Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Leonidas : "RJESO! BUY-OUR-DVDDDD-AAAAAAAAA!!!"

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Best part is near the beginning when that one persian pawn gets three spears through his midsection at the same time. Owned.

Friends of mine were saying 'they are going to do a sequel because you can't end a movie at the start of another battle.' and I tells them this. 'Did you miss the entire point of the movie? The whole point was that 300 spartans stood against a million. The story is about bravery, honour and spartan way of life. You can guess how bad Xerses army got owned by 10,000 spartans when 300 was almost too much.' History does know that 300 men stood strong and fixed against overwhelming odds.

From what I've heard (besides the stuff with the Queen that was added for cinema) it is fairly historically accurate considering very little is actually known about the battle itself.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Josh, I know you're readin this. Get in the chatroom bitch.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Robert Deniro as gay crossdressing airship captain was worth te $6 in itself.
    Was he like a whole new character or something - was he meant to be the guy who rescues Yvaine and Tristan from the clouds?!! Sounds like its been changed completely

Yeah, he was the guy who saves them from the clouds. He was changed(at least I think, it has been a while since I have read it), but even if so, it is very worth it. I generally complain like crazy when movies change stuff from books and I am the biggest Neil Gaiman fanboy ever, but I really enjoyed the whole movie.

They change the end somewhat, too. That annoyed me a bit.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what

noone is using the chat!
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you will post at 6.59am!!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished The Godfather (book) last night. Being a fan of the movies, I am now confused where the story line of the movie Part Two came from. The flashbacks of Vito were included in the book but the "present day" story with Michael was not written about. So Mario Puzo just wrote additional material in the form of his screenplay? Regardless, Godfather Two is still good.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Stardust? don't get it.

Anyways. Gigli is such a great movie. Affleck and Lopez deserves oscars for that movie. So heartfelt and full of subtle nuances and themes that make it the greatest movie of all time.

find the sarcasm

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Superbad yesterday. It was good, but not great as I had expected it to be.
    4 beers on the RFSPRS.

Made some ID's for the kids like in the movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Stardust? don't get it.

Anyways. Gigli is such a great movie. Affleck and Lopez deserves oscars for that movie. So heartfelt and full of subtle nuances and themes that make it the greatest movie of all time.

find the sarcasm
    Wasn't Ben Affleck's Italian accent 100% Convincing?

adding to the sarcasm*

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Even more convincing than Paul Walker in 'Into The Blue'.

Anyone else here enjoy Vanilla Sky as much as I do? Cameron Crowe is a great director, it's too bad Orlando Bloom had to suck the life from Elizabethtown.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Vanilla Sky sucked, sorry...the original Spanish version is waaaaay superior.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to go see Rush Hour 3 last night, and I thought it was pretty good. It didn't have nearly as many funny moments as the other two movies, but the improved action scenes made up for it. 4 out of 6 beers

"Can i get some cafilta (sp?) fish and some ex-lax!?"

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Vanilla Sky sucked, sorry...the original Spanish version is waaaaay superior.
    Please explain how it sucked. I know a lot of people weren't keen on this movie but it's such a good movie I don't get it.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked vanilla sky - DT i think the original is better too but Vanilla Sky is still a very good effort

and it has a kickass soundtrack

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The soundtrack is one of the main reasons I love the movie. I'm not sure how the original ends but In Vanilla Sky
    Spoiler:
    David Aames is not frozen, it's all a coma fantasy.

Country
    Country Flag

I honestly cant remember, i think its a similar premise though

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I don't really like Tom Cruise for a start. And in general Open Your Eyes was just more subtle in both scriptwriting and acting than Vanilla Sky. The key points, such as the ending, were similar but not the same.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

how did I know I would see ' I don't like Cruise'. The amount of people who said War of the Worlds sucks also don't like Cruise.

Vanilla Sky was extremely subtle. There are many small aspects of the movie that explain it more. In fact, Crowe spelled everything out to hide the actual truth of it all. Everything the movie tells you is fact, really isn't. If you're the type of person that accepts what he sees then you won't think twice, but if you question you can see what really happened.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mean subtle on that level. I mean like - Cruise's charcter was so hyper, the script was cheesy, that sort of subtle.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I've actually never seen Vanilla Sky

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Invasion today. Weakest of the 4 versions. Started Ok, but goofy non linear cuts and dumb car chase at end ruined it.
    3 Beers on the RFSPRS.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard that movie had several directors, a lot of reshoots. Kidman and Craig got upset. I heard that all of that really showed through.

I'm sick of all these horror movies that are just turds. It's not that hard to make a scary movie. I was expecting this to be a good remake (more like hoping) because I love the idea. It can't be that hard to remake a movie. 80% of the context was done for you...all that needs to be done is making it original in it's own way.

DT: That's how Cruise's character was. He was a daddy's boy who inherited a fortune and a company. Never had to work for anything, got hot women all the time and never ha to worry about a thing. David's life was full materialistic good and constant reminders of how he got his great life. Really, all he wanted was to either lose it all or gain control of it all. In the process he had to lose his mind to gain control of it.

I agree parts of the script were rough but there were plenty of well written scenes. I love the entire night club scene. CATS! CATS! RRROWRR! And the guys in the bathroom 'Dude, fix your fucking face!' There are more subtlies than you may have noticed...I've watched the movie probably too many times in my life.

I watched Fracture last night, it was a great movie. Really enjoyed the last twnety minutes of it. For a chunk of the movie I felt Gosling was average until abou halfway through when his character began to really show controversy. Hopkins was great as always.

8.0/10

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Cruises character was meant to be exactly as you described - but I guess the inherent differences between Americans and Europeans and how either would portray such a person were clear to me having seen both versions - and really my gripe is simply that I preferred the original.

However, you may be pleased to know that your praise of it is definately going to make me rewatch Vanilla Sky

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Hook last night for the upteenth time. I love that movie, makes me feel like a little kid again..and by that I mean jumping out of the window and thinking that if i flap my arms enough I'll be able to fly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast