Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 267 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was reading the Idea about Red Riding Hood and it actually came from Leonardo DiCaprio...that was interesting to find out about.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I was reading the Idea about Red Riding Hood and it actually came from Leonardo DiCaprio...that was interesting to find out about.
    I am so glad Leo did not decide to play in it. I really like his acting in some movies, but I don't like over saturation.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i just watched '9'

has anyone else seen this? would love your thoughts

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i just watched '9'

You mean the one that is an animated film about robo-puppets in a post-apocalyptic alternate world, right? I think it was really good. Even while I was watching it, I was not sure... it seemed like it was going in silly directions a few times, but then things were explained differently from what I expected, so ultimately, I liked the story pretty well. And the production, the animation, was obviously great; fairly unique. I'll be interested to see if Shane Acker, the guy who put so many years into this, has in him enough creativity to equal it in further projects. I'll be disappointed, but not entirely surprised, if his subsequent works repeat some similar elements.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys mean the long version of "9"? On afterthought, I guess so.
    That I have not seen, but the short (original) one was ...mmm... how can I put it... strangely touching.
    Last edited by RainInSpain; 11-21-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: clarification
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

i just watched '9'

The little puppets 9? I loved it, but I had friends that hated it. I thought it was clever and well done.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the movie 9. It was one that I saw on DVD and wished I had seen it in the theaters.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    i just watched '9'

You mean the one that is an animated film about robo-puppets in a post-apocalyptic alternate world, right? I think it was really good. Even while I was watching it, I was not sure... it seemed like it was going in silly directions a few times, but then things were explained differently from what I expected, so ultimately, I liked the story pretty well. And the production, the animation, was obviously great; fairly unique. I'll be interested to see if Shane Acker, the guy who put so many years into this, has in him enough creativity to equal it in further projects. I'll be disappointed, but not entirely surprised, if his subsequent works repeat some similar elements.
    Thats the one, i actually had not heard of it before i picked it up so didnt have a clue what to expect. I was just like you thinking it was going in one direction and then it veered off completley.

I also found it very dark and at times quite depressing, was it aimed at the childrens market at all or was it aimed at the adult market? Although i found it depressing in places, i did actually love the film. Although i little put off by the end
    Spoiler:
    just 9, 7 and the twins? how were they going to repopulate the world? my initial thoughts where that each number was a different person and this is how they would save humanity, so i just dont understand how they have saved it when there is only a small piece of the scientist soul in each one and the bulk of them have 'puffed' away? maybe i am just being really stupid but it really stuck with me as to what the ending meant

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Will Ferrell "Land of the Lost" is surprisingly funny.

"If faced with starvation, we will cook and eat Chaka. I've been thinking about this a lot, actually. If Chaka meat were the secret ingredient on Iron Chef, I'm sure Bobby Flay would probably serve it with roasted red peppers and a dash of cumin and a braised polenta."
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    i just watched '9'

Thats the one, i actually had not heard of it before i picked it up so didnt have a clue what to expect. I was just like you thinking it was going in one direction and then it veered off completley.

I also found it very dark and at times quite depressing, was it aimed at the childrens market at all or was it aimed at the adult market? Although i found it depressing in places, i did actually love the film. Although i little put off by the end
    Spoiler:
    just 9, 7 and the twins? how were they going to repopulate the world? my initial thoughts where that each number was a different person and this is how they would save humanity, so i just dont understand how they have saved it when there is only a small piece of the scientist soul in each one and the bulk of them have 'puffed' away? maybe i am just being really stupid but it really stuck with me as to what the ending meant
    did you see the rain at the end of the film? It looked like it had green specks in it.
    Spoiler:
    I think the rain represents the rest of the scientists soul and was spread throughout the world for it to start again.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched The Book of Eli and I loved it.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the Book of Eli, i was lucky enough not to have heard that much about it before i watched it, so it was wonderful to watch it without any pre-conceptions. (not as easy as you think when you are blasted with adverts every day - and most of the adverts have HUGE spoilers in them)

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

"If faced with starvation, we will cook and eat Chaka. I've been thinking about this a lot, actually. If Chaka meat were the secret ingredient on Iron Chef, I'm sure Bobby Flay would probably serve it with roasted red peppers and a dash of cumin and a braised polenta."
    Totally stupid, but enjoyable. Guilty pleasure if there ever was one

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was also lucky enough as to not have the ending spoiled for me ahead of time. It was a great ending! So many movies have really good premises and middles, but horrible endings, not this one! I really love Mila Kunis too, she is one of my favorite young female actresses because she can actually act!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So last night I watched The Girl Who Played With Fire and it was really good. I guess it's only a few years old and it was done in Sweden. I'm not keen on reading subtitles, but the movie is so good that it was worth it.
    I guess Hollywood is now redoing the trilogy, and to tell you the truth I find this disappointing. I HATE reading subtitles, but this movie was done so well (along with the first in the series), that I was fine reading them. I really don't think they should be remaking it so soon, I mean, the third in the trilogy came out a few short months ago! Isn't there like a million other movies that they can make? I don't even think they can possibly make it as good as the Swedish version!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats like Let the Right one in. I heard it did well, but it was just made and its a carbon copy with a few Americanisms added. We wont see it
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I re-watched Mulholland Drive last night to find that it's just as beautifully mind-drowning as ever. It makes me want to have a Lynch-athon, starting with Eraserhead - it's been way too long.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    I re-watched Mulholland Drive last night to find that it's just as beautifully mind-drowning as ever. It makes me want to have a Lynch-athon, starting with Eraserhead - it's been way too long.
    Interesting - I've also been having thoughts about a massive Lynch re-watch for a while now. At the moment the plan is to start with Blue Velvet.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

Totally stupid, but enjoyable. Guilty pleasure if there ever was one
    The scene with the giant mosquito had me rolling.

In other movie news, I watched Toy Story 3 for the first time the other night. Super cute movie and I really enjoyed it!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    Have you seen Inland Empire ? Easily the most bizarre Lynch film.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Inland Empire was full of a lot of

Mulholland Drive on the other was really good. The song llorando is hauntingly beautiful
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So freakin' not happy. I totally loved Repo! The Genetic Opera and highly recommend it to everyone on this forum. This love for the rock opera has inspired a hatred of the move Repo Men because I feel it stole the concept (I could just be being bithcy). Well my husband bought Repo Men so not only did I do them business, but my husband is expecting to watch it.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever seen that movie The Family Stone (Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Luke Wilson, Rachel McAdams, etc)? It was on FX lastnight. It's sorta a Christmas movie, though it's pretty depressing. I actually really liked it though, and I'm not usually into that sort of movie. I was reading reviews of it today and was amused to find that people absolutely hated it
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Has anyone ever seen that movie The Family Stone (Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Luke Wilson, Rachel McAdams, etc)? It was on FX lastnight. It's sorta a Christmas movie, though it's pretty depressing. I actually really liked it though, and I'm not usually into that sort of movie. I was reading reviews of it today and was amused to find that people absolutely hated it
    I love that movie! I know it's kinda sappy, and it's not the type of film I normally watch either, but I just can't help but love it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Get Him to the Greek (because my husband will only watch stupid ass movies I have to watch the good stuff when he's not around).

Anyhoo, it was actually pretty funny in parts, but I think I just liked it because I have an unexplainable love for Russell Brand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 267 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast