Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which was pretty ironic, what with the "S" supposedly standing for "Hope" and all...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Moar like
    Hope you don't kill us all Superman!
    AMIRITE!?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I have to agree to disagree here. Superman himself didn't kill anyone except Zod. The fallout from the two fighting probably killed people, but if you watch the movie again you'll see that Superman is always trying to force Zod out of the city, he's just not strong enough to do so. Personally I think people have this idea of what Superman is from his early comics and from the Christopher Reeves movies, that they don't actually know what the superman of the last 10 - 15 years (maybe longer) is like. I've always scene collateral damage in the comics, and most of the time they don't show the people being saved.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Executing Zod in Superman #22 was one of the deepest character conflicts of the era. That movie didn't go to sufficient lengths to properly deal with it. The old Superman movies were dogged by an idea at the time that movie audiences couldn't take superheroes too seriously and so self-mockery should be inserted. However, we've now reached an extreme on the opposite where everyone is expected to take to comic book media tropes even if they really are not that good. Not only was this Man of Steel too dark, it was too reliant on visuals, too non-linear, too loud, fast, and shallow.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I have to agree to disagree here. Superman himself didn't kill anyone except Zod. The fallout from the two fighting probably killed people, but if you watch the movie again you'll see that Superman is always trying to force Zod out of the city, he's just not strong enough to do so. Personally I think people have this idea of what Superman is from his early comics and from the Christopher Reeves movies, that they don't actually know what the superman of the last 10 - 15 years (maybe longer) is like. I've always scene collateral damage in the comics, and most of the time they don't show the people being saved.
    I've read tons of Superman comics, new and old (though less so since the New 52), watched the animated series, as well as Lois and Clark, Smallville, all of DCs animated movies, the Reeve movies, the Reeves serial (bits anyway), and the old 1940's Max Fleischer cartoons. None of them are specifically sacred cows to me, maybe the Fleischer cartoons, but all represented Superman more or less with consistency. However the last two atrocities of Superman films shat all over the character and what he represented.

And that's in addition to the problems outline by pathoftheturtle. It's a classic case of style over substance, which isn't always bad, but Snyder sometimes gets carried away. Watchmen was a perfect balance, Man of Steel was flashy, shallow, CG filled garbage.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Catman?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I've read tons of Superman comics, new and old (though less so since the New 52), watched the animated series, as well as Lois and Clark, Smallville, all of DCs animated movies, the Reeve movies, the Reeves serial (bits anyway), and the old 1940's Max Fleischer cartoons. None of them are specifically sacred cows to me, maybe the Fleischer cartoons, but all represented Superman more or less with consistency. However the last two atrocities of Superman films shat all over the character and what he represented.

And that's in addition to the problems outline by pathoftheturtle. It's a classic case of style over substance, which isn't always bad, but Snyder sometimes gets carried away. Watchmen was a perfect balance, Man of Steel was flashy, shallow, CG filled garbage.
    I guess I just don't get all the hate. I'm not saying it was a good movie, but I don't think it was a bad movie. I also wasn't accusing anyone here specifically of not reading Superman or knowing anything about the character. I just feel arguments like "He didn't save anyone" and "He killed tons of people" or even just "He killed Zod" aren't really good arguments and generally, but not always just come from a place of ignorance. Honestly I don't particularly like the movie, but I don't really dislike it either.

I think my main problem with the movie as a whole, isn't how dark it is, isn't all the CGI (I don't really know how you do a good Superman movie without the CGI), and it certainly wasn't the violence / destruction. It was just as a whole the story was a bit weak, and almost all of these origin stories tend to be. That and my one main gripe with the whole movie is how they killed Jonathan Kent. I always liked it better when he was either alive or died of something like a heart attack, as that's something Superman can't save him from.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

From that picture it looks like a cross between the tumbler and the Forever batmobile...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't look bad. Nothing mind blowing either though.

I think it looks pretty good for a behind the scenes shot. I feel like these shots never really do this stuff justice, there's so much touching up that's done in post they never really look the same. It actually reminds me a little of the real life version they made for the Batman Arkham Knight game.

http://i.imgur.com/7833U7r.jpg

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks pretty good for a behind the scenes shot. I feel like these shots never really do this stuff justice, there's so much touching up that's done in post they never really look the same. It actually reminds me a little of the real life version they made for the Batman Arkham Knight game.

http://i.imgur.com/7833U7r.jpg
    I agree. I am impressed... Imagine when Hollywood has their team "polish" this up? I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Arkham Knight batmobile is beautiful. The mounted machine gun is a bit much though.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Arkham Knight batmobile is beautiful. The mounted machine gun is a bit much though.
    I agree, though knowing how those games play, I'm sure it'll play out nicely.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Oh...

Em...

Gee...

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, no reaction to this awesome and amazing trailer? Well here is some:

Soo good. I absolutely can't wait for it. People criticize the tone of these movies, but I actually really like the contrast in tone from what Marvel is doing. I think if DC did the same we'd get burnt out on these super hero movies really quickly. I was really skeptical of Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor when they announced it, but man after this trailer I really think he can pull it off in a fantastic way.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That trailer was beautiful.

My only concern is that it's going to end up being overstuffed. Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman.. there's going to have to be a very careful equilibrium here.

That suit that Bats is wearing in the desert sequence looks very Gotham By Gaslight ish.

Country
    Country Flag

I loved it. If this is a good story.... this could be epic!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oh yea, though all these movies have a lot to juggle. At it's core though this isn't really a Batman or Superman movie, it's a Justice League prequel. Did anyone catch this awesome shot? This movie universe has or at least had a Robin.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New Suicide Squad trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast