Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does this have a chance in hell of living up to the hype???

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Does this have a chance in hell of living up to the hype???
    I think it depends a lot on what your expectations are. Some people love Snyder’s style and vision for the franchise, so they are hoping for something amazing. A lot of those people will love it no matter what.

Personally, i’m not much of a fan of Man of steel or Batman versus superman, but I am interested in where Snyder was going with the series. The theatrical justice league clearly wasn’t it, based on the information we have about the Snyder cut. So I’ll consider it a success if it is markedly different from the theatrical release. If it’s bad, at least it will be bad in the ways Snyder intended. That’s interesting to me.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't summon any excitement for this. But I haven't seen Justice League yet, so...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman (although the first hour was mucho slow), Justice League, and I don't quite understand the hate for these movies. I'm excited because the trailer for the Snyder cut is snippets of all new scenes. Yay!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So now they're just doing whatever the MCU does?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Zack Snyder's Justice League Rated R for violence and language

In 1978, Richard Donner’s Superman featured the now-famous tagline, “You will believe a man can fly.” Now, more than 40 years later, here comes Zack Snyder’s Justice League, a film that will make you believe Batman can say “fuck.” Because the Snyder Cut, as all the kids call it, is officially rated R. Of course, this isn’t the first R-rated superhero movie – not by a long shot. But it’s yet more proof that Snyder’s take on these characters is geared towards adults, just in case you needed another reminder.

You have to admit: the novelty of an R-rated superhero movie has kind of worn off at this point. Yes, there was a time when such an idea was considered unthinkable, but we’re well beyond that by now. Nonetheless, it’s still newsworthy to note that Zack Snyder’s Justice League, aka the Snyder Cut, now has an official R rating. The rating comes from FilmRatings.com, which notes that the flick is “Rated R for violence and some language.”

Some language?! Look out, kids! The Flash might say “shit” or something like that! Anyway, this news will no doubt be widely embraced by the very vocal Snyder Cut fanbase, all of whom like to loudly proclaim that Snyder’s superhero movies aren’t for kids, god damn it! They’re serious movies for serious adults! And god help you if you disagree.

The Snyder Cut has had a very strange journey to the screen. The story has too many twists and turns to adequately recount, but here’s the gist: Zack Snyder was the original director of Justice League, but stepped away from the project due to personal reasons. Snyder was replaced by Joss Whedon. And while Snyder is still the credited director of the Justice League that was released in 2017, a lot of the film features stuff reshot by Whedon.

Because of this, Snyder’s ardent fans started swearing up and down that a fabled Snyder Cut existed. That it was 100% ready to go, and all Warner Bros. had to do was release it. This, of course, turned out to not be entirely true. Yes, Snyder had the footage he shot. And yes, there was a rough cut assembled and shown to studio execs before he left the film. But the Snyder Cut, at least as the fandom understood it, didn’t really exist. Not in a final edited form.

That all changed when Warner Bros. decided to launch its own streaming service, HBO Max. Realizing it could draw in subscribers with the promise of the Snyder Cut, HBO Max announced the film would arrive in 2021, and they gave Snyder a whopping $70 million to finish the film. Since then, the director has been cutting together his footage and shot two new scenes, or “bits” as he called them.

And now here we are, with an R-rated, 240-minute-long film that will hit HBO Max on March 18, 2021.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Zack Snyder's Justice League Rated R for violence and language

In 1978, Richard Donner’s Superman featured the now-famous tagline, “You will believe a man can fly.” Now, more than 40 years later, here comes Zack Snyder’s Justice League, a film that will make you believe Batman can say “fuck.” Because the Snyder Cut, as all the kids call it, is officially rated R. Of course, this isn’t the first R-rated superhero movie – not by a long shot. But it’s yet more proof that Snyder’s take on these characters is geared towards adults, just in case you needed another reminder.

You have to admit: the novelty of an R-rated superhero movie has kind of worn off at this point. Yes, there was a time when such an idea was considered unthinkable, but we’re well beyond that by now. Nonetheless, it’s still newsworthy to note that Zack Snyder’s Justice League, aka the Snyder Cut, now has an official R rating. The rating comes from FilmRatings.com, which notes that the flick is “Rated R for violence and some language.”

Some language?! Look out, kids! The Flash might say “shit” or something like that! Anyway, this news will no doubt be widely embraced by the very vocal Snyder Cut fanbase, all of whom like to loudly proclaim that Snyder’s superhero movies aren’t for kids, god damn it! They’re serious movies for serious adults! And god help you if you disagree.

The Snyder Cut has had a very strange journey to the screen. The story has too many twists and turns to adequately recount, but here’s the gist: Zack Snyder was the original director of Justice League, but stepped away from the project due to personal reasons. Snyder was replaced by Joss Whedon. And while Snyder is still the credited director of the Justice League that was released in 2017, a lot of the film features stuff reshot by Whedon.

Because of this, Snyder’s ardent fans started swearing up and down that a fabled Snyder Cut existed. That it was 100% ready to go, and all Warner Bros. had to do was release it. This, of course, turned out to not be entirely true. Yes, Snyder had the footage he shot. And yes, there was a rough cut assembled and shown to studio execs before he left the film. But the Snyder Cut, at least as the fandom understood it, didn’t really exist. Not in a final edited form.

That all changed when Warner Bros. decided to launch its own streaming service, HBO Max. Realizing it could draw in subscribers with the promise of the Snyder Cut, HBO Max announced the film would arrive in 2021, and they gave Snyder a whopping $70 million to finish the film. Since then, the director has been cutting together his footage and shot two new scenes, or “bits” as he called them.

And now here we are, with an R-rated, 240-minute-long film that will hit HBO Max on March 18, 2021.
    Oh, this I gotta see!! If only to be able to say 'Yeah, I saw it". lol Does anyone seriously think this will be a good version? To me it seems to have disaster written all over it, but maybe, just maybe it could turn up smelling like roses. What are you guys' thoughts on this film?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

It should be better than the version we got. Even though I liked it well enough, they only used about 25% of Snyder's footage and changed the story. So this will essentially be a whole new movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It should be better than the version we got. Even though I liked it well enough, they only used about 25% of Snyder's footage and changed the story. So this will essentially be a whole new movie.
    Okay, well that raises my hopes. I wonder if they correct that whole "Doomsday" plot in this new version? I suppose it would be tough to do that, but it was one of my major beef's with the original film. I mean there was an entire, multiple books storyline about the "Death of Superman" (That was part of the whole "Comic Book Collecting" phase back in the day) that revolved around "Doomsday" I happen to have "Fine" copies of every one of those comics by the way as well as an un-used Comic Book Store 24" x 24" window sticker. I have the "Death Issue" and rebirth "Superman's" all framed as well. One of my more treasured collections for my son and grandson. Also have the entire "Carnage" run as well, but that's for another thread. lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have this bastard of a book (1400+ pages, damn, lol) sitting on my shelf, easily the biggest graphic novel I have in a collection of 1500+

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh, this I gotta see!! If only to be able to say 'Yeah, I saw it". lol Does anyone seriously think this will be a good version? To me it seems to have disaster written all over it, but maybe, just maybe it could turn up smelling like roses. What are you guys' thoughts on this film?
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I honestly have no idea what to expect from Snyder Cut at this point lmao. Honestly as long as it's not a trainwreck I'll be happy.

I'm one of those people that actually enjoyed Josstice League despite its flaws, and if SC can improve on that, that's all I can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I have this bastard of a book (1400+ pages, damn, lol) sitting on my shelf, easily the biggest graphic novel I have in a collection of 1500+

Spoiler:
    That's a beyoot. I stopped collecting Ominbuses because they're too bulky and uncomfortable to hold while trying to read. You pretty much need to be sitting down at a desk to read one and I feel like a bible scholar going through ancient text

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, I have the very same book!! I believe it came out right after the comic series completed. It's not nearly as much fun (IMO) as the comics themselves or collecting them as they came out. I fondly remember trudging to the Comic book store with my son and discussing the series as we went to purchase the newest edition. We did the same thing for the Marvel "Carnage" story. Good times indeed!!

My previous post not withstanding, I hope that the SC improves on the original as well. I really kind of enjoyed JL for the most part, but the whole "Doomsday" thing really, really put me off on the film. I thought it was as unnecessary a plot twist as, Kubrick introducing and immediately killing, Halloran in "The Shining". Simply no basis for it and why fuck with an awesome storyline like that for no apparent reason? I'll be watching the SC with my fingers crossed!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think the Snyder Cut will probably be better, and more interesting, than the theatrical cut. If nothing else, it will reflect where Snyder was headed with the third film of his DC series (even if it still won't quite be what he may have wanted, originally planning for two films).

The biggest danger I see is that it might be overly long, self-indulgent, self-important and pretentious. Whether it succeeds for me depends on whether it works because of (or despite) these traits.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The biggest danger I see is that it might be overly long, self-indulgent, self-important and pretentious.
    It's Snyder we're talking about here, of course it's going to be all of these things!

But hey as long as there's some great teamwork fights and Batman f bombs, I'm all for it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, wait there's no Doomsday in the Snyder Cut? The Baddie is Apokolips? A different film altogether?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Originally I thought Darkseid was going to the the villain (although maybe that was in the two-film scheme, and Steppenwolf was the villain in part one). I hadn't heard that Snyder changed to a different villain altogether when the film was reduced to one part. I just assumed he abandoned Darkseid.

If it's neither, then it will really be very different.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My understanding was that SCJL would feature Darkseid a lot more, with a redesigned Steppenwolf repeating as the main baddie. Is that not the case?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My understanding was that SCJL would feature Darkseid a lot more, with a redesigned Steppenwolf repeating as the main baddie. Is that not the case?
    Thought I saw and heard, Apokolips but I could be wrong.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Zack Snyder has originally envisioned Justice League as two films. The first one Darkseid would pull the strings, while Steppenwolf set him up to act as the main baddy in the 2nd. The Joss Whedon version pretty much cut all that stuff out, so I believe Snyder is restoring those original scenes of Darkseid, and his planet of Apokolips that he rules.

I think these scenes are pretty much going to be just like Thanos in the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy. They'll show Steppenwolf reporting to him, Darkseid making some plays, and establishing his army and planet

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Zack Snyder has originally envisioned Justice League as two films. The first one Darkseid would pull the strings, while Steppenwolf set him up to act as the main baddy in the 2nd. The Joss Whedon version pretty much cut all that stuff out, so I believe Snyder is restoring those original scenes of Darkseid, and his planet of Apokolips that he rules.

I think these scenes are pretty much going to be just like Thanos in the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy. They'll show Steppenwolf reporting to him, Darkseid making some plays, and establishing his army and planet

Well, "Duh" that clears that up!!! Thanks, Kongo!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast