Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Are you for or against circumcision?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

40 43.48%
  • Against

32 34.78%
  • Unsure

20 21.74%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Intact or Circumcised

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

This is always a hot topic and there is no right or wrong, only what each person/parent feels is right for them.

To each their own.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

my opinion is this:

It is my son's penis not mine. He can cut it if he wants to once he's 18.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

/agree

And if men aren't supposed to have foreskins why are we born with them?

Did God make a mistake or do we come equipped with them just so we can cut them off to prove our devotion to a deity? Frankly the latter idea galls me beyond words. (but I actually kinda dig the idea of a god that makes mistakes...if I'm going to have a god I want one I can relate too )

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I'm not sure you are understanding that this is done either within hours of having a baby the size of a watermelon squeezed into the world through a hole the size of a lemon, or as we Jews do it, 8 days later.
    Hmm, I've had three children - you really don't need to condescend to me.

The within hours of birth part, I think the fact that most babies heads are still shaped like a torpedo from the birthing process, their completely unexposed over-sensitive skin is experiencing air for the first time, their entire digestive tract is kicking up and trying to move a material similar to tar, except stickier through a system that has never know anything, and knowing a hunger they will never again in their life know because it's the first time they experienced it are all pretty good indicators that what they are feeling when having a locally anethatised piece of skin cut would pretty much pale in comparison to everything else they are experiencing.
    ?! That's your counter argument?! "They are already in pain, feeling confused and bewildered so hey, what does it matter if we add to that?"

Also not sure if you understand the whole procedure, but after said locally anethatised cut is performed, the wound is instantly cauterized with quicksilver (Silver Nitrate) to seal it from any outside contaminants.
    Which is good, but doesn't stop it from being sore.

I can only speak for my child, but I'm pretty sure this is the norm... He stayed mostly asleep for the first 2 weeks at least.
    No offense, but if you asked your wife if he slept for the first two weeks I'm sure she'd disagree! Nothing to do with circumcision...more a breastfeeding mum/blissfully unaware dad thing.

Again, I could care less what anyone else does as long as it's not cause of REAL harm, you know, like REAL child abuse that involves fist, feet, and other blunt object, malnutrition, abandonment and other sorts of badness you see on the news perpitrated upon their children by scumbags that should have been sterilized long prior.
    Well it's a difficult thing to compare isn't it. Obviously severe abuse is what it is and that itself is not comparable. If you're asking me if I think circumcision is abuse in a technical sense then I would say that under anaesthetic, no it isn't. But to me it's unnecessary stress on the child. My daughter was in special care as a newborn baby and was being given antibiotics intravenously. It was very distressing for her and us as parents - and in light of that I couldn't imagine purposely imposing any kind of medical procedure on a baby unless it was of grave medical importance.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Old Roy

That's what I call mine!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Old Roy

That's what I call mine!
    Oh shit, sorry dude. I didn't mean to make it personal.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I will sue the hospital for the return of my foreskin. They will either produce it or I'll settle for a measly $300 trillion. I think this is fair.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Wow, fly off the handle much? Almost seems like you saw me quoting the oh-so-hateful ZoNeSeEk and took it as a personal attack against yourself.
    Didn't Zone, in his first post on the subject, excuse deep religious beliefs and practices where circumcision is involved?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes he did. And then there is the fact that the reason Josh isn't defending/supporting his beliefs and ideas is because he's no longer with us here.

Oh, and I miss him.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I knew he just sort of disappeared, but he's gone for good? I thought maybe life just got in the way as it often does. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone gone gone.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I knew he just sort of disappeared, but he's gone for good? I thought maybe life just got in the way as it often does. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone gone gone.
    Well, no it isn't that he's gone for good. He may at some point come back. Who knows? But he's been gone a really fuckin' long time.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Worried

Ah, I thought perhaps he had gone quietly, but yeah it's been almost a year. Damn.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i also miss ZoNie.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I see this thread coming to life again & I must say: we've decided not to circumsize any future little boys thatm ay come our way--but an uncircumsized penis does look even more silly when flaccid than a circumsized one.

Me & my (now!) husband have been getting busy & seeing each other naked for a couple years & it still makes me wanna giggle when I see it hanging there.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Whaddya say, baby...how bouts a little boom boom?

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    "I'm circumcised, like my father before me"

/Luke
    I've always thought that was Jim Croce.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    i also miss ZoNie.
    Me too.

I don't even remember the last FB update from him.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In case I ever get invited to appear on Letterman because of my anti circing terrorist activities...

Top 10 Reasons to keep your foreskin

10. You have a "secret place" to store bubble gum if you're afraid someone might see it behind your ear

9. It can serve as a handle during an extremely forceful urination or ejaculation

8. The head of your penis has a built in awning should you decide to visit a nude beach

7. Its one more place you can put a piercing.

6. It makes a nifty conversation piece in the locker room

5. It provides extra protection in one of those "Something About Mary" kinda moments

4. It gives your significant other something extra to play with and lets face it, whats life without the the little extras, eh?

3. Since most guys in the US are circumsized you can honestly say, "Baby, I gotz somethin' for ya he don't!"

2. You can make your forum title, "Hooded Member" and giggle about the fact that no one has any clue that you're talking about your penis.

1. When putting on an X rated puppet show for your significant other a foreskin allows your penis to convey much more emotion than it could without one.

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

seriously? you shun circumcision but you'll consider a piercing?

(and dude, the puppet show? )

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Piercing is different. Its not like taking the thing off...its just putting a hole through it.

I started another thread like this at another forum I go to today and they deleted it! Too derisive I guess.

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i guess they just aren't as willing to tolerate your short comings as we are.

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i can't vote on this. i'm not really undecided because i'm very much against the idea of circumcision, it seems wrong and cruel. but i don't enjoy looking at an uncircumcised cock, i've never had any desire to touch one and i doubt i ever will.

and i miss zone too

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dats just cuz you ain't seen minez baby...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast