Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I just watched the "short" now @ work...it looks pretty good to me.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post

Wasn't too fond of Jack, either. He just didn't seem young and innocent enough.
    I thought the same thing.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

He seemed a bit too old to be Jack. He also reminded me of AJ Soprano and that's not a character I'd normally associate with Jack. I'm not the biggest fan of adaptations to begin with and the casting usually plays a large part in that. I'd probably still see it, but I don't know how much I'd like it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is not Jack!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thats adaptation,the reason I prefer books to film,
    and the reason I dont watch TV all in one.
    The idea of sitting back and letting someone else
    show me what their idea of what an author wrote
    in a book seems redundant to me.But there are
    times when a film is so visually attractive its an
    artform in it own rite.*shrug* This story is so good
    (IMO) like The Dark Tower that ANY adaptation
    would not be up to the book. *shrug*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice Rider_of_Discordia is on a distinguished road Rider_of_Discordia's Avatar

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm I suppose its a telling thing that the scene they made isn't actually in the book at all, so even at the "demo" stage of things they are moving away from the real contents of the book.

Why are people so reluctant to actually just make things as they are originally written? You take a beloved thing, say "Wizard of Earthsea"... its got a massive fanbase already, so your first job is to ...
    (A) Make sure you piss off the huge fanbase
    (B) Make sure you can change as much of the "product" as possible

Do producers pick these things in the vague hope that generating money from investors will be easier? "Hey, we are making this great Stephen King story into a movie. You know Stephen King films ... THE GREEN MILE, STAND BY ME, THE SHAWKSHANK REDEMPTION??? We will be making a movie like those if you invest in us ... " (all the time hoping images of big dollar signs and Tom Hanks will be rolling through the investors mind." But really all they want to do is trot out their own tired little fantasy dressed up in the name. Hoping that the old belief that the book readers don't really make up a significant section of the cinema goers, so stuff 'um.
    I would hope that film investors who are faced with producers trying to associate Stephen King movies with quality films will also have "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, THE NIGHT FLYER, CARRIE 2 THE RAGE, or any one of the hideous movies spawned from King's universe (hey, I know Steve wrote the screenplay for Maximum Overdrive .. and I enjoy watching people squashed to the sound of AC/DC like the next person, but it was a pile of poo ... wasn't it!)

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty good - hasnt it been optioned a while ago tho? Or is that the guy who's optioned it?

Here it is, and it mentions the reel:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384580/news#ni0262817

And i really, really, really want to lop that guys fringe off.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Ummm yeah, I had to stop the movie the first time I heard Frank's voice and turn all the lights on to continue watching.
    Shit son.
    Anyways, I've seen Donnie Darko 4 times and I'm still not sure that I fully get it.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Ummm yeah, I had to stop the movie the first time I heard Frank's voice and turn all the lights on to continue watching.
    Shit son.
    Anyways, I've seen Donnie Darko 4 times and I'm still not sure that I fully get it.
    I could give you hours and hours of explanation on Donnie Darko (one night I even made maps to piece together the tangent and primary universes). I'm not up for it in this medium though. Maybe on the phone sometime?

Frank scares the shit out of me. I can't watch that movie alone at night. That scene where Donnie is breaking the water line and Frank is just standing in the corner makes me gasp out loud every time.

I'd definitely be interested to hear what you have to say there - phone sometime, yes.
    I hate the bathroom scene - where Donnie has the knife...

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I'd definitely be interested to hear what you have to say there - phone sometime, yes.
    I hate the bathroom scene - where Donnie has the knife...
    Oh, I know. Jake Gylenhaal was so perfect for that part.

Yes, he certainly was.
    *shudders*

:shudders:

:erection:

Again?
    Really?
    Wow.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that movie.

The political discussion they have at the dining room table is one of the funniest scenes I've ever watched.

Ahh! ruthful just made me gasp. What a freaky SOB. That is a great discussion. I love how Dukakis has a minor role in the movie.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Anyone here into The Blair Witch Project?

Lately I've become rather obsessed with that film, and I'd like to hear what others have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post

Lately I've become rather obsessed with that film, and I'd like to hear what others have to say about it.
    While I wouldn't go so far as to call it the "worst movie ever," if I were making that list, it wouldn't take me long to mention that one.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it the "worst movie ever," if I were making that list, it wouldn't take me long to mention that one.
    Care to elaborate?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just found that whole movie completely dull and uninteresting.

And I've never seen Donnie Darko. I keep meaning to get around to it.

Basically I just find it stylistically horrible. It is difficult to watch, and, for me, the "story" was not particularly engaging.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, the "shakey" camera didn't work for me in that movie. I think that idea was pulled off much better in Cloverfield.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed that film. I thought it was pretty creepy. I saw it when it first came out in theaters, and I think I might have seen it 1 or 2 times since, but it's been quite awhile.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed that film. I thought it was pretty creepy. I saw it when it first came out in theaters, and I think I might have seen it 1 or 2 times since, but it's been quite awhile.
    One thing I will say, it stays with you long after it's over....

I was too young to see it in theaters, and I don't think I would have appreciated it then anyway....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When I saw it in the theater it didn't really scare me until the final scene. However afterwards me and my friend had to drive home, and thru some pretty heavily wooded areas and this was late at night so there weren't many cars around, needless to say we both got a bit spooked on the ride home.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast