Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I see what you mean, fair point.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's one pathetic looking Joker. Waxed chest, tattoos and gold(?) teeth? Get the fuck out of here.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

^ From 1990, after they realized that taking a teen in just red, green, and yellow to stakeouts where he hid himself in the shadows made Batman a real ass.
    Most young boys could perfectly well identify with the fantasy of Bob Kane before they added his sidekick to the story, so he's an odd character fundamentally. Maybe that's why Burton's Batman can't touch the cheese of the movies which Robin was used in.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post

It almost looks like The Joker is a pastiche of himself, as if someone read the comics and decided to get his grin and the trademark "Ha ha ha ha" tattooed, rather the Joker himself.
    You're so right. Would be great as a gang member if they were making a movie out of "Batman Beyond."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing some real interesting discussion of Batman by people who know their stuff. I agree that there can't be one definitive interpretation of the character (or The Joker, or Catwoman, or any one of them), but we all have our preferences. I grew up with Burton's Batman and the Animated Series, and so that dark and gothic look is what draws me in, as opposed to the gritty and oppressive look of the Nolan trilogy, or the pure cheese and camp of the '60s Batman or Schumacher's. I'm very anxiously awaiting both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad (Batman apparently will make an appearance), and then of course Justice League. I'm hoping for a new take. I've been really enjoying Gotham on TV, by the way, because even though it's also very realistic, I kinda feel it leans more back toward the '80s-'90s Batman. In my view, anyway.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I am very sad to see the largely overhyped Nolan Batman trilogy get all the spotlight when it comes to my favorite comic book character. Burton's Batman (in Batman and Batman Returns), to me, is the definitive version of Batman.
    Love seeing some real interesting discussion of Batman by people who know their stuff. I agree that there can't be one definitive interpretation of the character (or The Joker, or Catwoman, or any one of them)...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did qualify that with "to me". The second time I meant a general definitive interpretation for everyone.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't touched Gotham. I'm not much for watching series week to week. Prefer to sesh them as a whole. I do watch Arrow from time to time though, and it's hilarious how they essentially turned Ollie into Bruce Wayne, both in attitude and his villains (this season's been all Ra's).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

^ From 1990, after they realized that taking a teen in just red, green, and yellow to stakeouts where he hid himself in the shadows made Batman a real ass.
    Most young boys could perfectly well identify with the fantasy of Bob Kane before they added his sidekick to the story, so he's an odd character fundamentally. Maybe that's why Burton's Batman can't touch the cheese of the movies which Robin was used in.

It almost looks like The Joker is a pastiche of himself, as if someone read the comics and decided to get his grin and the trademark "Ha ha ha ha" tattooed, rather the Joker himself.
    You're so right. Would be great as a gang member if they were making a movie out of "Batman Beyond."
    Which would be damn cool actually. The full length animated feature, Return of the Joker rocked. A live action adaptation of it mixed with Terry's origin would be bad ass.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I am very sad to see the largely overhyped Nolan Batman trilogy get all the spotlight when it comes to my favorite comic book character. Burton's Batman (in Batman and Batman Returns), to me, is the definitive version of Batman.
    Love seeing some real interesting discussion of Batman by people who know their stuff. I agree that there can't be one definitive interpretation of the character (or The Joker, or Catwoman, or any one of them)...
    I did qualify that with "to me". The second time I meant a general definitive interpretation for everyone.
    Oh, I love splitting semantics! It's not that the character is totally undefinable, it's just that reactions are bound to be mixed now if adaptations do not draw from different sources. I can see hoping that more of the 90s style will be brought back, I cannot see why you would want the more recent success to not also have influence going forward. Not entirely, anyway -- I did feel that toward the end of Nolan's trilogy, certain parts were too staged and superficial. I'll take the weird backstory of a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman over neat bike and cool accessories for the action figure any day.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't touched GoTham. I'm not much for watching series week to week.
    You'd probably be better off by dramatically lowering your expectations better starting it.

Country
    Country Flag

More Harley Quinn:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What a baaaaabbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look like something straight out of The Warriors...

Country
    Country Flag

And how about this babe:

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Look like something straight out of The Warriors...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And how about this babe:

I think this is awesome on so many levels. Ben will kill this I believe it 100% and I think all the haters will eat their words. Want to hear something cool? He is at a Buddist Temple about an hour from me right now. LOL Its on the news. And I am in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Look up the Cape Breton Highlands. One of the most amazing places on earth!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn look at that sexy ass butt chin LOL

There is very little doubt in my mind that Batfleck will kill it. And besides, I learned my lesson about judging actors prematurely after Heath Ledger's phenomenal performance in The Dark Knight.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There is very little doubt in my mind that Batfleck will kill it. And besides, I learned my lesson about judging actors prematurely after Heath Ledger's phenomenal performance in The Dark Knight.
    Bat-Chin?

But yes I agree, I learnt my lesson when I shit talked Heath.

More Harley Quinn:

I highly approve!

A couple of my favourite pieces in my collection:

Grey-scale Harley Quinn from Tommy Castillo

Not Batman related, but damn if I don't love it.

Doctor Fate is one of my favourite characters, and George is such an iconographic comic artist, and a super nice dude to boot. So was Tommy actually, he didn't normally do original art at the Con's but made an exception, what a killer dude.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Doctor Fate, Theli! Yeah, Pérez is the man.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I always knew he was a good actor, tho, and BB was already a good set up.

Whereas MoS stinks in so many ways.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

I always knew he was a good actor, tho, and BB was already a good set up.

Whereas MoS stinks in so many ways.
    Yeah it sure does, and somehow it's predecessor, Superman Returns, may have stunk even more!

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I think Man of Steel gets a bad rap because it wasn't the Christopher Reeves superman, which realistically isn't a superman that would work on screen today. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't really think those movies hold up.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I think Man of Steel gets a bad rap because it wasn't the Christopher Reeves superman, which realistically isn't a superman that would work on screen today. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't really think those movies hold up.
    It's because it's not Superman at all. He kills so many people in that movie. And because the film is mostly just heartless cg. All style and no substance, does not work for the big S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast