Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 267 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Think my top 10 list (at the moment, anyway) of favourite comic book movies would go something like this:

1. The Dark Knight
    2. Dredd
    3. The Avengers
    4.Hellboy
    5. Superman 2 (Richard Donner Cut)
    6. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
    7. Batman Begins
    8. Spider-Man 2
    9. Watchmen
    10. The Crow
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh you mother effers, making lists stresses me out lol. Let's see, at the moment this is my top 10 ...

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Avengers
    3. Watchmen
    4. Dredd
    5. Superman II
    6. Iron Man
    7. Spider Man 2
    8. The Dark Knight Rises
    9. Hellboy
    10. The Crow

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very glad to see Dredd pretty high, Fernando. Really shows what a great year 2012 was for the comic book genre, with the DKR (which almost made my top 10), Avengers and Dredd appearing in the same year.

- Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Now I really want to do this.

1. The Dark Knight
    2. Watchmen
    3. The Avengers
    4. The Dark Knight Rises
    5. Iron Man

I will rate other after watching Dredd.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, let's see..

1. The Avengers
    2. Iron Man
    3. The Dark Knight
    4. Hellboy
    5. X-Men: First Class
    6. Captain America
    7. Hellboy II
    8. The Amazing Spiderman
    9. Batman Begins
    10. Thor

Admittedly, I usually stick to Marvel comic releases...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

But if you call it comic book movies, then you have to also consider things like V For Vendetta. Making it no easier after all!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I haven't seen V for Vendetta, which is most probably why it isn't in the list.

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watchmen is a tough watch fore me.

All I know is that Kick-Ass would be in my top 10. They aren't real superheroes, but it is based on a graphic novel.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's actually an entire sub-genre of aren't-real-superheroes including such other films as Hero at Large, Blankman, Mystery Men, The Specials, and Defendor.

Plus M.Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable and such oddities as Chronicle and Hancock.
    Last edited by pathoftheturtle; 02-08-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: +

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Well, I haven't seen V for Vendetta, which is most probably why it isn't in the list.
    What the f........WHY NOT?!?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Tried reading the graphic novel. Just couldn't get into it, I'm afraid. It's rather put me off the film as a result.

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

From Hell, Cowboys & Aliens, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Ghost World, American Splendor, A History of Violence, 300, Sin City, etc.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, how the hell did I forget about Scott Pilgrim? Or of course A History of Violence and Sin City? Hmm, I may need to think over my list now.

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, no... I'm just showing why I said "super-hero movies" to begin with. Because I knew I'd have to think mine over more this other way. Although you were correct that the definition of "super-hero" might be slipperier, anyway. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, you know?
    But at least I am pretty satisfied with that list of my favorite comic book super-hero movies!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, as Super Hero movies are concerned, I don't count Scott Pilgrim. Otherwise it'd be way high up on the list. Comic book movies are an entirely different thing

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    From Hell, Cowboys & Aliens, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Ghost World, American Splendor, A History of Violence, 300, Sin City, etc.
    The Road to Perdition is also a graphic novel. I didn't realize that until after I watched the film and purchased the DVD.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

My ranking of the comic films I've seen:

1.) The Dark Knight Rises
    2.) Hellboy II
    3.) The Dark Knight
    4.) Batman Begins
    5.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    6.) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    7.) Batman Returns
    8.) Spider-Man 2
    9.) The Amazing Spider-Man
    10.) Iron Man

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Tried reading the graphic novel. Just couldn't get into it, I'm afraid. It's rather put me off the film as a result.
    Try the movie, it's infinitely easier to digest.

Also, dat Hugo Weaving. I can't read the graphic novel and not picture HW's voice.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I didn't know where to post this. It is biography of Akira Kurosowa taken from imdb and wiki, with fan-art created by artists of deviantart: "Film Legends: Akira Kurosawa"

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My favourite comic book movies. These are not just superhero comics, but of any movie adapted from a comic/graphic novel.

1. The Dark Knight Trilogy
    2. A History of Violence
    3. V for Vendetta
    4. American Splendor
    5. Spider-Man 2
    6. X-2
    7. X-Men: First Class
    8. Road To Perdition
    9. Kick-Ass
    10. Blade
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, if I scrunched together the Nolan Batman titles that way, Blade would enter my favorite comic book superhero list soon after the ones I showed earlier.
    But now you guys have got me wanting to spell out

My favorite X-Men movies

1. X2
    2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Deadpool)
    3. X-Men: First Class
    4. X-Men
    5. X-Men: The Last Stand

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah hell, here we go again lol

X-Men
    1. X-Men 2
    2. X-Men
    3. X-Men First Class
    4. X-Men : The Last Stand
    5. X - Men : Wolverine Origins

Spider Man
    1. Spider Man 2
    2. Spider Man
    3. Spider Man (reboot)
    4. Spider Man 3

Batman

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Dark Knight Rises
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman
    5. Batman Forever
    6. Batman Returns

7. Batman & Robin

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

7. Batman & Robin

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I kinda feel like that one belongs in a whole different category, over with Batman: The Movie (1966).

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't even decide which Nolan Batman film I like most, let alone pick where they would fall amongst the others lol. Left off Batman Returns too.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 267 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast