Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 266 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 6649

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. I think I mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I'll watch anything A24. I might not like all of them, but they will always get the benefit of the doubt.

The first point the presenter brings up is key - the unprecedented amount of freedom the directors get to tell their story. That's a rare commodity in a world of sequels, prequels, reboots and aspiring IPs with rigid agendas and boxes needed to tick off.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My brother has a free movie card for the rest of the year he got from his old job right before he was let go. I'm going to go see Fast X with him, which should be hilarious because I haven't seen a single film from this franchise since the original, and I have forgotten 95% of that. The sad part is that I've missed 8 movies and I still feel like I've absorbed enough about the...ugh...mythology...of these films through osmosis to understand what will be happening.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My brother has a free movie card for the rest of the year he got from his old job right before he was let go. I'm going to go see Fast X with him, which should be hilarious because I haven't seen a single film from this franchise since the original, and I have forgotten 95% of that. The sad part is that I've missed 8 movies and I still feel like I've absorbed enough about the...ugh...mythology...of these films through osmosis to understand what will be happening.
    Yea, I imagine you could read a 5-minute recap on Wikipedia of the entire franchise just to catch up with who's related to who, who is dead and who is still alive (or was thought to be dead) and not really miss much.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

28 Months Later or 28 Years Later: Danny Boyle and Alex Garland are having serious talks about long-awaited sequel

Fans of 28 Days Later and its follow-up 28 Weeks Later have been waiting sixteen years for another entry in the franchise, hoping we’d someday see a movie called 28 Months Later. Way back in 2009, we heard that Paul Andrew Williams (The Cottage) was on board to direct the film… but that didn’t go anywhere. Since then, every once in a while, we hear 28 Days Later director Danny Boyle and screenwriter Alex Garland mention 28 Months Later, say there was a great idea for the sequel, then later say it might never happen. In an interview last year, Boyle said Garland had already written the script, and this might be the time to make it into a movie. Now the collaborators have confirmed to Inverse that they’re having serious talks about the sequel, which may turn out to be called 28 Years Later.

Garland said, “A few years ago an idea materialized in my head for what would be really 28 Years Later. Danny always liked the idea.“

Boyle added, “So we’re talking about it quite seriously, quite diligently. If he doesn’t want to direct it himself I’ll be well up for it if we can execute a similarly good idea.“

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I love that this is the first ever post in this thread. It feels like it’s come full circle:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I am watching the teaser movie for 28 weeks later called 28 days later and I am waiting on it to stop sucking.
    Seriously though, 28 Years Later does feel like the more natural way to go at this point, even if it gets delayed for another few years. I hope it does get made, ideally with Garland himself directing.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I love that this is the first ever post in this thread. It feels like it’s come full circle:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I am watching the teaser movie for 28 weeks later called 28 days later and I am waiting on it to stop sucking.
    Seriously though, 28 Years Later does feel like the more natural way to go at this point, even if it gets delayed for another few years. I hope it does get made, ideally with Garland himself directing.
    Plus Cillian Murphy is at the height of his popularity...if they got the film out in the next couple of years it would do very well at the box office.

Not sure how they would do 28 Years Later...the virus spreads so fast. Like in 28 Weeks Later the rage virus made it to France so it would be believable that 28 months later the virus would have pretty much circled the globe, but there could still be pockets of civilization left. Whereas 28 Years Later I would think either everyone would be dead, or the virus would have long vanished without any hosts. One cool idea would be that the last stronghold for civilization is England because the infect in England died out and it never got back on the island, so it would be the opposite of leaving a diseased island to die. Then again, with the rage virus turning people so quick, it would be difficult for carriers to cross oceans so Europe, Africa, and Asia could have gotten destroyed while North/South America and Australia could have kept on keeping on.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Barbie gets a 9/10 by IGN

"A hyper-femme roller-coaster ride full of twists and turns as emotional as they are entertaining"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

"A hyper-femme roller-coaster ride full of twists and turns as emotional as they are entertaining"
    Can't wait, got my tickets for Saturday a while back, and have been watching Greta Gerwig movies all week.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I see its getting good reviews... however I def will NOT be seeing this foolisness.... my nieces are pumped though! LOL I will be seeing Sound Of Freedom and Nolans new beast though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like it’s far from foolishness.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It sounds like it’s far from foolishness.
    Sorry Mae.. I think Barbie is a toy that is meant for kids... SO to ME.. an adult... its silly. If you like it that is A-OK though. I am sure some adults that played with them and collect / collected them will enjoy it as well. I for one.. think its foolish and looks beyond campy. I have so many more movies that I want to spend my hard earned money on! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

From the interviews I’ve seen so far, it’s not a toy movie or a kid’s movie (it’s rated PG-13). I don’t think Greta Gerwig would be interested in a 2-hour Barbie commercial, this is not what this is. It’s a deconstruction of what Barbie is, I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    From the interviews I’ve seen so far, it’s not a toy movie or a kid’s movie (it’s rated PG-13). I don’t think Greta Gerwig would be interested in a 2-hour Barbie commercial, this is not what this is. It’s a deconstruction of what Barbie is, I think.
    ill be coming back to hear manys thoughts. Its sitting at 90% on Rotten which is not bad at all!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 266 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast