Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is in the works. Live action with Michael Bay producing. The guys writing the script are the ones that wrote Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and the director is the guy helming Wrath of the Titans. Bay mentioned that the turtles would be of alien origin.

Hopefully that means the ooze is alien in design. That way stuff like Krang would be easily adapted. His body suit could be adapted into something truly horrific. I imagine something like the Nemesis or any tyrant from the Resident Evil games, with a space for the utrom.

I know Krang was never called an utrom. I would imagine that, in order to sell the movie, they'd make Krang an utrom to stay faithful to the comics and draw in viewers from the old 80's-90's toon.

Traveler shaneo is on a distinguished road shaneo's Avatar

Good movie

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Great Odin's raven! That's excellent news.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cover art for The Artist DVD is awful!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-artist.html
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, I don't like that either
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what's with the dog? He's just sitting there in his own bubble.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Iono, I kinda like it ...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone who's read Ender's Game, go look at the IMDB page. The casting looks fucking brilliant! (Okay, the kids are too old, but other than that.) I love Abigail Breslin and I love that they made Anderson a woman. I can't wait to see this!
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Anyone who's read Ender's Game, go look at the IMDB page. The casting looks fucking brilliant! (Okay, the kids are too old, but other than that.) I love Abigail Breslin and I love that they made Anderson a woman. I can't wait to see this!
    Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham kinda obvious, but still cool. I mean, he seems get all of those type of parts these days... but there is a reason for it. Super talent. Now I'm excited, too!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got you guys covered , two teaser screenshots of the film -

The chip.

Ender's room.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I hear the film looks good so far... I'm still worried it will be a little cheesy, or that they will tone it down to get a bigger audience (like how they pretty much ruined The Hunger Games). I'm going to see it anyway, though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really worried about the toning down seeing as how there isn't much to tone down in the first place. While the Hunger Games relies on intense, gory violence - the harrowing aspects of EG are more of an intense psychological struggle.

Country
    Country Flag

Mostly true, although
    Spoiler:
    Ender does kill two kids with his bare hands. Not to mention Peter's squirrel thing, although that really doesn't need included.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Pond posted me the link last week, and it's something I'm very glad to see:

http://nerdbastards.com/2012/04/25/t...edd-gets-an-r/

Still, I've gotta admit: I do currently have low expectations of the new Dredd film. Not saying I'm not looking forward to seeing a grittier, more badass film than the Stallone travesty...but then again, I could say the same about a ton of Disney movies, too. We know it'll be faithful in tone, minus the satirical edge (which I'll miss), but will it still be good? Certainly no guarantees there.

Not that I won't be seeing it first chance I get, of course! Now where's the fucking trailer?!?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm for sure planning on seeing it in theaters. My only point of contention is - will I be able to take him seriously, keeping the helmet on the entire time ? I know it's an integral part of the comics, but that's one aspect that I'm not sure will translate properly to the big screen ...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If it's handled well, sure. With Dredd, what it really comes down to is that he isn't "one of us" - he's really a face for the system. A pretty kickass face that's mostly a helmet, but a face, nonetheless. He has to come across as a strict, law abiding ruthless bastard, not as a human being, if the film's gonna work as a faithful adaptation, anyway. To compensate for this, I think it's arguably more important that they developed Anderson right: since she's a rookie in the film, it'll have to be through her eyes that we're seeing Mega City 1, so I hope she's really developed properly.

Will it be handled well, though? That's the main question. Truth be told, my bet's gonna be that it'll be something of a flop at the box office. Something that may satisfy some fans but leave the general audience cold.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    ... faithful in tone, minus the satirical edge ...
    Uh... is that possible? Seems to automatically contradict the point...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not really. Yes, there've been a lot of truly wonderfully satiric Dredd strips, including the Fatties and the bizarre fashion crazes of Dredd's world, but these have been mixed in with a lot more serious stuff, such as The Apocalypse War, Necropolis and, of course, America. (Not that I expect the film will be remotely like that last one.) Alex Garland has said that he's not including a lot of humour in the script, but I still hope the Blocks will at least have their traditionally silly names. It'll be interesting to see, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I see: you associate satire with humour. I tend to more broadly define the term. Bottom line: Dredd without an edge is like no Dredd I know.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

True: a lot of the satirical stuff I watch has usually been so funny as hell that it's been difficult to seperate the two, really. Well, like I said, I'm gonna do my best to "wait and see" with this one. Which will probably mean that I'll still get excited as hell for it when the trailer comes out.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I really need to read some Dredd stuff.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes. Yes, you certainly do.

For some of the best of the early stuff:
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Co...5889160&sr=1-6
    http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Co...5889160&sr=1-3

Also, if you can, see if you can find Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgement on Gotham for your fanboy needs, as you get to see Batman punch Dredd in the face in one of the coolest images ever in comics, and also, America is and will forever be a true fucking classic among comics.

Gotta say though that the more recent stuff has been really fucking good, really complex and really bringing complex issues and themes to the comics.

And I really need to start catching up on my shockingly large backlog of progs!

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, for years I read, like, ALL the comics... in the world. Then I gave them up, totally. But somehow I still read most of them. 'S weird.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'm getting curious about Takashi Mike's work. Are his movies about the yakuza particularly gruesome? Ichi the Killer sounds interesting, but maybe a bit too intense for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast