Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6656

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

but he's just so damn handsome! haha good point though feev. i may have jumped the gun on "the best of..." label. inception just blew my mind so much that i was a little eager. he's getting there though
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm a little late to this party but I saw Inception last night and it was incredible. I think I'm seeing it again tomorrow night. It really was ridiculously awesome, I haven't been this blown away by a film in a really long time. Amazing.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    So I'm a little late to this party but I saw Inception last night and it was incredible. I think I'm seeing it again tomorrow night. It really was ridiculously awesome, I haven't been this blown away by a film in a really long time. Amazing.
    Welcome to the club !

I started an Inception thread a few days ago. I'm thinking of turning it into a spoiler thread so we can discuss specific plot points without ruining it for others.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I tried watching Basket Case 3 a few minutes ago. At the ten minute mark or so I switched if off and was left wondering "what the fuck am I watching?"

Are these flicks suppose to be horror, comedy, or black comedy?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Inception on Saturday and I'm still thinking about it.

That is the sign of a truly great film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post

Are these flicks suppose to be horror, comedy, or black comedy?
    Yes!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Shit man, me too. I'm planning on watching it again this Friday. I can't get out of my mind !

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

All this talk of Inception is killing me! I need to hurry up and see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ditto that, Heather! So need to see that film!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hey, i don't know if any of you guys have heard of inception. but it is great

.......i'm hoping no one will take that seriously, but there is usually one person who never gets sarcasm
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

IWasSentWest, is that the one with the sequel Contraception coming out in 2014?

So I just watched Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly. Man, I really wish the sort of practical effects used to bring the goblins and monsters to life in that movie were still used today. Even though its a movie from the 80's, the muppets still hold up pretty good imo.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love Labyrinth. It's one of my all-time favorite films
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's strictly nostalgia, but I'm very fond of the 'muppet' effects in movies too. Unfortunately CGI rendered that particular element obsolete.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I love Labyrinth. It's one of my all-time favorite films
    Me too, Heather. It's one of the few films both me and my big sis can agree on being bloody brilliant! Also, David Bowie with a mullet = classic!

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Prepare for the kick in...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Prepare for the kick in...

*floating in mid air while in a van that's 'seconds' away from hitting the water, all the while listening to generic opera through a pair of headphones*

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question: as awesome as Inception looks, and as much as I really want to see it, should I be worried that I really want to see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World so much more?

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man... just caught the latest 'TRON Legacy' trailer, with the de-aged Flynn/CLU. I simply cannot wait to see this movie. Probably showing my age here.
    You guys are peaking my interest with Inception though...

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except I saw it Friday morning (first showing) and I'm still thinking about it. It's kinda driving me crazy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except I saw it Friday morning (first showing) and I'm still thinking about it. It's kinda driving me crazy.
    Yeah, it kind of makes me sad. I saw Inception the day I returned from a cruise, so I was already kind of bummed because the whole journey was over.

Then I see a film like Inception. A kind of film that only comes around every couple of years and I was sad to see it end. It's such a great feeling watching a film like Inception and knowing it's something special.

I remember watching LoTR and having that same feeling. I was worried I would never get that feeling again from a film, but I have with Inception and a few others. So the good news is that there will be other great films like Inception, we just have to be patient.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Question: as awesome as Inception looks, and as much as I really want to see it, should I be worried that I really want to see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World so much more?
    Now why should you be worried that you'd rather be watching a movie starring that monotonous , one-trick-pony Michael Cera instead of a refreshingly original movie by one of the most charismatic directors currently working today ? Huh ? Why ?

Mike ! Loving the Inception theme meng !

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Now why should you be worried that you'd rather be watching a movie starring that monotonous , one-trick-pony Michael Cera instead of a refreshingly original movie by one of the most charismatic directors currently working today ? Huh ? Why ?

Mike ! Loving the Inception theme meng !
    You're right of course, feev: I shouldn't be worried that I'm looking forward to a movie directed by Edgar Wright, the most stylish comedy director ever with amazing films like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, plus the greatest sitcom ever Spaced, and also look foward to an adaptation of one of the most refreshingly original and funniest comics I've read in a long while. You're right, there's no question that I should look forward to this movie more than Inception!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see you're going to be difficult about this ...

The man's made two films and suddenly he's the most stylish director ever ?!

Alright, I'll give him props for Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, those are pretty awesome, but my hype for SP vs TW died the instant I learned that Michael Cera was cast in the lead. He can't act his way out of a paper bag. The wooden chair on my porch possesses better acting chops than him etc.

Wright might be a clever comedic director , but Nolan is already being compared to greats like Spielberg and Kubrick, and he is just only hitting his prime, with each subsequent film better than the last. To think that that this is only 40 and that we still have a couple more decades to enjoy his amazing work makes me squee in fanboyish delight !

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The man's made two films and suddenly he's the most stylish director ever ?!

Alright, I'll give him props for Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, those are pretty awesome, but my hype for SP vs TW died the instant I learned that Michael Cera was cast in the lead. He can't act his way out of a paper bag. The wooden chair on my porch possesses better acting chops than him etc.
    Two points: one, I said he was the most stylish comedy director ever, and I'd be right, as it's not just two films I'm basing this on, but his work on Spaced, also. If you've seen Spaced, you will understand why I've made that statement. And as for Michael Cera, well, one good reason for you to see this film is that he gets the crap kicked out of him. I ain't seen any of his movies, so I'm not gonna judge on his acting skills. But still...you're defending a film which has Leonardo DiCaprio in it. He's not the worst actor ever, but he's far from the best. Inception maybe awesome, but as a fan of Edgar Wright for over ten years now, his work has been pretty brilliant so far.

Oh, and if you've not seen Spaced: buy it. Buy the boxset. Right now.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast