Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 267 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to get back to you on that link, feev. I read a piece online though where he said something like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "I couldn't really stop them from making the movie." To me, it seemed like he was putting the movie in a negative context.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm gonna have to see the Social Network. I can't believe that a movie based on Facebook has been getting such rave reviews rather than be an automatic fail! That just shows how much skill Fincher's got as a director!

Btw, to link it up to the recent Spidey news, I've never seen anything with Emma Stone, so I can't say i'm either excited or pissed off about the news, but I have been looking forward to this movie for a while. Not only will it be directed by Marc Webb, who made one of my favourite movies of last year (although I think (500) Days of Summer owed just as much to the quality of its script than anything else), but it's interesting to note that the guy who's gonna play Parker also has a big role in The Social Network. Also, apparently he was the lead in a British film that also got a lot of good reviews called Boy A, which I have to check out, but judging from the combination of a good director with a decent actor in the lead role, I've gotta say I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Although even I've gotta admit that the female lead is Gwen Stacy in this one has really raised my interest!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I haven't been following the spidey news. I think they did a good job on the first 2 films and I'm not sure why someone thinks it needs to be re-done already. I love Sam Raimi (hence...I am going to see Evil Dead: The musical) and I think he has a comic bookish view when he makes most of his movies. However, I'm interested in Gwen Stacy being the female lead.

And I just hope that all the attention going into another Spiderman does not wreck Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers movies planned.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I'm gonna have to see the Social Network. I can't believe that a movie based on Facebook has been getting such rave reviews rather than be an automatic fail! That just shows how much skill Fincher's got as a director!

Btw, to link it up to the recent Spidey news, I've never seen anything with Emma Stone, so I can't say i'm either excited or pissed off about the news, but I have been looking forward to this movie for a while. Not only will it be directed by Marc Webb, who made one of my favourite movies of last year (although I think (500) Days of Summer owed just as much to the quality of its script than anything else), but it's interesting to note that the guy who's gonna play Parker also has a big role in The Social Network. Also, apparently he was the lead in a British film that also got a lot of good reviews called Boy A, which I have to check out, but judging from the combination of a good director with a decent actor in the lead role, I've gotta say I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Although even I've gotta admit that the female lead is Gwen Stacy in this one has really raised my interest!
    I really like Emma Stone. She has a really down to earth, girl next door thing about her. She seems like a really genuine actress that can do both comedy and drama.

You haven't seen Superbad or Zombieland? I'm assuming that if you haven't seen them by now, then they aren't your kind of film, but I would check her out. She's one of my favorites right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spider-man 4 sounds positively awful.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

DD - I think you'll like Emma Stone. She's got a real, sorta downhome Zooey Deschanel kind of thing happening. Wicked sharp delivery and she comes off as smart. You know what I mean, says a lot with a single look.

I think she's a great choice for Gwen Stacey, and I'm finally looking forward to the reboot now. However, and I remain scared somewhat that in this case ... they'll really follow the comic and I'll be pissed.

Oh, and for the record - Emma Stone? A much, much, much better choice than Bryce Dallas Howard who played Gwen previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I haven't been following the spidey news. I think they did a good job on the first 2 films and I'm not sure why someone thinks it needs to be re-done already. I love Sam Raimi (hence...I am going to see Evil Dead: The musical) and I think he has a comic bookish view when he makes most of his movies. However, I'm interested in Gwen Stacy being the female lead.

And I just hope that all the attention going into another Spiderman does not wreck Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers movies planned.
    They're saying the reboot will focus on a younger Spidey. Um, okay. The previous three started as a Senior in High School.... How young are they going?!??!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's not suppose to be Spiderman 4 as far as I get. Some one is redoing the whole thing.

My Mood
    Gay

It's not suppose to be Spiderman 4 as far as I get. Some one is redoing the whole thing.
    Yup, definitely not a sequel.

If anything, it sounds kind of like a pre-quel kind of deal, since it's supposed to focus on a younger Spidey.

ETA : Die Jordan!!!????? Dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The new Spider Man film is a reboot, a fresh start. They can use Venom, Green Goblin, and Dr. Octopus again if they choose to.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the idea of rebooting Spider-man is just bad. Not my fault Spider-man 3 sucked so bad. Now they expect me to pay to see him get bit by the spider again already? Eff that. Would rather them make the effort at a half assed sequel then saying 'damn it...we have to start over...but thatnks for making over 2 billion dollars on the road to "sorry, we fucked up."

Is Raimi even directing it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We all know that this is just another way of further milking the series for every cent it's worth.

Raimi isn't directing, Mark Webb (500 Days of Summer) will be at the helm. If the fail wasn't big enough, apparently Marvel wants all films to shoot in 3D ...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Emma Stone? A much, much, much better choice than Bryce Dallas Howard who played Gwen previously.
    I liked Bryce Dallas Howard in SM3.

Actually, I like her in quite alot of her films, just not the films as a whole. Go figure.

How young are they going?!??!
    In the womb.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Emma Stone? A much, much, much better choice than Bryce Dallas Howard who played Gwen previously.
    Hmmm, Bryce Dollas Howard ... she was fine as hell in SM3

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, I like her in quite alot of her films, just not the films as a whole. Go figure.

How young are they going?!??!
    In the womb.
    In the womb.... we begin our tale with Peter's parents .....

I honestly don't think she's a very good actress at all, in general. And in SM3? Just sort of ... there. I was like - shite, woman, do something! I'm not even sure she changed her facial expression through the entire film! I'm kidding, of course. I just think anyone could have played the part. She brought nothing to the roll, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Okay, are we talking "She's adorable" or "Damn, that girl can act"?!??!

My Mood
    Amused

[quote=turtlex;554555]

ETA : Die Jordan!!!????? Dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/I]
    LOL I'm a Sinestro fan!

I think the idea of rebooting Spider-man is just bad. Not my fault Spider-man 3 sucked so bad. Now they expect me to pay to see him get bit by the spider again already? Eff that. Would rather them make the effort at a half assed sequel then saying 'damn it...we have to start over...but thatnks for making over 2 billion dollars on the road to "sorry, we fucked up."

Is Raimi even directing it?
    no Raimi and I absolutely agree with you!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, are we talking "She's adorable" or "Damn, that girl can act"?!??!
    As in, "I would like to do very bad things to/with/for her."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, so you were talking about her acting then...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Precisely

Country
    Country Flag

I honestly don't think she's a very good actress at all, in general. And in SM3? Just sort of ... there. I was like - shite, woman, do something! I'm not even sure she changed her facial expression through the entire film! I'm kidding, of course. I just think anyone could have played the part. She brought nothing to the roll, in my opinion.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. It was almost as if she was just there to provide a temptation for Peter, nothing more. I still like BDH though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever seen the movie Young People F*cking? My brother watched it the other night and said it was surprisingly funny.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Has anyone ever seen the movie Young People F*cking? My brother watched it the other night and said it was surprisingly funny.
    You should definitely watch it, it's both funny and tragic.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I saw that Zach Snyder is directing a Superman reboot that is written by the guy who wrote Batman Begins. Zod is the antagonist. I am telling all of my friends that if he says "Son of Jor El, kneel before Zod!" we all have to yell out"Snoochie Boochies!"
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, don't know how to feel about Snyder directing Superman. He'll probably sacrifice character growth / development for visually impressive set pieces. Hopefully he and Nolan can come together to craft something memorable. The material is there, they just need to flesh it out.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Yeah, don't know how to feel about Snyder directing Superman. He'll probably sacrifice character growth / development for visually impressive set pieces. Hopefully he and Nolan can come together to craft something memorable. The material is there, they just need to flesh it out.
    I have hopes that it will at least be better than Superman Returns.
    I am pretty fond of stuff like 300, Watchmen and Batman Begins, so I will remain optimistic at least until a trailer surfaces.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

ZackSnyder will never surpass Dawn of the Dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 267 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast