Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 266 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    So, has anybody seen A Serious Man?

Because, I, y'know, really want to. And am wondering what you peoples think.
    I was asking a friend who keeps up on these things, and all he had to say was "it's the most Jewish movie ever." I hope that helps.

Sadly it's probably going to end up a dvd viewing for me, because I haven't been able to visit the theater for weeks. And Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Road are top priority for the next couple weekends. I also wanted to go see The Box... and Bad Lieutenant...but there's no time! :/ Sorry, Nic Cage.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ola let me know if you happen to make it out to see The Box. I've got some questions about it, and I can't seem to find anyone else that's seen it.

Brice that reminds me, did you get my pm from awhile ago?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post

Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Road are top priority for the next couple weekends.
    Mr Fox is gonna be epic. however, none of my friends with cars/mother needs to be convinced of that one.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post

Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Road are top priority for the next couple weekends.
    Mr Fox is gonna be epic. however, none of my friends with cars/mother needs to be convinced of that one.
    Aw man. Too bad you don't live around here! :/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ola let me know if you happen to make it out to see The Box. I've got some questions about it, and I can't seem to find anyone else that's seen it.

Brice that reminds me, did you get my pm from awhile ago?
    I did. I got distracted and forgot about it though. I'll answer it shortly. Promise!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen The China Syndrome?

It stars Jane Fonda, Michael Douglas and Jack Lemmon. I thought it was really good. I was just wondering if anybody else had seen it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

It stars Jane Fonda, Michael Douglas and Jack Lemmon. I thought it was really good. I was just wondering if anybody else had seen it.
    I've seen it, many times. I thought it was excellent. It was originally released just about the same time as Three-Mile Island happened... which made it even more poignant at the time.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen it, too, it was very popular here in Soviet times.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

I've seen it, many times. I thought it was excellent. It was originally released just about the same time as Three-Mile Island happened... which made it even more poignant at the time.
    Yeah, after watching the movie, I was doing some research and it said that 3 days after the film was released, the incident at Three Mile Island happened.

The even crazier part is that in the film Jack Lemmon states that if something happened to the plant, it would destroy a land mass the size of Pennsylvania.

Pretty creepy.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Yeah, after watching the movie, I was doing some research and it said that 3 days after the film was released, the incident at Three Mile Island happened.

The even crazier part is that in the film Jack Lemmon states that if something happened to the plant, it would destroy a land mass the size of Pennsylvania.

Pretty creepy.
    I'm a big Jane Fonda fan, so I saw it on release day and then argued with people when they all said "it could never happen!!". Couple of days later ...

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

and here i thought pam would be posting that she watched gun shy.

My Mood
    Gay

I have received it... but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully this weekend, buttercup !

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

El Topo -

I can't tell if I liked it or not yet, which is why I don't dare to give it a score yet. What I do know is that I just witnessed something unique, laden with religious symbolism, most of which might take a few viewings to completely absorb. Now that the initial shock factor of it's bizareness has worn off, I look forward to viewing it again and dissecting it a bit further.

This is my first Jodorowsky film - I'm looking to tackle Holy Mountain next.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm looking to tackle Holy Mountain next.
    love that one.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched An Education last night and 2012 today.
    While I definitely preferred the former--just one more reason to love Peter Saasgard--I was surprised to catch myself sort of enjoying 2012. I wouldn't watch it ever again, but most of the time, I didn't feel like putting a bullet through my brain just to prevent myself from watching any more. I was fully aware of how over-the-top, cheesy, and predictable it was, but whatever. All I can say is that I knew the dog would make it, Oliver Platt is inexplicably sexy, and I guess it takes a world catastrophe to make a little girl stop pissing in her bed.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Feev, I just watched City of God. I loved it! Thank you so much for recommending it to me because it's not the type of film I would normally pick up

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, I just watched City of God. I loved it! Thank you so much for recommending it to me because it's not the type of film I would normally pick up
    Excellent ! I'm glad you liked it !

I loved that it's based on true events and how actual footage was shown during the credits, it made me appreciate the film even further.

Excellent ! I'm glad you liked it !

I loved that it's based on true events and how actual footage was shown during the credits, it made me appreciate the film even further.
    I had no idea it was actually based on real events until the end of the film, and I almost shut off the dvd right before the real footage came on!

It's a pretty powerful film, and I would also highly recommend for people to check it out.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh happy days for Paul Thomas Anderson fans !

Anderson, Hoffman at Altar on Religion Pic

By: Mike Fleming
    Published: Wed, December 02, 2009, 7:12 PM
    | Comments ( 0 ) | TrackBack ( 0 ) Email or Share
    “There Will Be Blood” writer/director Paul Thomas Anderson has found religion, and Philip Seymour Hoffman, for his next film.

Anderson has written an untitled period drama that is set up at Universal. Hoffman, who has played supporting roles in most of Anderson’s past films, would this time be the centerpiece.

Hoffman will play “The Master,” as in “master of ceremonies,” a charismatic intellectual who hatches a faith-based organization that begins to catch on in America in 1952.

The core is the relationship between The Master and Freddie, a twenty-something drifter who becomes the leader’s lieutenant. As the faith begins to gain a fervent following, Freddie finds himself questioning the belief system he has embraced, and his mentor.

Anderson's treatment of religion was cynical in "There Will Be Blood." Here, the scrutiny isn't specifically directed toward faith-based movements like Scientology or Mormonism that are newcomers compared to established religions. Anderson explores the need to believe in a higher power, the choice of which to embrace, and the point at which a belief system graduates into a religion. .

Universal, which has become very selective about green lighting adult dramas, won’t make a decision on Anderson’s $35 million budget pic until he delivers his finished script. His hope is to make the picture next year, sources said.

Anderson’s frequent collaborator, JoAnne Sellar, is the producer.

Hoffman made his breakthrough in the cast of Anderson’s “Boogie Nights,” and has also appeared in the Anderson-directed “Hard Eight,” “Punch-Drunk Love” and “Magnolia.”

Neither the studio nor reps for Anderson or Hoffman would comment.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh happy days for Paul Thomas Anderson fans !

Anderson, Hoffman at Altar on Religion Pic

By: Mike Fleming
    Published: Wed, December 02, 2009, 7:12 PM
    | Comments ( 0 ) | TrackBack ( 0 ) Email or Share
    “There Will Be Blood” writer/director Paul Thomas Anderson has found religion, and Philip Seymour Hoffman, for his next film.

Anderson has written an untitled period drama that is set up at Universal. Hoffman, who has played supporting roles in most of Anderson’s past films, would this time be the centerpiece.

Hoffman will play “The Master,” as in “master of ceremonies,” a charismatic intellectual who hatches a faith-based organization that begins to catch on in America in 1952.

The core is the relationship between The Master and Freddie, a twenty-something drifter who becomes the leader’s lieutenant. As the faith begins to gain a fervent following, Freddie finds himself questioning the belief system he has embraced, and his mentor.

Anderson's treatment of religion was cynical in "There Will Be Blood." Here, the scrutiny isn't specifically directed toward faith-based movements like Scientology or Mormonism that are newcomers compared to established religions. Anderson explores the need to believe in a higher power, the choice of which to embrace, and the point at which a belief system graduates into a religion. .

Universal, which has become very selective about green lighting adult dramas, won’t make a decision on Anderson’s $35 million budget pic until he delivers his finished script. His hope is to make the picture next year, sources said.

Anderson’s frequent collaborator, JoAnne Sellar, is the producer.

Hoffman made his breakthrough in the cast of Anderson’s “Boogie Nights,” and has also appeared in the Anderson-directed “Hard Eight,” “Punch-Drunk Love” and “Magnolia.”

Neither the studio nor reps for Anderson or Hoffman would comment.
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy craig85br is on a distinguished road

Born and raised in Essex, England but currently living in Lille, France
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone watched Paranormal Activity yet?

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty freaky. Not jump out of your seat scary though. Also I dont get why people had to supposedly leave some screenings as they were so upset by it as it wasn't massivley disturbing, maybe a little unsettling a times, particularly towards the end. However, overall I thought it was a really effective little movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Paranormal Activity.

I thought it was really well made. I enjoyed it more than the Blair Witch Project. I think PA was more creepy and scary, but I'm not the type of person that gets scared while watching a movie.

Overall, and intersting film to watch. Way better than the torcher porn that Hollywood continues to pump out.

My Mood
    Gay

Taken is finally on cable!

Can't wait to see it ( Saturday, 8pm, HBO )

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, did I tell you guys about how awesome Fantastic Mr Fox was?

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Went and saw Boondock Saints 2

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 266 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast