Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 267 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Robert Pattinson played Dali in a movie?!!! Unbelievable.
    I know! I don't think I can bring myself to watch it, have you seen it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Michael Cera. I don't care if he essentially plays the same character in every movie. I like him.

Also, if you think he was the same in Juno that he was in Superbad, you have to go back and watch both films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wish I were strong enough not to watch it but I am just so curious which makes me suffer from bad movies many times. I haven't seen it yet but probably tonight I will.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wish I were strong enough not to watch it but I am just so curious which makes me suffer from bad movies many times. I haven't seen it yet but probably tonight I will.
    Well let me know how it is

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I must know too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World ? Is that the one with Mr. One-Trick-Pony, Michael Cera ?

Pass.
    I'm not big on Michael Cera either, but think of it this way: notsomuch "the one with Mr. One-Trick-Pony" as "the one directed by the god of comedy directors, Edgar Wright".

Don't tell me you don't want to see it now!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway, at last tonight I am going to see The Human Centipede.
    how was human centipede?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And today in the world of ridiculous movie news.
    Seriously, I got no problem with a non-white Spidey, BUT Spidey is Peter Parker, and Peter Parker is a white guy. If Spidey is someone else, he can be whatever nationality or ethnicity the writer wants.

Twitter Campaign Wants 'Community' Actor to Be First Non-White Spider-Man

Could the movies soon have the first African American Spider-Man?

If thousands of Twitter users get their way, the star of Sony's upcoming reboot of the franchise will be Donald Glover, best known from his role on NBC's "Community." This weekend the Twitter hashtag "donald4spiderman" became the #3 trending topic in the U.S., and the campaign is still gaining steam.

The origins of this latest attempt by social media users to influence casting decisions occurred last week. After surveying the five mostly unknown white actors said to be vying for the role, Marc Bernadin, a writer for the sci-fi site io9.com, called the choices "bland" and asked, "In this day and age, why does Spidey have to be a white guy?" In response, commenters threw out Donald Glover's name as a possible contender, and a Twitter campaign was born.

A unique aspect of this latest fan campaign is its wholehearted support by the subject in question. Glover seems to like the idea (though he makes it clear on his Twitter page that he's interested in auditioning, not just being handed the role without first having to prove his worthiness). While he had nothing to do with its inception, Glover himself has been promoting the campaign, instructing fans to tweet the #donald4spiderman hash tag at strategic times to keep it trending.

In years past, an Internet petition of this kind might not be given much credence, but given the overwhelming success of the recent social-media uprising to get Betty White a hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live," this could be Glover's ticket to director Marc Webb's tryout room. He and his fans will have to act fast, though: The Hollywood Reporter is already forecasting the five most likely contenders for the role, and Glover is not on the list

Glover, a comedian and former writer for "30 Rock," has starred in only one movie so far: "Mystery Team," a comedy he co-created with his sketch comedy team, Derrick Comedy, which came out in 2009.

One hurdle Glover's fans will have is in his presumed bankability as a movie star: "Mystery Team" brought in a meager $89.4 thousand in domestic box-office sales.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

It seems like the studio is going for change "just because." I know a few people who would actually take insult at this, viewing it as an insinuation that there are no decent black/african american superheroes, so here's this one(hands them Glover as Peter Parker)...when in fact an incarnation of the Green Lantern is african american (from the Justice League cartoon), Static Shock is african american.

I agree, if another kid got bit by the spider, I'd be fine with it. Of course, that would cause further division in the fanbase. Overall I'm more concerned with the storylines they chose to develop in the movies and the supporting characters that are utilized. Hopefully we'll get a Gwen Stacy story arc that culiminates with the infamous scene in the 3rd movie of the new Spidey series.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm kind of insulted, actually. I mean, can't anyone in Hollywood have an original thought? Make something up, for freak sake. Write something ORIGINAL !!!!

Here's my deal - yeah, make it a whole separate story, and don't call it Spider-Man, because Spider-Man / Peter Parker - as written and defined in the comics, is not African American person. Pick another name, make up an origin and then - yeah, bring it on. Just don't mess with the current character.

And there are a lot of African American comic characters - as mentioned, there's an African American Green Lantern ( John Stewart ). And please, let's not forget Storm and Bishop from the X-Men.

There are many others... Here's a long list from Wikipedia : Complete Listing by Comic Company

You know, I'd be kinda pissed if all of a sudden, Megan Fox was cast as Storm.

( actually, I have no idea how Megan Fox is getting acting work at all, but I think you get my drift, right? )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

F-this, we need a latino superhero up in here !

Pedro Parquero, El Hombre Araña, ay caramba ! Mary Yane Watson , me compras un burrito mi amor ?

or

Bruce Wenceslao, El Hombre Murcielago ! Por favor, no touch mi bat-mobeel ! (raspy , scruffy voice)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    F-this, we need a latino superhero up in here !

Pedro Parquero, El Hombre Araña, ay caramba ! Mary Yane Watson , me compras un burrito mi amor ?

or

Bruce Wenceslao, El Hombre Murcielago ! Por favor, no touch mi bat-mobeel ! (raspy , scruffy voice)
    Dude, comic-wise there's Renee Montoya, The Question.
    Excellent stuff. She's a superhero.
    And of course all of the Hernandez Bros, have the awesome Love and Rockets and Palomar stories. Not superheroes, though. Sorry.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has been discovered that Megan Fox did, in fact, act as broker for several souls to the devil in exchange for her fame. None of them were hers, big shocker, since she has no soul. It has further been learned that those souls did belong to the cast of the Twilight seires and Stephanie Meyer. That would also explain the popularity of that series.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that I'm on summer break, I finally got around to watch The Box! Honestly, I wasn't expecting the sci-fi touch at all. Anyone care to discuss conmigo?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a reboot of spider-man? am i going insane or wasn't their 3 or 4 spider-mans made in the last ten years. and since i'm not insane, i'm going with YES.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Now that I'm on summer break, I finally got around to watch The Box! Honestly, I wasn't expecting the sci-fi touch at all. Anyone care to discuss conmigo?
    Yes, I do!
    Check your pm's in a bit

My Mood
    Gay

I cannot believe the price on this, but I completely want one.... the $600 dollar one of course!!

From Uncrate :
    The Godfather Family Album
    Previously covered on Uncrate in prohibitively expensive, limited edition form, The Godfather Family Album ($45) is back and this time it's priced for the masses. Still found inside are featured selections from photographer Steve Schapiro's archives chronicling the making of The Godfather trilogy, some iconic, some little-seen, but all showing the actors involved at their very best. Missing from the limited edition are the pigment print, Schapiro signature, and $600+ price tag.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I need that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll, a film based on one of the gods of Essex, Ian Dury. Unlike a lot of biopics, this was one that had me and my dad laughing our arses off! I mean it was still very dramatic, and it didn't shy away from how shit Dury's life became sometimes, but it was nice that it captured the humour and the lunacy of the man. Me and my dad are big fans of his music, so we were interested in seeing how Andy Serkis (yes, the man who played Gollum and King Kong) would portray him. All I can say is that he really impressed me and dad with how well he was able to capture the brilliance, the darkness and, most importantly, the performance of the man! Very recommended not just for fans of biopics, but for people who want to see a biopic told in a way that's rather different.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Yes, I do!
    Check your pm's in a bit
    Yay! Count me in. I know what Heather is going to ask you. I'd like to know your answer.

Yes, I do!
    Check your pm's in a bit
    Yay! Count me in. I know what Heather is going to ask you. I'd like to know your answer.
    Actually we got into quite a discussion about it, and were contemplating starting a thread. Maybe we should, because I'd like to hear your thoughts on some of the questions we came up with.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, now that you want to discuss with us, maybe we should start a thread?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you that have seen either District 9 and The Crazies, which one would be more rent-worthy?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen The Crazies, but District 9 is a bundle of Sci-Fi awesomeness.

My Mood
    Gay

Maybe you should go by what genre you're more in the mood for?

Crazies : Horror
    District 9 : Sci-Fi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 267 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast