Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It was the highpoint of the evening for me.

It was great that his family accepted.

Congrats Heath !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Along the Path of the Beam Mai is on a distinguished road Mai's Avatar

I live in Midway. It is south of the river from Kingston Tennessee
    Country
    Country Flag

It was very cool for him to win an oscar after his death. And even better that his family accepted.

My Mood
    Gay

And... the Academy has already said that the Oscar will be given to Matilda when she turns 18 ( and can therefore legally sign the contract agreement with the Academy ). Officially, it will be held for her in trust. The perfect resolution.

Heath - I miss you, but am so proud of what you gave us all in your short time here. Your Oscar is well deserved.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well deserved indeed!

R.I.P Heath.

Along the Path of the Beam Mai is on a distinguished road Mai's Avatar

I live in Midway. It is south of the river from Kingston Tennessee
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Heath Ledger was a great actor.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Did Heath die in 2008 or end of 2007 because I didn't see his name in the clips of those who died this year on the awards show.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Gay

He was featured in last years In Memorium.

Heath Ledger Died At Age 28 on 01/22/2008.... so they featured him on last years show, which was unusual, but at the time - it needed to be done. He got a roaring round of applause.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

OK, that was what I was thinking but I couldn't really remember
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a cool thing that I had no idea about. :O I'll have to check my DVD when I get home to see if it's true, and if I can spot it. I love this guy's sense of humor.

I don't know if this can even be considered an easter egg or not but I found a little something... please excuse me if this has already been noted ad nauseum by others but I just noticed it and thought I would pass it on...

I read a couple of comments about "The Joker" sitting behind Harvey Dent in the resturant scene in the Dark Knight. While I did think it looked like Ledger from behind, you never saw the person turn around. And it surely wasn't meant to be part of the story that the Joker was there.

Anyway, when I rec'd my DVD I checked out the scene and was surprised to find it does appear to be Ledger. You can see his face earlier in the scene quite plainly. But NOT as the Joker.

Just a little fan extra I guess.

If you want to find it...It's at the very beginning of the scene when Harvey and Rachael are being seated. Ledger is in the lower right corner eating.

(shakes head) I have no life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read that before, over at IMDB. Someone responded that it's not Heath, just an extra that bares a striking resemblance. I need to check it out for myself though.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a pic I found, you can decide for yourself:
    http://www.eeggs.com/images/items/3268.full.jpg

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not showing up...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Not showing up...
    Argh, not for me either. I'll just post the link:
    http://www.eeggs.com/images/items/3268.full.jpg

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

403 Error - Forbidden
    We're not sure what happened, but you clicked on a bad link! If you found a broken link on our site, please let us know!

!!

I'll just check out the movie when I get home.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Here's the pic.

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Gay

Everything I read said that there were absolutely NO doubles used for Heath in TDK. That he completed all his scenes. There were some sound issues but that was cleaned up in Post ( Heath never completed looping ).

I would love to know if this isn't true ( ie - they used a double ).

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think they did use a double for him at all. What this here tomfoolery is about is that some folks are saying that Heath sat in the restaurant scene as an extra just as an easter egg for fun, kind of like Anthony Daniels appeared as an actual human for a few seconds in Star Wars Episode II.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh. My bad.
    I mis-read what was happening.
    ( and got all uppity about it )
    Sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh. My bad.
    I mis-read what was happening.
    ( and got all uppity about it )
    Sorry.
    Totally ok, no worries at all!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No Batman 3 for Nolan?
    Report claims threequel not a given for the director.
    by Jim Vejvoda

June 16, 2009 - Although the conventional wisdom has been that Christopher Nolan would be back to direct Batman 3 after helming his next film, Inception, the rumor mill now suggests that Nolan's involvement with the sequel to The Dark Knight might not be a given after all.

A trusted industry source for Batman-on-Film claims that it is going to take a herculean effort on the part of Warner Bros. to sell Nolan on doing a third Bat-film, confirming an old rumor that the studio has indeed compiled a short list of replacement candidates. So why is Nolan reportedly iffy on directing the film?

"The death of Heath Ledger in January of 2008 rocked Mr. Nolan hard. So hard that Chris was convinced that TDK was going to be it for him and Batman on film," according to BoF's source, adding that the Joker was envisioned as the villain in the third film.

The source also informed the site that BoF is "correct in reporting that (Nolan) is developing story ideas with [Jonathan Nolan] and David Goyer, but it will be until AT LEAST 2012 before we see the Caped Crusader back [in theaters]. And that is only an EARLY ESTIMATE at best right now. They are even saying it might not be until 2013."

BoF's source went so far as to say that, as of now, there is no story for Batman 3

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't think they'd rush things, especially how they left The Dark Knight. How you resolve that ending has got to be very good.

My Mood
    Gay

Christian Bale review for the movie Public Enemies where he plays FBI agent Melvin Purvis :

Ouch

Country
    Country Flag

and, of course, every time he asks where someone is, he's gotta yell it at the top of his lungs from now on.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast