Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A little over a month away. That new trailer got me hyped.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The trailer intensified both my hopes and my fears for the movie.

One thing's for sure - it will be the Zack Snyder-est Zack Snyder movie that ever Zack Snydered.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The trailer intensified both my hopes and my fears for the movie.

One thing's for sure - it will be the Zack Snyder-est Zack Snyder movie that ever Zack Snydered.

HBJ
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's an excellent way of putting it lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

People are building this Snyder cut up way too much.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Its going to be a beautiful disaster. Can't wait

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta say I don't see this being a success for a couple of reasons.

1. Abrams, is not the kind of film maker to build franchises with. To me he is more of a "One-Off" or re-boot kind of Producer/Director but not the kind of guy to build and sustain something like what, Marvel has done. I think, Warner needs to take a page out of the NFL coaching playbook and find someone who worked alongside or in close conjunction with, Kevin Fiege and entrust him with the project of establishiong and maintaining the DC Universe.

2. I don't thionk that "Race-bending" Superman at this time will prove to be successful. Primarily because Caucasian Superman was never really established since, Christopher Reeve was playing him back in the day. That's just my opinion of course, but I think they should try to establish a Caucasian version before they begin to try and introduce alternate versions of black, hispanic, asian or whatever culture versions of the character. Superman, is probably the oldest and most well known of super hero characters, but has not really been given a real chance to make the jump iconically like say, Iron Man or Spiderman has. Honestly, I also don't think its fair all around to continue to "Race-Bend" characters just for the sake of saying you're diversified. I think it would be better all around if instead as much time and effort was put into creating and maximizing true and original Black characters, Latino characters, etc, etc. I don't really see the sense in trying to sell traditionally white characters to the black culture. Instead establish Black heroes for the black culture like, Black Panther for instance. I think that is a much better way to go fopr the black, latino, asian communities than trying to convert white characters and sell them to the black/latino/asian communities. I believe they would find much greater success pursuing that line of thinking than just randomly placing a black/latino/asian face on a traditionally caucasian character. It seems to me that pursuing that line of thought is more beneficial to the identity of those communities than trying to disguise characters as "Diversified". Just my opinion of course, but I think it makes a lot more sense.

I don't really follow the DCU simply because they really haven't given me any reason to as yet. Aside from the, Nolan Batman films they've really kind of made a mess of it so far with the exception of a good film here or there that they failed to build upon. Foremost, they need someone with a vision like, Fiege to take the reins of this thing and run with it. And who would be better to do that than a disciple of Fiege looking to move ahead? Again, just my opinion and thoughts. What do you guys think? Any merit to my ideas?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think DC is interested in copying Feige's formula. They want to do different things. They're embracing the multiverse concept, but not like Marvel. It's a way for them to tell unconnected stories with different versions of characters. This way we can have Clark Kent on the CW and Cavill's Superman (for however long still) and then this new version, who's probably not even going to be Clark, etc. It makes sense for their universe.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, now they don't want to copy the formula. They tried and failed spectacularly. They tried to reverse engineer Marvel's formula by having the team-up film first and then solo films after but it blew up in their face.

They kinda wanted Snyder to be that Feige like Godfather of all things DC but the relative lack of success and critical panning of MoS/BVS + the unfortunate passing of his daughter kinda derailed those plans.

I'm hoping that the Flashpoint approach can galvanize the DC film world because they have a rich tapestry of characters in their stable and it would be a shame for them not to take advantage of all the stories at their disposal.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's never going to work out for DC. Superman is a boring character. He just is. Superheroes like Green Lantern and Flash are just blah. I don't know, the Marvel superheroes are just cooler. Except for Batman who is obviously amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. I like DC characters and comics better. But I like the MCU better as a movie franchise.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My body is ready for the Snyder cut.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This is great!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never saw the theatrical cut of Justice League. Should I watch the Snyder cut when it drops, or watch the theatrical cut first?

I'm just kidding, nobody should watch the theatrical cut!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

IGN's Justice League Review - 8/10

"The Theatrical Cut is dead. Long live The Snyder Cut."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I mean ... sure. But "insider" reviewers with early access are essentially part of Warner's marketing arm.

I'm not saying the movie won't be good, but you shouldn't trust what a used car salesman says about how much the car he's selling you is worth, either.

ETA: I'm sorry, that was very "grouchy old man" of me. I don't mean to ruin anyone's buzz for the movie - I'm looking forward to it myself. I just don't hold much stock in these opinions.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel you, but IGN in particular isn't some blogger with a twitter account looking for clout, they're a fairly large and reputable media entertainment website.

Now whether or not IGN tends to look at pop-culture fare through rose colored glasses, that's something to be debated...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This all sounds extremely promising!!! Way to go, Gracie!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast