Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 266 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Two of my most anticipated films of the year (Nope, The Northman) by two very exciting directors (Peele, Eggers) turned out to be somewhat disappointing for me. It's interesting that both films were the 3rd film by each director. Has me even more interested in Ari Aster's 3rd film.

To take it a step further, Damien Chazzelle's 3rd film First Man was also a disappointment for me after his first two fantastic features Whiplash and La La Land.
    I might be on to something here. I just thought of another disappointing 3rd effort by a director that has had a fantastic start to his career and that is Alex Garland's Men. I have yet to see it, but I know it has divided most people, including our very own Ricky. Garland burst on the scene with Ex Machina and his second showing Annihilation was a strong effort as well.
    Don't forget Blomkamp. District 9 > Elysium > Chappie.

I don't think I agree with NOPE being disappointing. I actually really, really enjoyed it. It's not Get Out, but it's definitely a step up over US.

All eyes on Ari Aster. That's his movie with Phoenix, right? Sounds like a rock solid collaboration.
    Oh, good catch on Blomkamp.

I will have to watch Nope again, but I think it's a considerable step down from US, which I enjoyed, even more, the second time.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/di...itle-card-d23/
    At the D23 Expo, Disney revealed a new title card celebrating its 100th anniversary. The Walt Disney Company began its existence in 1923, which makes 2023 the company's centennial. The new title card will appear ahead of films debuting during the anniversary celebration. It keeps the iconic Disney castle first introduced in 1985 while adding Disney 100 to the picture. Last year, the company revealed the Disney 100 logo, with and without familiar mascots Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse popping out of the zeroes. The logo and characters are black-and-white, calling back to the earliest days of animation.

Disney is celebrating the anniversary at D23 this weekend with the Step in Time exhibit, putting items from the Walt Disney Archives on display. Disney also previously announced that SC Exhibitions is producing an exhibition to showcase Disney's history. The showcase will premiere at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia in February 2023. The exhibit will include galleries featuring items from the Walt Disney Archives and an immersive environment spanning 15,000 square feet.

"As we approach the 100th Anniversary of The Walt Disney Company, we at the Walt Disney Archives are incredibly excited about traveling a new and unique exhibit marking a century of unparalleled innovation and storytelling with the world," said Rebecca Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives. "This groundbreaking exhibition will celebrate the wonder of Disney, from 1923 to the present and into the future."

Co-Curator Paula Sigman Lowery, a Disney historian, said, "It's thrilling to bring Disney's crown jewels—art, memorabilia, costumes, props, and one-of-a kind treasures—to public view—and to explore the story of one of the world's most creative entertainment companies. Many of these objects have never before been seen outside the company's archival, animation, and Imagineering vaults."

President and CEO of The Franklin Institute Larry Dubinski added, "The Franklin Institute is thrilled to debut this world premiere exhibition in Philadelphia during the remarkable 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company. We look forward to celebrating the legacy of a creative empire synonymous with imaginative storytelling, innovation, discovery, and wonder that spans generations and delivers widespread, undeniable global appeal."

The exhibition will launch in February 2023 at The Franklin Institute. There will also be another staging for territories outside the U.S. beginning in March 2023.

The D23 Expo is taking place this weekend. Friday brought the first-ever Disney and Marvel games showcase and the Disney Animation panel. This afternoon sees what many consider the main event, the Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios panel. The exhibition will launch in February 2023 at The Franklin Institute. There will be a second, parallel staging for territories outside the U.S. in March 2023.

Country
    Country Flag

For my part, since I love Disney and I love lists, I will be watching all of the Disney and Pixar animated theatrical movies. There are 87 in total, counting the upcoming Strange World. I plan to do it at a pace of around one movie per week until the end of 2023.

September 2022

October 2022

November 2022

December 2022

January 2023

February 2023

March 2023

April 2023

May 2023

June 2023

July 2023

August 2023

September 2023

October 2023

November 2023

December 2023

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mae - that would make for a great movie contest. Best Disney film.

Country
    Country Flag

I have been wanting to do a tournament around the best animated film for a long time. But there aren’t a good round number of Disney movies so maybe in a few years?

Country
    Country Flag

Time for the 2023 Oscars thread?

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I have been wanting to do a tournament around the best animated film for a long time. But there aren’t a good round number of Disney movies so maybe in a few years?
    Been ages since I've seen an animated film. It would have been a Miyazaki because of the Festival they show of his every year now. Fathom Events here. But as far as a new one, I cannot recall.

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Need some more time to go through it, but yes knee jerk reaction is that it's a terrible list.

HOWEVER, glad to see Death of Stalin getting some love because that movie is certified genius. Flies under a lot of peoples radar but it's truly a gem worth seeking out.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Punch Drunk Love being so high is great. I still have to see Best in Show. A lot of actors in it I love.

A few major missing films in there that are definitely better than Scott fucking Pilgrim...I Love You Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Zoolander, Almost Famous, This is the End, Royal Tenenbaums just to name a few off the top of my head.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing In the Loop getting some love. I always enjoy making a "Teacup Committee" reference when I can.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Love seeing In the Loop getting some love. I always enjoy making a "Teacup Committee" reference when I can.
    Just realized it's made by the same guy that did Stalin and VEEP. Damn, must seek it out immediately!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gotta start up that 2023 Oscars thread!

https://www.thewrap.com/oscars-inter...l-race-2022-2/
    Submissions for the Academy Awards’ Best International Feature Film category closed on Monday, Oct. 3, and voters received their required-viewing assignments on Oct. 28. Those viewing assignments included 92 different films, one less than the record number of entries set in 2020 and tied last year.

The highest-profile entry comes from Mexico, which submitted “Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths” from “Birdman” and “The Revenant” director Alejandro G. Inarritu. Other top contenders include another Netflix release, director Edward Berger’s German-language adaptation of “All Quiet on the Western Front,” as well as South Korea’s “Decision to Leave” from Park Chan-wook and Belgium’s “Close” from Lukas Dhont.

And in a year with relatively few clear favorites, other films with a good chance of making the 15-film shortlist include Austria’s “Corsage,” with Vicky Krieps; Argentina’s historical drama “Argentina, 1985”; Denmark’s harrowing “Holy Spider,” Canada’s animated documentary “Eternal Spring,” France’s “Saint Omer,” Poland’s “EO,” Pakistan’s “Joyland” and Norway’s “War Sailor.”

But the smaller-than-usual batch of high-profile films means that members screenings and links will be of paramount importance and could propel a number of lesser-known films to the shortlist.

The Academy will also host in-person and virtual meetings for voters in the category, in order for them to share their thoughts on the contenders.

Members who volunteer are given a list of eight or nine films they must watch in order for their votes to count, but they are encouraged to see additional films not on their list. First-round voting will take place in early December, with a shortlist of 15 films announced on Dec. 21. Nomination voting takes place in January and is open to members who watch all 15 shortlisted films. All of those films will be screened at Academy theaters in Los Angeles, New York and London.

This list, which includes links to trailers when available, is of the films that have been placed in the Academy Screening Room for the category or placed on a require-viewing list, or those whose home countries have officially announced them as entries. The Academy credentials a submission committee in each country, and that country is allowed to enter a single film in the Oscar race. The record for qualifying films is 93, which was set in 2020 and tied last year.

Inclusion on TheWrap’s list is not a guarantee that a film will be deemed eligible by the Academy, which must vet each entry to make sure it meets AMPAS requirements. The Academy is expected to release its official list of eligible films in early December.

Because of tensions with the U.S. over the invasion of Ukraine, Russia has announced that it will not enter a film this year.
    My fifteen picks for the shortlist:
    1. Argentina: Argentina, 1985
    2. Australia: You Won't Be Alone
    3. Belgium: Close
    4. Bolivia: Utama
    5. Brazil: Mars One
    6. Bulgaria: In the Heart of the Machine
    7. Denmark: Holy Spider
    8. Finland: Girl Picture
    9. France: Saint Omer
    10. Germany: All Quiet on the Western Front
    11. Ireland: The Quiet Girl
    12. Pakistan: Joyland
    13. South Korea: Decision to Leave
    14. Spain: Alcarràs
    15. Ukraine: Klondike

The five nominees would be (with the winner italicized):
    1. Belgium: Close
    2. Germany: All Quiet on the Western Front
    3. Ireland: The Quiet Girl
    4. Pakistan: Joyland
    5. Ukraine: Klondike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch anything by Iñarritu, so Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths is at the top of my list. I remember reading about it during pre production but honestly forgot about it.

A few of these sound interesting, I'll try to get to them over the holiday period.

Oh yeah and of course Decision to Leave. Park-Chan Wook the GOAT.

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, the trailer for Bardo didn't spark much interest in me, honestly.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 266 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast