Hello, newbie here

I just finished the books a week or so ago. I'm late to this messageboard but I just wanted to post my opinion on Roland and Susan. I voted their love as hot but light. For me I didn't get anything that was so deep about their love. Love at first sight was what Roland did as like many other male characters in other "romance novels" have done. Susan fell in love with a boy who could take her out of Mejis so they came together. They both kept saying how they love thee but it was passionless to me. I noticed that their lovescenes were described mostly from Susan's pov. Also I think their love was missing some elements like laughter. They came together only to have sex. I guess *I* was expecting more a real deepness there. I'm brand new to the DT series so I was expecting R&S to be a little bit older and personally I do not find teen romances deep.

But since I love love love love Roland, so to him it was deep. I liked Roland little romance with Rosalita better. Hell I even liked him with Allie better than Susan because it was adult and cold but they weren't boring as I found R&S's romance to be. Just my two cents