Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Contest# 11- The Great Old Ones

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you were all posting an entries! Hurry, hurry! I like this contest. SOOO many variations can be done.

Edit: Thanks very much, y'all.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

That's super cool Tiffany!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    That's awesome Tiffany!

I wonder if I shouldn't commision an artist for this one. I know exactly what I want to do for this one (interestingly enough it's very similar to what Tiffany has done) - I also know there's no way I'll be able to get it done...
    I think we should stick to members only on these.

Level playing field and all.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I will try someting maybe.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

We need some time to pull ourselves together after such a great piece of art you know. But we are working on it.

Roland would have understood.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hope that means you've got something in the works Letti!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ehh.. I do love drawing but when it's called a contest I get quite gutless.
    But I will give it a try (like usual) and we will see if I dare to post it or not.
    I appreciate your care.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

please please please please please please please
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    please please please please please please please
    *melts*

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    That's awesome Tiffany!

I wonder if I shouldn't commision an artist for this one. I know exactly what I want to do for this one (interestingly enough it's very similar to what Tiffany has done) - I also know there's no way I'll be able to get it done...
    I think we should stick to members only on these.

Level playing field and all.
    I should have said, Perhaps I should commission one of our artists to do this piece

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there you go.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Whenever I read about the Great Old Ones, this is what comes to mind:

*snicker* Sorry, I had to do that. I'm a Lovecraft/Cthulhu mythos and DT FREAK! Mods, please feel free to delete if this detracts from REAL entries.
    Last edited by Woofer; 07-17-2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Typo - natch.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, what's that from?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

From the Wiki:

A Great Old One is a type of fictional being in the Cthulhu Mythos based in the stories of H. P. Lovecraft. Though Lovecraft created the most famous of these fictional deities, the vast majority of them were created by other writers, many after Lovecraft's death. Collectively, the Great Old Ones (sometimes referred to as the Old Ones[1] by some authors or the Cthulhu Cycle Deities by Brian Lumley in his Titus Crow stories) are not as powerful as the Outer Gods, nor do they have as much influence. Nonetheless, they are served in the stories by devoted congregations of worshippers, made up of both human and non-human cults.
    and

The Great Old Ones are ancient extraterrestrial beings of immense power, and most are also colossal in size. These entities seem to have a physical shape, but being cosmic lifeforms from beyond our space-time continuum means they are not based on matter in our definition of the concept, yet their forms are built on principles similar enough to those of true matter that they appear to be material in their nature. They are worshipped by deranged human cults, as well as by most of the non-human races of the mythos. The Great Old Ones are currently imprisoned—a few beneath the sea, some inside the Earth, and still others in distant planetary systems and beyond.
    The pictures in my collage come from a variety of sources as I just searched the net for those that seemed the best representation IMO.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I see. Well, if you feel like getting permission to use all those images, you could submit it for the contest.

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats neat! my interperetation was NOTHING like that and I quite like it's....uniqueness

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

tsalking about Tiff's by the way sais

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, if you feel like getting permission to use all those images, you could submit it for the contest.
    Thanks! I doubt I could obtain them in time, however. These images came from all over. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mist_on_the_Water View Post
    tsalking about Tiff's by the way sais
    Ah come on. You don't think Tsathoggua and Azathoth built North Central Positronics? You doubt the great Cthulhu?! Hrumph.

LOL - kidding, of course. I also love Tiffany's adaptation.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Any more takers? Anyone need an extension?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I might. I started my sketch today, we'll see how much I can get done this weekend.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, just let me know!

I'm going to need that extension. I don't think it's going to be finished by today.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries! Contest will remain open until August 3, 2008. No more extensions will be available.

Thanks, I had to trash the one that I was working on because it was looking really really bad. My imagination far exceeds what I'm actually capable of doing. However my second one's looking a bit better so I've got hopes that this one will turn out alright. I'll make sure it's done by the end of the week.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast