Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not necessarily. It wouldn't be right for him to let events limit his creativity, but there's no good in being narrow-minded. They just need to be wise about new directions.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The thing is, the Joker left such an irrefutable dent on the psych of Gotham's citizens, it would be ludicrous not to include him in the third film.

Well, there's no saying they won't mention him, or make reference to him, just that he won't be in the film as a character, right?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Riddle Me This
    When is an Inception co-star like a Batman 3 villain?
    June 9, 2010

When is an actor like a Batman 3 villain? When he's also in Christopher Nolan's new movie, Inception.

Movieline points out a report at their sister site, Hollywood Life, that claims Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nolan's "first pick" to play the Riddler in Batman 3.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," the site's purported insider claims. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

The site's source continued, "It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

The rumor mill first churned out Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name in relation to Batman 3 as a possible replacement for the late Heath Ledger's Joker, but Nolan recently dismissed the idea of recasting the role and said the Joker will not return in any sequels.

If he is indeed cast as the Riddler -- that is if the Riddler is even the villain in Batman 3 -- then it wouldn't be Gordon-Levitt's first turn as a comic book villain. He played Cobra Commander in last summer's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The Riddler...could be interesting. He'll certainly be quite a change from the chaos of the Joker in TDK. People in the webs say he's a good villain for Nolan to work with. In the incarnations of the Riddler I've seen--BTAS, Forever, the Hush comic, as well as The Long Halloween and Dark Victory and Joker--he seems like he could be interesting. At the same time, in all the aforementioned titles, it felt as if he were lacking something...in BTAS I recall him being involved in a sci-fi heavy plot. In TLH and DV he was pretty much a rat, and I didn't care for the younger take on the character in Joker.

Perhaps he could be trying to understand why Batman does what he does. What drives him in his war on crime? Or perhaps he has some sort of inferiority complex that leads to the developement of a mindset where he believes that only the intelligent deserve to live.

I imagine Nolan will come up with something interesting for the character. Or maybe Riddler isn't the villain...for all we know, he could go and announce that Prometheus is the villain! That'd be one out of the left field.

Finally, is anyone else in the minority that doesn't want Catwoman in the movie? If Nolan feels a love interest is needed, Andrea Beaumont aka The Phantasm could be interesting. She's got ties to the mob and has an interesting costume and backstory. I suggested this on another site and was pretty much e-drawn and quartered.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Confirmed !?!?

The Riddler announced as Batman 3 villain
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt a prime candidate for The Riddler.

The Riddler has been announced as the villain of the third instalment of the Batman series from a studio casting grid.

The last movie in the franchise, The Dark Knight, was a big success with The Joker as the antagonist played by Heath Ledger. In the 1995 classic ‘Batman Forever’ directed by Joel Schumacher, The Riddler was played by Jim Carrey.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been a rumoured candidate for the role after his association with director Christopher Nolan, having worked together recently in Inception. But there are still speculations of the 29 year old to be playing the role, as the film producers want the age range for the character to be 35-45.

Batman 3 will be released in 2012, followed by Superman. Reports also say that Batman 3 could be shot entirely in IMAX.

Source.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm still being completely unreasonable and just hope that David Tennant gets to play the Riddler. Don't get me wrong, I love everything I've seen JGL in, but David Tennant was born to play a role like the Riddler!

And Tennant fits the age range perfectly! Fingers crossed!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I feel about JGL being The Riddler.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one am thrilled to see what JGL can bring to the character if this does come to fruition. This role could do for him what The Joker did for Ledger, may he rest in peace.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Leonardo DiCaprio & Tom Hardy Join Joseph GordonIn The Riddler Competition
    Posted by Admin Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:14 AM

With Christopher Nolan behind the next "Batman" movie, taking part in the film could be a dream for every performer. Words on the street are, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt who have worked with him in "Inception" are longing to star in untitled Batman 3 project.

The three actors are allegedly battling to play The Ridder in "The Dark Knight" sequel. Comic Book Movie, which obtains the information from an inside source, reports that Warner Bros. allows Nolan to hire one of the actors because of the extra publicity and attention it would bring to the movie as they were praised for their performances in "Inception".

While DiCaprio and Hardy are just added to the list of potential depicter of the movie's villain, Levitt has been linked to the role for quite some time. His status was just listed as "interested" on the list which reportedly mentioned The Riddler as a character which will appear in the upcoming film.

Christopher Nolan is expected to return to the directing seat of "Batman 3" which script is being written by Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer. Warner Bros. has secured July 20, 2012 slot for the U.S. release.

As of late, Leonardo DiCaprio was said deciding not to star in untitled Viking project which will be produced by Mel Gibson. The "Titanic" star, however, is on board for producing Catherine Hardwicke-directed thriller "Red Riding Hood".

Tom Hardy, who is possibly best known for playing the title role in British film "Bronson", is set to take a lead role in "Mad Max: Fury Road". He additionally will co-star Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine in "This Means War".

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, in the meantime, has landed roles in such films as "500 Days of Summer" and "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". He is currently in production for "Premium Rush" and will be soon seen in "Hesher" in which he stars as the title character.

Source.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm....interesting article. Why couldn't Nolan throw Ellen Page into the mix too?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I love JGL as well, but I'm not sure about him as the Riddler. That being said, I don't like any of the names thrown up there. IDK, maybe they can cast me in it instead, I'd like that.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Gay

Let's see Nolan do something bold like cast a woman as the Riddler?

ETA: Which, I guess, is kind of what Ricky suggested.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Only, I was being sarcastic.

Now, I bet Oprah could pull it off. Please welcome BRUCE WAYYYYYYNEE!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I love JGL as well, but I'm not sure about him as the Riddler. That being said, I don't like any of the names thrown up there. IDK, maybe they can cast me in it instead, I'd like that.
    Have you seen Inception ? Tom Hardy is a beast in that movie. He has definitely has the acting chops required to pull it off, maybe he just needs to slim down a little.

My Mood
    Gay

TDK hits 1 Billion Worldwide Gross -
    Worldwide: $1,001,921,825

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A film about a billionaire makes a billion dollars. Nice

My Mood
    Gay

Kinda poetic.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine those billion dollars just happen to get stolen by a guy wearing one of these

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

aahhhh!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

A thread to discuss Christopher Nolan's trilogy capping Batman film, TDKR !

A few images / articles / clips to wet your respective appetites

Images

Bane

Characters for the film

Bane and his army.

Showdown.

Trailers / TV Spots

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #3

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #2

The Dark Knight Rises TV Spot #6

The Dark Knight Rises TV Spot #3

I can't believe that we're only a month away from this ! I'm stopping by the IMAX theater near my house this monday (tickets go on sale) and reserving my spot for opening day!

Please note that once the film is out, I will add a *spoiler* tag to the thread so that those who watch it can come in here and discuss it freely without having to hide the spoiler portion of their posts.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have purposely not watched a single trailer for this yet. I've always wanted to do this with a movie I really wanted to see. The suspense is fuggin killing me.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I KNOW ME TOO

I'm taking that day off work to watch it! I don't want anything (i.e 'work') getting in the way of that epic day hahaha

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Feev, as the resident Batman fan on this board, any comic recommendations to give us, for fans of the Nolan trilogy, any recommendations comic wise we should check out? I've just started thinking about this, since I started reading Knightfall, and Bane looks set to be a really fucking awesome villain, and unlike Batman & Robin, seems to be not just another heavy thug but possibly Batman's intellectual equal. He's basically his Moriarty: a villain specifically designed to be awesome enough to either kill or at least destroy the hero in some crucial way. So any recommendations to make to us non-comic readers?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh absolutely! Apart from the aforementioned Knightfall, which is part of a trilogy

Knightfall 1 - Broken Bat
    Knightfall 2 - Who Rules The Night
    Knightfall 3 - Knights End

You can also scope out Batman vs Bane which was just released this year, it seems that this comic was created specifically for those planning on watching that wish to know a bit more about Bane's origins

Batman vs Bane

And although he isn't the specific focus of this story, he has some very cool scenes in No Man's Land.

No Man's Land

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the separate thread, feev! I am getting excited as well. I've seen all the trailers and the majority of TV spots, but staying away from spoilers and theories.

Hopefully I'll post my pics. from the Tumbler Tour here some time this week.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast