Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had the power to 'block out' movies like that Pam, but unfortunately I'm forced to take the bad with the good.....Batman & Robin....bat nipples...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sorry Feev.

It just annoys me, when they feel they have to carry on a franchise, especially when there probably shouldn't have even been one in the first place.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, gosh, the Batman franchise is all over the place!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about this today (the Pirates franchise continuing) after I read that Terry Gilliam is having a hard time getting a distribution deal for The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. They will put out any number of unnecessary sequels to every last movie ever made but when something interesting and original comes along there's not a distributor to be found.

Personally, I can't figure out what the distribution companies are thinking on this one. The film will make the distributor's money back in a week as long as they market it with four simple words... "Heath Ledger's Final Performance." Does anyone really think that won't draw people to the box office? From a distribution standpoint, does it matter if people like it once they've paid to see it?

It just burns me up that the Jerry Bruckheimer's of the world can continue to churn out one hackish action adventure after another but Terry Gilliam can't get a movie distributed.

My Mood
    Gay

Gosh, Jayson, you sum up my feelings so perfectly.

For every mindless sequel that sucks ( and I don't mind the sequels that don't suck ), there are a hundred films that can't find release that are probably wonderful.

re : The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus/"Heath Ledger's Final Performance." - I am counting on someone like The Weinstein Company stepping up, or Focus Features.

Regardless of it being Heath's last performance, the rest of the cast includes Johnny Depp, Colin Farrel, Jude Law and some musician named Tom Waits. Why is this film not on the schedule someplace?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Regardless of it being Heath's last performance, the rest of the cast includes Johnny Depp, Colin Farrel, Jude Law and some musician named Tom Waits. Why is this film not on the schedule someplace?!?
    Personally, I was sold at "Directed by Terry Gilliam" but I agree, that cast, with or without Heath Ledger should be more than enough to get the film onto screens nationwide. There are only two movies I was absolutely planning on seeing in a theatre on a big screen this year, this one and Inglourious Basterds (did I misspell that correctly like QT did?)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Michael Bay
    Uwe Boll
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I just watched The Outsiders for the first time with my mom Tuesday night.

I can't believe I had never seen it! All those guys were so young! Ah!

My Mood
    Gay

Stay gold, Ponyboy... er, girl !

SJ - I love The Outsiders. It's such a classic! I have the extended version on DVD ( it's called The Complete Novel ).

I quote from it as often as Broadcast News and Juno.... it's just full of great lines.

"Let's do it for Johnny, man, let's do it for Johnny!"

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i can't wait for wes anderson's the fantastic mr fox to come out.

i loved that book. roald dahl kicks all kinds of ass, and i always love the film adaptations of his work, no matter how much they differ from the source.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We watched "Bolt" the other night, it was really cute.

Quantum of Solace---meh.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hated the Pirates' sequels just as much as anybody else, but you know we will all be in line on whatever warm summer night the fourth one is released on.

I saw I Love You, Man the other day and loved it. I've been a huge fan of Paul Rudd for years now (actually my whole family loves him, it's kind of weird) and I'm really happy to see him getting the attention he deserves.

He's been great in recent films like Role Models, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and tons of other cameos.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I hated the Pirates' sequels just as much as anybody else, but you know we will all be in line on whatever warm summer night the fourth one is released on.
    I didn't see the first three in the theaters and have only even seen the first one at all (reluctantly on DVD) so I'll skip the TDT.com outing to go see #4.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

same here, jayson.

Cool. Now I'll have company.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And I'll join you two. As if the second and third weren't bad enough, they decided to make another one. I just don't get it.

My Mood
    Gay

Only paid for the first Pirates movie... and honestly, it was good, but nothing I'd hustle off to see a sequel for.... cable, people, cable!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it looks like I'll be going by myself then.

Fine with me, I'll have the big bucket of popcorn all to myself.

For me, it always turns out that we are looking for something to do on a Saturday night and just end up at the movie theater. I'm assuming other people do the same thing and that's why films like Knowing lead at the box office every weekend.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I just watched The Outsiders for the first time with my mom Tuesday night.

I can't believe I had never seen it! All those guys were so young! Ah!
    The book is good too! I liked the movie, also, ALL the fricken actors in it that actually become bigger stars later on. C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Tom Cruise, Leif Garret, Tom Waits, plus others.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We watched 7 pounds last night. It was good...but odd.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Slumdog Millionaire today...

not sure how I feel about it yet :/

Let me please never hear again how a potential DT movie can't have too much of Mejis, or can't have this, or must change that, in order to appeal to "the average moviegoer" like I had to hear about all of the so-called "necessary changes" to make Lord of the Rings more appealing to the average moviegoer.

If anybody needs any proof that the average moviegoer will see any piece of crap that hits the theaters, here is exhibit A...

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...rday-fast.html

I rest my case.

Wow, that's pretty surprising.

I wish I could say it was surprising. Every week the movie-going public proves to me just how little it cares about quality. This one has fast cars and hot chicks and things blowing up. Of course it's a hit.

That's what I like about this forum. It's a reminder that there are still people who use their brains.

Well, I'm not a fan of action films at all, so I'll never understand how those films draw in people to the theaters.

Then there's all those films that I can't even believe get the go ahead to start filming in the first place. ex. The Hottie & The Nottie How many people even saw that film. You think the studio would have put the money to something with more promise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast