he was in his early 20's or so, not 17. I also had no idea he'd only been famous for a couple months before it happened. So so tragic.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I love La Bamba. My only gripe is that I wish they had gotten a real Mexican-American to play Ritchie, but Philips still did a great job.
    Well LDP is Filipino so...

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Gran Turino last night.

It was ok, i admit i zoned out half way through but the ending brought me right back. I am unsure if it is a cultural thing, but for me Harry Brown was a much stronger film. I have lived with the gangs that were potrayed in HB, and the grittiness and depression of that film stayed with me a long long time after i had watched it
    whereas GT seemed beyond my immediate knowledge, and so therefore still seemed that in belonged in the realms of the Hollywood film, i am sure that someone here will disagree with me and tell me that is it very realistic (as i said it comes to cultural differences)

what i liked (and that really is the wrong word, i should say what struck me) with HB was the sheer hopelessness that HB felt, the size of the problems that he had to overcome and the depressive state of the estate that he lived on

whereas with GT, i didnt feel that - it was still a Clint Eastwood film, and the whole 'i have a gun pointed in your face wiseass' ooo look clint eastwood is still a badass.

BUT....... the ending
    Spoiler:
    was way above my expectations and i can honestly say it blew me away, i was fully expecting the whole 'clint eastwood is a badass' to carry through, so when he sacrificed himself so that those two kids could have a better life, well i must say i nearly welled up

it was this ending that lifted the film from mediocre to wonderful.

btw in other news - hubbi just started reading the Dark tower and mentioned during the film that Clint eastwood would make a good roland

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I watched Gran Turino last night.

It was ok, i admit i zoned out half way through but the ending brought me right back. I am unsure if it is a cultural thing, but for me Harry Brown was a much stronger film. I have lived with the gangs that were potrayed in HB, and the grittiness and depression of that film stayed with me a long long time after i had watched it
    whereas GT seemed beyond my immediate knowledge, and so therefore still seemed that in belonged in the realms of the Hollywood film, i am sure that someone here will disagree with me and tell me that is it very realistic (as i said it comes to cultural differences)

what i liked (and that really is the wrong word, i should say what struck me) with HB was the sheer hopelessness that HB felt, the size of the problems that he had to overcome and the depressive state of the estate that he lived on

whereas with GT, i didnt feel that - it was still a Clint Eastwood film, and the whole 'i have a gun pointed in your face wiseass' ooo look clint eastwood is still a badass.

BUT....... the ending
    Spoiler:
    was way above my expectations and i can honestly say it blew me away, i was fully expecting the whole 'clint eastwood is a badass' to carry through, so when he sacrificed himself so that those two kids could have a better life, well i must say i nearly welled up

it was this ending that lifted the film from mediocre to wonderful.

btw in other news - hubbi just started reading the Dark tower and mentioned during the film that Clint eastwood would make a good roland
    I liked that movie a lot.
    Spoiler:
    I liked how he gave that kid his car too.

I agree with the Clint Eastwood thing and Roland, I've stated it several times in the thread about who would play who in DT movie. And it's mainly because King stated I think that he based Roland (or Gunlingers) on Clint Eastwood in The Good The Bad and The Ugly. However, I think through out the book series you get a Roland at different ages, and I think Eastwood would be a great Roland at the ending of the story. 2cents.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Gah, can't wait:

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer for Red Riding Hood looks super good.

Last edited by haunted.lunchbox; 11-17-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Trying to embed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 267 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast