+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 6310

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.thewrap.com/paddington-c...tten-tomatoes/
    If there was any doubt as to whether or not “Paddington” is one of the greatest films of all time…well, there’s no longer any doubt, because “Paddington 2” has replaced “Citizen Kane” as the top-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes.

“Citizen Kane” has long been the top-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes with a 100% rating on the “Tomatometer.” But as of Tuesday, it’s slipped from 100% to 99% – all thanks to a negative review from 80 years ago. Yes, an 80-year-old review from the Chicago Tribune’s Mae Tinée with the headline “‘Citizen Kane’ Fails to Impress Critic as Greatest Ever Filmed” was what knocked the film off its pedestal.

The discovery was first made on Twitter, when someone posted a screenshot of the rating and review, alerting the world that, in case we forgot, our past can always come back to haunt us. We know there’s no way this reviewer could have known that her words would still be relevant 80 years later. But we should be thanking her because she helped everyone’s favorite bear achieve the best kind of fame.

Rotten Tomatoes literally dug up an 80 year old negative review of Citizen Kane and now the movie no longer has a 100% fresh rating pic.twitter.com/0I8cxvuGdd
    — Screaming Pectoriloquy (@Caulimovirus) April 26, 2021

“Citizen Kane” dropping its perfect score meant that “Paddington 2,” which boasts a perfect 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes’ “Tomatometer,” can now officially be known as the greatest film of all time. There’s no longer any contest. And look, we get why the Orson Welles film is usually hailed as one of the greatest movies of all time. Despite the fact that it famously lost its Oscar for Best Picture, it’s basically a staple of iconic cinema.

But you really can’t compete with one of the most lovable bears with a heart of gold and an affection for marmalade. Thankfully, the rest of the world seems to agree.

Enjoy your win, Paddington – you deserve it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.thewrap.com/paddington-c...tten-tomatoes/
    If there was any doubt as to whether or not “Paddington” is one of the greatest films of all time…well, there’s no longer any doubt, because “Paddington 2” has replaced “Citizen Kane” as the top-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes.

“Citizen Kane” has long been the top-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes with a 100% rating on the “Tomatometer.” But as of Tuesday, it’s slipped from 100% to 99% – all thanks to a negative review from 80 years ago. Yes, an 80-year-old review from the Chicago Tribune’s Mae Tinée with the headline “‘Citizen Kane’ Fails to Impress Critic as Greatest Ever Filmed” was what knocked the film off its pedestal.

The discovery was first made on Twitter, when someone posted a screenshot of the rating and review, alerting the world that, in case we forgot, our past can always come back to haunt us. We know there’s no way this reviewer could have known that her words would still be relevant 80 years later. But we should be thanking her because she helped everyone’s favorite bear achieve the best kind of fame.

Rotten Tomatoes literally dug up an 80 year old negative review of Citizen Kane and now the movie no longer has a 100% fresh rating pic.twitter.com/0I8cxvuGdd
    — Screaming Pectoriloquy (@Caulimovirus) April 26, 2021

“Citizen Kane” dropping its perfect score meant that “Paddington 2,” which boasts a perfect 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes’ “Tomatometer,” can now officially be known as the greatest film of all time. There’s no longer any contest. And look, we get why the Orson Welles film is usually hailed as one of the greatest movies of all time. Despite the fact that it famously lost its Oscar for Best Picture, it’s basically a staple of iconic cinema.

But you really can’t compete with one of the most lovable bears with a heart of gold and an affection for marmalade. Thankfully, the rest of the world seems to agree.

Enjoy your win, Paddington – you deserve it.
    There is many movies with a 100% though... am I missing something Mae?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

One word - Tenet Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It probably depends on how many reviews it has.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So all I need to do is find a bad review of Paddington 2 for Leave No Trace to reign Supreme on RottenTomatoes? Seems like a worthy cause!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

One word - Tenet Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    So all I need to do is find a bad review of Paddington 2 for Leave No Trace to reign Supreme on RottenTomatoes? Seems like a worthy cause!
    Or 7 more positive reviews for Leave No Trace. When I started writing movie reviews for my website a few years back, I looked into getting officially recognized by RT, but it's kind of a pain in the ass.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I applied to be a RT critic when they re-opened subs in March and haven't heard back. I'm sure they have a ton to look at and vet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I applied to be a RT critic when they re-opened subs in March and haven't heard back. I'm sure they have a ton to look at and vet.
    Probably, but their vetting process must be shit. There are so many terrible writers on there. And some of their websites are straight out of 2001.

Maerlyn's Imp DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold DoctorZaius is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok - finally watched Tenet. Couldn't stop watching, but ultimately unfulfilling. A major dip down for Nolan.
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Probably, but their vetting process must be shit. There are so many terrible writers on there.
    Agreed. It seems like you can be an awful writer but as long as you're an awful writer for a well-known publication, it's fine. Kind of ridiculous.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253