Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 266 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 6642

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yeah, imagine chilling at a party and then Ezra Miller just throws a chair at your head...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't generally watching YMS content, but the obscene length of this video and it only being Part 1 really made me want to watch it. The Lion King remake was clearly a lazy cash grab, but I had no idea just how lazy and incompetent it was. I also watched this because I was considering rewatching The Lion King since I've experienced Hamlet 3 ways already in the past two weeks, I may as well experience it a forth. This video has really reminded me how great the original film was. It's been forever since I watched it.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The og Lion King is still my all time favorite Disney film. Agreed that the remake was the laziest of lazy cash grabs.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I rewatched Dune 2021. It holds up.

I’m approaching the movie as an avid fan of the original 6 books written by Frank Herbert - I love all of them, for different reasons - and as a “hater” of the later books written by Brian Herbert and Kevin j Anderson. I enjoy the 1984 movie by David Lynch, not so much as an adaptation of the novel, but as a creative interpretation of it. Personally, I do not think Dune can be adapted faithfully to film, but if you’re going to try, at least do something interesting. Lynch did something interesting.

The 2021 movie is both a reasonable adaptation and interesting creatively. Where Villeneuve strays from the text of the novel, he does so to explain the world of Dune without flat exposition. This he does remarkably effectively and efficiently. But the dialogue is at its best - at its most poetic - when it borrows directly from the novel.

And the visual effects are used as they should be - to build a world and make it real.

I look forward to Dune 2023.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I rewatched Dune 2021. It holds up.

I’m approaching the movie as an avid fan of the original 6 books written by Frank Herbert - I love all of them, for different reasons - and as a “hater” of the later books written by Brian Herbert and Kevin j Anderson. I enjoy the 1984 movie by David Lynch, not so much as an adaptation of the novel, but as a creative interpretation of it. Personally, I do not think Dune can be adapted faithfully to film, but if you’re going to try, at least do something interesting. Lynch did something interesting.

The 2021 movie is both a reasonable adaptation and interesting creatively. Where Villeneuve strays from the text of the novel, he does so to explain the world of Dune without flat exposition. This he does remarkably effectively and efficiently. But the dialogue is at its best - at its most poetic - when it borrows directly from the novel.

And the visual effects are used as they should be - to build a world and make it real.

I look forward to Dune 2023.
    I'm really not familiar with the source material, but it's a testament to Villeneuve's skill as a director when he can satisfy fans of the books and moviegoers who know nothing about them. I thought it was a great film and I can't wait for the second installment.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently people have been walking out of Cronenberg's latest, Crimes of the Future, because of the grotesqueness of the body-horror on display.

That just makes me want to watch it even more

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that, too. Haha. They must not know Cronenberg.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I saw that, too. Haha. They must not know Cronenberg.
    Don't quote me but I think Cronenberg's son and daughter have films releasing this year.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jurassic World Dominion currently sitting ugly with a %39 on RT. Ouch

JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate what Trevorrow has done with the franchise. I was not a fan of World, liked Fallen Kingdom a lot more, and every time I see commercials for Dominion, it just makes me want to rewatch Park.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Jurassic World Dominion currently sitting ugly with a %39 on RT. Ouch

JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION
    I have so many issues with the film, outside of the obvious reason of not needing another Jurassic World film.

My biggest issue is the fact that at the end of Fallen Kingdom, we see a dinosaur looming over our world, hinting that the next film is going to deal with the dinos in our neighborhoods. Certainly not groundbreaking stuff, especially since we saw dinosaurs stateside very briefly in the original trilogy. In Dominion, we don't get that, not really. There's a small part of the film where they are in Malta where we get a chase scene through the streets, but that's it. The rest of the film takes place in your standard facility setting.

The clone thing. I didn't like it in Fallen Kingdom and I don't like it in Dominion. The story thread really takes center stage and I just don't care. If she was the clone of a character we knew and loved, then maybe it would make sense. Unfortunately, the entire story arc is retrofitted. It's annoying.

For most of the film, the main obstacle trying to be thwarted is not dinosaurs it's... giant locusts. Are you serious? What makes it worse is that our favorite characters from the original films are tasked with solving this dilemma. So the characters we know and love who have become synonymous with dinosaurs are dealing with locusts? Got it.

The film is just plain bloated. The main characters from the recent films are off doing one thing and the legacy characters from the first trilogy are off doing another. The film takes way too long to get them together.

With that being said, the most unforgivable sin is the fact that the last few films have completely contradicted what the original film taught us. As we all know, the original Jurassic Park is about the hubris of man, greed, and utter disregard for consequences. By the end of the first film, all the characters come to the agreement that this was a bad idea and that humans cannot coexist in a world with dinosaurs.

In the recent trilogy, we are hit over the head with the exact opposite. By the end of Dominion, we are literally being preached at that we can live in a world with dinosaurs. That kind of disregard for the original film is just something I can't stomach.

Lastly, the other issue the recent films have is they seemingly do not want to harm any dinosaurs outside of the main "villain" dinosaur, which gets taken out by the T-Rex every time. Because of that, they have to find ridiculous ways for the characters to escape danger. It's awkward and just plain unrealistic. I know these have become kids' movies and we don't want to scare the little ones but give me a break.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its public domain now... so they can do what they want with it is why...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well to paraphrase Ian Malcolm, "they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Winnie The Pooh already horrifying?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Well to paraphrase Ian Malcolm, "they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an amazing video, Mae. Can't wait to get home and watch the rest of it. Thanks for sharing!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got to put together a podcast for my Gothic Horror class, where we pick a contemporary title and explain what elements of the Gothic still exist in today's narratives. I'm going to do it on Stoker (2013) about the subversion of the Gothic Heroine archetype.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe out of left field (How 'bout dem Yankees?) and maybe I'm off base but in the recent rounds of Movie ratings I don't recall, Paul Newman getting much love with the exception of, "The Sting, Cool Hand Luke and Butch Cassidy". I was doing a little remembering and damn if there aren't quite a few films he did that were pretty freaking solid. "Sometimes a Great Notion" and "Somebody Up There Likes Me" immediately come to my mind. What about you guys? Can you name a few, Newman flicks worthy of honorable mention?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 266 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 ... LastLast