Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What was their love like?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • A deep faithful one.

61 57.01%
  • Hot but light.

39 36.45%
  • I don't understand this question...

7 6.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Their love

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Here's a good question:

If he hadn't met Susan, would he still have been as obsessed with getting to the tower or do you think this is a vengeance quest, to make meaning out of Susan's death?
    I am not a ka person but I say the Tower would have found its way to Roland. Roland is that type of guy who needs to be hooked on something big. Something he can chase in his whole life.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Whose love was deeper?

I am sure we won't agree and however I agree with Brice that love is love I still think that one's love is hotter and deeper and the other's can be light or just not as deep as the other one's.

Roland.
    Susan.

Who was more crazy about the other one?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh, I finally see, that's where we disagree! In my universe, love is an absolute notion, without degrees. As soon as degrees are introduced, I feel it necessary to look for another word.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought they were both equally involved in each other.

To be honest, when I came into this thread I thought it was going to be about Susan and Roland vs Rosalita and Roland. I thought Rosa and Roland's love was a more mature and relaxed relationship, whereas I think had Susan and Roland stayed together, their relationship would've been quite turbulent due to their personalities.

Country
    Country Flag

Lisa, that would be a great thread. I mean Roland ans Rosalita's love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh, I finally see, that's where we disagree! In my universe, love is an absolute notion, without degrees. As soon as degrees are introduced, I feel it necessary to look for another word.
    Jean,
    we disagree everywhere.

So,
    I used to be in love with a guy who told me he loved me. I was absolutely crazy about him. I think I have talked about it before I wouldn't like to get into details but when I say I was crazy about him I mean it word by word (poor little Letti).
    I don't say he didn't love me he did and he told me it quite often but in fact his band his dog and... everything was more important than me. He didn't give a damn about me. I was like... a favourite toy or something.
    Jean, I would like to see your point. Do you say that we loved each other the same way OR his love was not love but something else and we shouldn't use the word "love" at all in this case?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

maybe your words "I was crazy about him" and "I was like a favorite toy" describe the attitudes of both sides very well... I am only trying to be specific, and avoid generic words whenever possible.

Country
    Country Flag

I see your point very well Jean but I don't think we have the right to say that oh yes my love is love but yours is something else. Because love is this and this and look what you feel...
    I think love has many many faces.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how any word of your last post disagrees with anything I ever said.

Country
    Country Flag

*gets confused* I might be just tired.... *unsure*

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

*smiles widely*
    One day Jean it will turn out that we are like twins, Jean...

Let's see what others think. *sits down and waits*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    And yet, it is not where we disagree. I believe in love as an absolute also... as you said there are no degrees. I just think it manifests in innumerable ways. None greater. None less. Just love.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before in other threads, so here it is. I feel Rolands love was deeper, fore he carried her memory for the rest of his days. But, Susan was the one who needed Roland more. She had been through, and was currently in, hard times, and she needed someone to hold her to sanoty.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That seems to be a perfect description of him. Needs something big to chase....., I like it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I've said it before in other threads, so here it is.
    You have given me the thread idea.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I see,

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I've said it before in other threads, so here it is. I feel Rolands love was deeper, fore he carried her memory for the rest of his days.
    Well, to be obtuse, I don't think thats a very good basis for comparison Story - susan loved Roland 'til the end of her days too...unfortunately her days were markedly numbered

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that may be a bit on the strong side. I just felt, that Roland actually cared for her more, and she, like I said, just needed someone to hold her together. Then agian, they say you first love is the truest

*shrugs shoulders*

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

So his addiction was deeper than Eddie's... hmmm.. I like that.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if Eddie had a baboon, Roland had a Rhino.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Sinistar is on a distinguished road Sinistar's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So if Susan didn't have those internal issues, then Roland would've been less appealing to her? Maybe less of a forbidden fruit, per se? I'm sooooo confused!!!!
    "What have I become? My sweetest friend...everyone I know goes away in the end...and you can have it all...my empire of dirt...I will let you down...I will make you hurt..." --Trent Reznor

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Love is Love ......ahhhh amore!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Story - what I actually meant was, if you're judging how deep Roland's love for her was by his lasting memory of that love - then it's an unfair comparison because we can't measure Susan's love by time (because she died.)

Sinistar - I don't think Roland was forbidden fruit, more he just represented the things she craved in life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast