Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    This is what Hollywood gets politicizing comic book movies.
    I don't think it has anything to do with Hollywood. They are connecting the fact that the first shooting took place during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises and that some people gave the shooter the nickname "Joker" because of his odd behavior and his bright orange hair. So now that a movie about that specific character is being made, they are worried that some copycat will take action.

It's kind of like worrying that there will be a bunch of school shootings on 4/20 every year because that's the day Columbine happened. It's a huge stretch IMO.

Even in the memo that was sent out they've said there was not "any information indicating a specific, credible threat to a particular location or venue."

I'm not saying for sure nothing will happen, but they are freaking people out over nothing at this point.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with Hollywood. They are connecting the fact that the first shooting took place during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises and that some people gave the shooter the nickname "Joker" because of his odd behavior and his bright orange hair. So now that a movie about that specific character is being made, they are worried that some copycat will take action.

It's kind of like worrying that there will be a bunch of school shootings on 4/20 every year because that's the day Columbine happened. It's a huge stretch IMO.

Even in the memo that was sent out they've said there was not "any information indicating a specific, credible threat to a particular location or venue."

I'm not saying for sure nothing will happen, but they are freaking people out over nothing at this point.
    Mainstream Hollywood films have become a battleground of staunch feminists and diversity promoters versus incels, misogynists and racists. Haven't you seen the vitriol over Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel? This movie is being heralded as the mainstream Hollywood film that is the opposite of those previous films. The connection to the aurora shooting is only because the families of those victims spoke up recently. The backlash against this film goes further back than that and the outrage is centred evil white young men being inspired by the film.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Mainstream Hollywood films have become a battleground of staunch feminists and diversity promoters versus incels, misogynists and racists. Haven't you seen the vitriol over Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel? This movie is being heralded as the mainstream Hollywood film that is the opposite of those previous films. The connection to the aurora shooting is only because the families of those victims spoke up recently. The backlash against this film goes further back than that and the outrage is centred evil white young men being inspired by the film.
    The vitriol against the Ghostbusters movie was because it's bad. Not because it was re-booted with female characters. Most of that backlash is a very small minority being very loud.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus christ, can't a movie just be a fucking movie anymore.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The vitriol against the Ghostbusters movie was because it's bad. Not because it was re-booted with female characters. Most of that backlash is a very small minority being very loud.
    I agree, but the media, the cast, and the filmmakers leapt on it as a rally cry. Now movies are ways to rally behind politically messages and to support social causes and for us to yell at each other and pick sides over vapid, Hollywood shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito
    Jesus christ, can't a movie just be a fucking movie anymore.

No. That's not allowed. All films are about politics now and if they're not we'll make them about politics.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A component of this is that ever-growing "incel" community. The involuntary celibate men that are out for blood because of rejection from women.

Men like this guy....

Toronto van driver said he 'accomplished my mission' after 10 pedestrians died in attack

The attack drew attention to an online world of sexual loneliness, rage and misogyny after the suspect invoked an uprising by "involuntary celibates."

The way the previews have played, the story seems to be that the Joker has been bullied and possibly rejected by a woman. He's a loser who gets his bloody vengeance. To this incel community, this iteration of the Joker character might just be their patron saint.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One week away!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The way the previews have played, the story seems to be that the Joker has been bullied and possibly rejected by a woman. He's a loser who gets his bloody vengeance. To this incel community, this iteration of the Joker character might just be their patron saint.
    This isn't what I get at all. Maybe the bullied part, but not the rejected by a woman part. What I get is an unbalanced individual who just wants to be a comedian, who then get's made fun of by his idol on TV, which sets him over the edge to full blow insanity. Just my take.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is reminding me of the Natural Born Killers copycat controversies except the movie isn't even released yet and no one has done anything yet. Or banning Catcher in the Rye because people said it inspired them to shoot people.

Nutjobs are going to be inspired by whatever inspires them. How do we know all the talk about how this film won't inspire incels to commit violence by putting the idea in their head or make them want to fulfill some sort of "prophecy"? Or maybe incels will take it all as an insult and act upon that. Or all the focus on this will make someone want to be famous. Who's to blame if the controversy itself inspires someone to commit an atrocity? Chicken or the egg here.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like theaters are banning any Joker costumes as well, although I can't see too many people dressing as him in the first place

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is reminding me of the Natural Born Killers copycat controversies except the movie isn't even released yet and no one has done anything yet. Or banning Catcher in the Rye because people said it inspired them to shoot people.

Nutjobs are going to be inspired by whatever inspires them. How do we know all the talk about how this film won't inspire incels to commit violence by putting the idea in their head or make them want to fulfill some sort of "prophecy"? Or maybe incels will take it all as an insult and act upon that. Or all the focus on this will make someone want to be famous. Who's to blame if the controversy itself inspires someone to commit an atrocity? Chicken or the egg here.
    Well said, Mattrick. Did not think of it quite that way.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks decent, but they honestly should of just made it a Harley Quinn standalone. That's what the trailer portrays the movie as anyways

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE. That was so bad. LOL I will be passing based on what I just seen!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks very energetic and hyper stylized. I might check it out but I'll wait for reviews. I've been burned by DC too many times before.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Looks good to me. I'll be interested to see if Black Canary actually has super powers in it though.

Edit: As a side note, I think this is what they're doing instead of a solo Harley movie. I think they have plans for a Gotham City Sirens movie as well, which should be pretty interesting if they do it. Harley, Poison Ivy, maybe Catwoman.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Looks good to me. I'll be interested to see if Black Canary actually has super powers in it though.

Edit: As a side note, I think this is what they're doing instead of a solo Harley movie. I think they have plans for a Gotham City Sirens movie as well, which should be pretty interesting if they do it. Harley, Poison Ivy, maybe Catwoman.
    Dan you thought that looked good really man?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Absolutely. What was bad about it? Action looked good, costumes / set design looked good, I never hated Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn so it doesn't have that against it. Cast looks pretty good to me as well. I even spotted a often forgot about Batman villain in the trailer. Honestly if they play the comedy right Harley could be DC's Deadpool. Probably not as good as Deadpool, but it'd take a miracle for it to be as good as Deadpool. The character already kinda suits that role though, or at least that's kinda how they play her in the comics.

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely. What was bad about it? Action looked good, costumes / set design looked good, I never hated Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn so it doesn't have that against it. Cast looks pretty good to me as well. I even spotted a often forgot about Batman villain in the trailer. Honestly if they play the comedy right Harley could be DC's Deadpool. Probably not as good as Deadpool, but it'd take a miracle for it to be as good as Deadpool. The character already kinda suits that role though, or at least that's kinda how they play her in the comics.
    fair enough.... i hated what I seen. Just not for me. IT TRIES WAY TOO HARD I think...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

fair enough.... i hated what I seen. Just not for me. IT TRIES WAY TOO HARD I think...
    Generally I try not to pull that type of stuff from the trailers. The trailers aren't made by the people who make the movies and sometimes they really mess it up, especially with comic book movies. Granted it can go either way, a trailer can make a bad movie look good and a good movie look bad.

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the trailer. The soundtrack, the visuals, the costumes! This looks fantabulous indeed! Cannot wait

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my tickets for Friday matinee

Country
    Country Flag

IMAX monday afternoon... my comic movie buddy is away at Star Wars land at Disney so have to wait!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast