Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 267 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I know it's not a new release or anything, but I watched The Green Mile for the first time last night.
    Wow.
    I cried like a baby. It was so fucking good, even better than the book (or at least equal). That hardly ever happens.*

*Fight Club is the only other example for me.
    Um, yes. I think it may be the most I've ever cried during a movie. Wore me out. I have the book in my posession and will read it at some point this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Completely random statement - Hook is one of the most underrated movies ever.
    Fucking yes it is!
    I LOVE Hook! And I just bought it on DVD.
    Peter and Rufio's bitchfest is brilliant - probably my favorite part. I think Peter calls Rufio a nearsighted gynocologist at one point.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post

Completely random statement - Hook is one of the most underrated movies ever.
    Fucking yes it is!
    I LOVE Hook! And I just bought it on DVD.
    Peter and Rufio's bitchfest is brilliant - probably my favorite part. I think Peter calls Rufio a nearsighted gynocologist at one point.
    "You lying , flying, spying ultra pig!

You lewd-crude-rude dude, bag of prechewed food, dude!

ERR-ERRERR-ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    you should, it's a great book.

i don't think it makes any difference that neville is black but i wish will smith wasn't playing him. i don't like him so much.
    *GASP*
    ok now that I'm over that lol

I saw the movie first. Then my sister got me the book (that had some of Matheson's other works in it). I liked the movie when I saw it, then I read the book (which seems like more of a novella to me) and I didn't like the movie much anymore. I mean... it's really good movie... as long as they don't try to call it the same thing as the book (which they did). They completely ruined the whole concept that Matheson was going for. I read that he made them take his name off of Last Man on Earth because he was so pissed at the way they destroyed his story.. don't want to give anything away but you should definitely read it if you haven't. He was a genius.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Will smith makes a great Robert Neville.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Lost Boys

This movie ahs always held a special place in my heart, especially since I had to leavee my beloved California behind. I think it's a great movie (maybe not scary, but good anyway). It's got a great setting and a "cool" group of villains and all the fun anybody could ever want.

Despite the double-Corey, I think of it as a classic....but today...I saw...

They are making a sequel. As a matter of fact it is a bad b-movie remake masquerading as a sequel. The head vampire even sort of resembles a young Keifer, Corey Haim is back as the vampire hunter, and to follow the origianl story line, its a pair of siblings (this time brother & sister) who move to the made-up city, who get caught up with the vamps and one of them turns vampire.

It looks awful, but I may see it anyway...just so I can adequately hate it. What do you guys think?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh no!! I grew up on The Lost Boys. I have it on dvd, and still enjoy it when I watch it. I don't like the idea of a sequel. Not one bit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's with all these pointless sequels? First Donnie Darko, and now The Lost Boys?

Off - topic - What part of California, Ves?

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THEY CANT DO THIS! THEY CANNOT DO THIS.

I love vampire movies ^.^ The Lost Boys is one of my favourites, there only going to destroy it with this stupid sequal.

Im gonna have to go ninja on there asses
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen the Lost boys

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    I have never seen the Lost boys
    HOLY CRAP

^ I had to set my own hair on fire because of that mia/susannah, you must see it, quickly.

Before i set my head on fire again sai.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is another great film that does not need a sequel.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i loved the novella. i have it in print and on my ipod. i was absolutely beside myself when (in the novella) neville
    Spoiler:
    found the dog and convinced it to come and be "friends" with him. then when it died i thought my heart would break.
    i know why they gave him a dog for the movie, to make it more dramatic for him
    Spoiler:
    when it got attacked and died
    but still the whole point was that there was no one else for him to relate to.
    Spoiler:
    i still cried when his dog died in the movie though.

now then, as for the zombies. in the book, they were vampires. it was made very clear that there were two types, and that they were vampires. i understand that with the advent of computers, it would be much easier for neville to find things out (especially since he's now some big time army doctor) but why turn them from vampires to zombies? i didn't really get that.

i was really disappointed with the ending of the movie. the whole point was missed in my opinion. don't get me wrong, i still bought the dvd - and i still watch it. but the whole drama
    Spoiler:
    of him being found by the second type of vampire (and a new version of that type that could survive in the sun), the wife of one of the ones he had killed, of him being sacrificed
    was lost. and if any of you watched the alternate ending - well that was just ridiculous.
    Spoiler:
    having it turn out that the zombies only broke into the lab because the alpha male wanted the alpha female back, having neville realize that they were still capable of love and attachment, having him wake up the alpha female, having them be reunited and then just go away, puuuleeeze. these are vicious animals. yes, they have a sense of the pack, but they are still predators for the love of the turtle.

okay, that's my dollar's worth. but really, the story is absolutely amazing. and to think of when he wrote it? god that man was *way* ahead of his time.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

What's with all these pointless sequels? First Donnie Darko, and now The Lost Boys?

Off - topic - What part of California, Ves?
    I grew up in the Central Valley, a kind of small town in the middle of everything. I spent A TON of summer days in Santa Cruz (where the original was filmed).

Back on-topic--I agree, I cannot see what a straight-to-video sequel has to offer any one besides a minimum wage salary for Corey Haim for a few months. The song did it's work on me, too, though. For a brief second I almost allowed myself to get excited...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That is a great movie!

I don't understand why they just can't use their minds to come up with their own stuff and not make sequels.

Bastards!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the film. I haven't read the story, but I feel like it is more dramatic if he starts out with the dog rather than finds in along the way.

I think there were a lot of deeper places they could have gone with the film, though and I sort of wish they had.

Spoiler:
    Like his "relationship" with the mannequins. I feel like that they could have really explored a lot with his absolute aloneness that seemed to be leading to total insanity.

There was that and a lot of other things I felt they could have madea little more moving. However all & all I thought it was good. I am interested to read the book now, though.
    Last edited by Ves'Ka Gan; 06-04-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spoiler tags

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I don't know how I feel about this. It looks like a big ball of cheese, but so was Lost Boys I and I loved it. I LOVE cheese under the right circumstances.

Couple of points:
    • BOTH Coreys are back
    • The guy who played the other Frog brother is back
    • The lead vampire looks like Keifer Sutherland because it is his half brother
    • Tom Savini is in it

I reserve judgment until I see the movie. More info at IMDB.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I really enjoyed the film. I haven't read the story, but I feel like it is more dramatic if he starts out with the dog rather than finds in along the way.

I think there were a lot of deeper places they could have gone with the film, though and I sort of wish they had.

Spoiler:
    Like his "relationship" with the mannequins. I feel like that they could have really explored a lot with his absolute aloneness that seemed to be leading to total insanity.

There was that and a lot of other things I felt they could have madea little more moving. However all & all I thought it was good. I am interested to read the book now, though.
    Well, if I think of the movie as just a movie with no bearing on Matheson's novel, then I like it. If I think of it as an adaptation, then I cry as I did over I Robot and Starship Troopers, both of which I can enjoy as long as I pretend they have nothing to do with Asimov or Heinlein.

Neville having the dog, however, offsets the "absolute" loneliness he endured. In the book, Neville truly was alone, which is why finding the dog was so important. In the movie, he never was truly alone. There was always another living, breathing being he could relate to - even if it was not human.

I still prefer The Omega Man. It is infinitely closer to the novel. Infinitely.
    Last edited by Woofer; 06-05-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Typos. Le psi.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

Spoiler:

Well, if I think of the movie as just a movie with no bearing on Matheson's novel, then I like it. If I think of it as an adaptation, then I cry as I did over I Robot and Starship Troopers, both of which I can enjoy as long as I pretend they have nothing to do with Asimov or Heinlein.
    Neville having the dog, however, offsets the "absolute" loneliness he endured. In the book, Neville truly was alone, which is why finding the dog was so important. In the movie, he never was truly alone. There was always another living, breathing being he could relate to - even if it was not human.

I still prefer The Omega Man. It is infinitely closer to the novel. Infinitely.
    I second this. The movies are good by themselves.. as adaptations they suck the big one. And after reading the novella I was miffed about Neville already being prepared for research and stuff as a doctor. But I thought the mannequin thing was GENIUS! It really touch me when
    Spoiler:
    after Sam died he went to the mannequin that he had a crush on and begged her to talk to him.. I CRIED!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Wait! Both Coreys are in it? I think that might even make it worse, IMO. I mean, come on...has anyone seen Corey Haim lately?
    When will they learn to leave well enough alone?

My Mood
    Worried

Oh, I'm with you. I can't stand Corey Haim. Feldman, though, seems to laugh at himself these days, and that's good. I like him better now that he's not taking himself so seriously.

Again, I'll reserve judgment for now.

Besides, Tom Savini is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post

I second this. The movies are good by themselves.. as adaptations they suck the big one. And after reading the novella I was miffed about Neville already being prepared for research and stuff as a doctor. But I thought the mannequin thing was GENIUS! It really touch me when
    Spoiler:
    after Sam died he went to the mannequin that he had a crush on and begged her to talk to him.. I CRIED!!

i know what you mean
    Spoiler:
    about the mannequin. when he was driving along and the mannequin that belonged outside the dvd store was in the wrong place i actually spoke out loud and said "what the fuck?" then when he was yelling at it and telling it if it was alive it better say something i was thinking is he just really starting to lose it or is someone fucking with him. then i realized it was a trap.
    man oh man. . . . .

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

with the mannequin scene
    Spoiler:
    i thought someone was trying to contact him or something say they were trying to find him because they missed him and wanted to get his attention. then he stared walking towards it after shooting it, and i saw the hole. I'm like oh, shit! it's a trap!

run, Forrest, run!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    <snip>
    run, Forrest, run!

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

All those scenes gave me goosebumps.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Went with the wife to see Sex and the City. Total chick flick-250 people in theater, 85% woman.
    Like watching 5 back to back episodes of the show, 3 good, 2 fair.
    I give it 3 Cosmo's on the modified RFSPRS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 267 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast