Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 267 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Why don't they just re-release the original in theaters for a short time. I'm sure tons of people would go to see it.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not understanding the need to remake one's own film.
    Me too! I don't think I'd like the remake especially if they did not cast Bruce Cambell.

Bruce use to visit Michigan State University (where Sam went to school) during the film festival because they would play Evil Dead every year in the college theater. Got to meet him, just never got a picture with him.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I sense another Girls Movie/Horror Night coming on! We also want to do Matango! and have mushroom dishes.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Do like I do with Dune, just pretend that you already have the completed story and that there were no sequels made.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Me too! I don't think I'd like the remake especially if they did not cast Bruce Cambell.

Bruce use to visit Michigan State University (where Sam went to school) during the film festival because they would play Evil Dead every year in the college theater. Got to meet him, just never got a picture with him.
    I agree, Evil Dead just would not be the same without Bruce Campbell.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Do like I do with Dune, just pretend that you already have the completed story and that there were no sequels made.
    Yes. I do the same with Dune. I can actually get quite passionate about the 5 trillion sequels and my beleif that the trilogy was just that, A TRILOGY.

Back on topic--I may be able to do that with the Lost Boys if curiousity doesn't kill me.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'll give it a chance because it looks like they're having fun with it and not taking it seriously. The Lost Boys, while a fun film, wasn't the type of movie to preclude a sequel. On the contrary, Grampa's end comment led me to believe there'd be a sequel long before now.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what it says on wikipedia about it:

'David' (Kiefer Sutherland) is impaled on a pair of antlers but doesn't disintegrate like the other vampires. Despite what Max later says, he is not really supposed to be dead. This was intended to be picked up in a sequel, The Lost Girls, which was scripted but never made.

Scripts for this and other sequels have been circulating since the late 1980s, and the original film's director, Joel Schumacher, made several attempts at one during the 1990s.

Finally, over 20 years after the release of the original film, Lost Boys: The Tribe, was greenlighted. It will be a direct-to-video release on July 29, 2008. Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander will reprise their roles as the Frog Brothers. After some reshoots, Corey Haim will reprise the role of Sam Emerson.

The sequel started shooting in Vancouver in June, 2007. Earlier that year Warner Bros. revealed it would produce a number of straight-to-video sequels for its existing library of franchise-friendly films, including the Lost Boys sequel.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Earlier that year Warner Bros. revealed it would produce a number of straight-to-video sequels for its existing library of franchise-friendly films, including the Lost Boys sequel
    What other films do they want to make sequels for, and why on earth would you want to do straight-to-video one? That pretty much says it's just going to be crap. They should just leave well enough alone.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Here is my deep/useless thought of the day that came to me earlier.
    In Star Wars, the first prophecy was that Anakin would be the one to bring balance to the force. Later, it was said that the prophecy was wrong since Anakin turned over to the dark side and all. Then, we are to believe that it was not Anakin Skywalker but Luke Skywalker that the prophecy was about the whole time right?
    Well, here's my problem. Didn't Anakin/Darth Vader actually bring balance to the force in the end considering he was the one to destroy the Emperor afterall? I'm not arguing that Luke had no role in the process, I mean he was the last Jedi and all, but.....If Vader hadn't killed the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, Luke may have been defeated,...doing nothing to create balance at all.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps they were wrong about being wrong?

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Here is my deep/useless thought of the day that came to me earlier.
    In Star Wars, the first prophecy was that Anakin would be the one to bring balance to the force. Later, it was said that the prophecy was wrong since Anakin turned over to the dark side and all. Then, we are to believe that it was not Anakin Skywalker but Luke Skywalker that the prophecy was about the whole time right?
    Well, here's my problem. Didn't Anakin/Darth Vader actually bring balance to the force in the end considering he was the one to destroy the Emperor afterall? I'm not arguing that Luke had no role in the process, I mean he was the last Jedi and all, but.....If Vader hadn't killed the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, Luke may have been defeated,...doing nothing to create balance at all.

Or what does Balance mean? It would seem to me at the beginning there are 100's of Jedi Knights, but not that many Sith. Can Order survive without Chaos? Can Chaos survive without Order. Before Darth Vader killed the emporer it was 2 to 1 in the Sith favor. Could it be the Jedi were mistaken on what the prophecy ment?

And, since Darth Vader killed the emporer and died himself leaving one Jedi Knight left, couldn't that be considered Anakin fulfilling the prophecy by bringing balance to the force. Or since Luke finally broke thru to Anakin that Luke also brought balance to the force? Hmmmmmm

no one said Anakin had to be alive.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that although yes, they did leave it open to sequel at the end...it's been 20 years. It's really not going to be fresh & new material, and the STV release makes me feel that it is going to be completely campy.

If a sequel had come out shortly after the original I could understand, but the Lost Boys has had too long to set itself up in the minds of the fans as a great, stand alone classic...they waited too damn long & I think it's going to suck.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched H2G2 and was pleasantly surprised. It won't be The Hitchhiker's Guide in my mind-fondly remembering the five-part trilogy and the BBC TV series-but I liked it nevertheless. The song and dance number at the beginning was great.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    What's with all these pointless sequels? First Donnie Darko, and now The Lost Boys?

Off - topic - What part of California, Ves?

They're making a sequel to DD?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes - you can join a petition against it on Facebook

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    What's with all these pointless sequels? First Donnie Darko, and now The Lost Boys?

Off - topic - What part of California, Ves?

They're making a sequel to DD?
    See, that's the one that bothers me. That movie is completely inappropriate for a sequel.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Man, I just finished watching Natural Born Killers and it's been years since I last saw it. I forgot what a fucking train wreck that movie was.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Why didn't you like it?

No, I do like it! It's just such a downward/upward spiral the entire time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah , sorry, the train wreck analogy threw me off a little

...Yeah, I should have clarified

John F. Kennedy cuthbertallbad is on a distinguished road cuthbertallbad's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and what about its siter movie pulp fiction?

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I saw The Incredible Hulk tonight and realllly enjoyed it. Fucking intense!
    Keep in mind this is coming with absolutely no previous Hulk knowledge, so I guess just for sheer entertainment's sake, I really liked it.
    Oh, and Edward Norton is such a badass.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My daughter took me to see The Happening yesterday. I was set to be disappointed--all the newspaper reviews I read said it was a real stinker--but both she and I REALLY enjoyed it. It brought back thoughts of King's Cell.

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I saw The Incredible Hulk tonight and realllly enjoyed it. Fucking intense!
    Keep in mind this is coming with absolutely no previous Hulk knowledge, so I guess just for sheer entertainment's sake, I really liked it.
    Oh, and Edward Norton is such a badass.
    saw it with my husband sunday night and really liked it. and i really like edward norton as well, i was just talking about him with ves'ka gan. i told her i'm going to make his line
    Spoiler:
    you wouldn't like me when i'm hungry
    my new phrase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 267 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast