Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 267 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My co worker was just talking to me about it, and he said it's a really fun movie. I've also read very positive reviews about it.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I recently watched Wall Street for the first time in oh, about 10 years... I forgot how much I enjoyed that movie!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just lent In The Bedroom
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Tom Wilkinson is very good. I'm not, nor have I ever been, a big fan of Sissy Spacek, however.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny she's been in a lot of movies I've watched recently. JFK and Affliction (which she was great in) but I don't really have much of an opinion. She's good but I wouldn't say she's great.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eagan View Post
    I was just lent In The Bedroom
    That's a good film. I love Marisa Tomei though, so it was inevitable I would like In the Bedroom.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Gay

Funny she's been in a lot of movies I've watched recently. JFK and Affliction (which she was great in) but I don't really have much of an opinion. She's good but I wouldn't say she's great.

re: Sissy Spacek - I find her a lot more tolerable when she's not the lead. In JFK, for instance.

However, when she's expected to carry a movie as it's featured actress, I get a real kind of wishy-washy feeling from her.

Even her Oscar winning performance in Coal Miner's Daughter... When she won, I was like, hunh? I mean, it was more like mimicry than acting.

Thing is, in my head, if I can name more movies I think she stunk in, than she was good in, then I almost can't be bothered. I feel the same way about Diane Lane.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Who are your favourite actresses? I like Frances McDormand, Nicole Kidman, Sally Field, Hope Davis, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryll Streep, Emily Watson, Laura Linney, Maricia Gay Harden, Charlize Theron and Naomi Watts. Others of course too, but these are my favourites. No particular order.

I dislike Julia Roberts. She is good in some movies but frankly she just annoys me.

My Mood
    Gay

Who are your favourite actresses? I like Frances McDormand, Nicole Kidman, Sally Field, Hope Davis, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryll Streep, Emily Watson, Laura Linney, Maricia Gay Harden, Charlize Theron and Naomi Watts. Others of course too, but these are my favourites. No particular order.

I dislike Julia Roberts. She is good in some movies but frankly she just annoys me.
    Oh, gosh, I'm not sure you want to get me started here! Um, you probably don't want my list. I tend to be a real movie snob sometimes. I would have to list Angelina Jolie and I know a lot of folks can't stand her, but she's good and can handle almost any of role ( action, drama, comedy ).

I do love Frances McDormand, who you listed. Ultimately, Katharine Hepburn might be my all time favorite. Meryl Streep is really hit or miss with me ( for instance, I thought she was great in Silkwood, Doubt and even the River Wild, and then she's also horrible in crap like Mamma Mia and Heartburn) - granted, more good stuff than bad, but still a lot of bad.

With your list here - I think Nicole Kidman is hugely over-rated. Ditto with Sally Field, though she has had some excellent performances, most noted for me was her Oscar winning role in Places Of The Heart. I thought she was barely tolerable in Norma Rae though, and figure they gave her the Oscar because she sweated on screen. Marcia Gay Harden is rocking awesome, in just about any part ( including her guest roles on SVU ).

Some of my contemporary favorites would have to include : Emma Thompson ( Howard's End and Remains Of The Day ), Natalie Portman - who I feel is very under-rated as an actress, Julianna Moore - in anything, Patricia Clarkson - in anything, Jodie Foster ( though she's made some total crap, too ), Michelle Pheiffer ( though again, some crap there, too ).

There are a lot of others, of course.

I have seen some amazing work from Kate Winslet ... so long as I keep telling myself that wasn't her in Titanic.

I'm not a Julia Roberts fan either - but I did think she was great in Erin Brockovich and feel she deserved her Oscar there.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I really like others you mentioned as well. Winslet, Portman and Moore are all really good. Have you ever seen Far From Heaven with Julianne Moore? It's excellent.

I love Sally Field because she is EXCELLENT comedically. I have a tremendous respect for actors that can do both drama and comedy incredibly well. One reason I love Frances McDormand.

I'm also a big fan of Dianne Wiest. Catherine Keener as well. Monica Belluci, Maria Bello, Gwenyth Paltrow and I can't believe I forgto Hilary Swank. Michelle Pheiffer is great, my favourite role of hers is White Oleandor. Alison Lohman is also great.

As for Angelina Jolie, she was once a draw for me but since hasn't. I thought her career went downhill when she made Tomb Raider. I still want to see Changling though, I'm sure Eastwood made her look good. Jodie Foster....not much opinion of her. Hit and miss. Ugh, Flightplan.

My Mood
    Gay

Far From Heaven was sublime. I love Todd Haynes.

Keener is awesome, nice pick there. Love her. Hilary Swank - very hit or miss. I mean, when she hits - its an Oscar, when she misses - it's PS I Love You. :shudders:

Can you name me one good comedy Sally Field has been in ... all I can think of is Soap Dish... and it wasn't all that good.

Angelina Jolie - I've seen every movie she's been in and honestly, even if the movie is crap, she brings it up. Changling is a great movie, Eastwood directs women very well, and that film is no exception. He did not "make her look good" - he brought out a great performance from her. Big difference. A Mighty Heart is an amazing performance as well. And Mr and Mrs Smith was good fun and she was great in it. She's done a lot of good work and I think people just tend to think of her as an "action" star. All those movies I listed were after Tomb Raider.

I'm with you Jodie. Her more current roles have been lacking. Like anything after Silence of the Lambs, practically. I hated Flightplan, and honestly ( bring on the flames you Fincher fans ) Panic Room was for crap, in my opinion.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of over Angelina Jolie myself. I actually loved her in Tomb Raider, I'm just kind of bored with her I guess.

I really like Tilda Swinton, she's super creepy.

Mila Kunis is a great up an coming actress. I look forward to seeing her in the future.

Laura Vandervoort is another I would like to see more.

Helena Bonham Carter is also one of the best.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Tilda Swinton. She's super creepy, but in a ridiculously attractive way

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    I love Tilda Swinton. She's super creepy, but in a ridiculously attractive way
    Exactly. She was incredibly sexy as the villain in Narnia, and when she played Gabriel in Constantine. She is kind of androgynous looking, but still sexy.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Can you name me one good comedy Sally Field has been in ... all I can think of is Soap Dish... and it wasn't all that good.
    Say It Isn't So she was great in. She worked amazing well off Richard Jenkins. Then there was Homeward Bound she did a great job voicing. I think she's great in what I've seen of Brothers and Sisters. Mrs. Doubtfire though she wasn't very comedic in it. Two Weeks wasn't bad.

Angelina Jolie - I've seen every movie she's been in and honestly, even if the movie is crap, she brings it up. Changling is a great movie, Eastwood directs women very well, and that film is no exception. He did not "make her look good" - he brought out a great performance from her. Big difference. A Mighty Heart is an amazing performance as well. And Mr and Mrs Smith was good fun and she was great in it. She's done a lot of good work and I think people just tend to think of her as an "action" star. All those movies I listed were after Tomb Raider.
    I guess we all have different tastes. I just find her incredibly flat most of the time. I find her inconsistent and a bigger star than her talent allows. I don't even find her that attractive anymore, not like I used to so not even that is going for me.

I also really like Mary Steenburgen.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched The Blind Side yesterday. I'd been hearing such great reviews, etc...but I was just kind of "meh" about it. I mean, it makes it more interesting that it was based on a true story and it had some funny moments, but I was looking for a bit more drama or conflict than the 5 minutes at the end that they seemingly forced in.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I finally watched The Blind Side yesterday. I'd been hearing such great reviews, etc...but I was just kind of "meh" about it. I mean, it makes it more interesting that it was based on a true story and it had some funny moments, but I was looking for a bit more drama or conflict than the 5 minutes at the end that they seemingly forced in.
    Thank you!

I was like - nice made for tv movie.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Can you name me one good comedy Sally Field has been in
    Mrs. Doubtfire! I love that movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"It was a drive-by fruiting!"
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Gay

re: Sally Field and comedy ... I'm going to go back to her Burt Reynolds movies, because honestly she was damned funny in Smoky and the Bandit and Hooper ... but still, not a lot of acting going on there. Least not for me.

Mrs Doubtfire was all about other people being fun.

Oh well.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Mrs. Doubtfire, but the ending always depresses me .... what can I say ? I'm a sucker for happy endings.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Say It Isn't So, while not a great movie is made enjoyable by almost Sally Field alone. In Roger Ebert's review of the money he even says Sally Field (along with Richard Jenkins and Orlando Jones) are always funny in the movie.

Her comedies may not be good but I don't think it's hardly her fault.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best part is when her boobs catch on fire. I've seen that movie countless times, but I still laugh out loud at that part everytime.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I cannot get sick of watching Pleasantville.
    That's all.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to see this guy as roland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 267 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast