Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Robin thing was just a fan service for the audience.
    That's exactly why I didn't like it. Too campy and un-Nolan for me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no problem with it, honestly. There were much cheesier and campier things in the series than that.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I kind of liked the Robin thing at the end.

What I did not like was some kid from high school who I never liked posting as his status "Batman dies then comes back wtf" the Friday morning it came out so I knew the biggest twist going in. Needless to say I promptly deleted that scum-sucker but he kind of ruined the film for me.

On another note, I struggled with the ending from a practical standpoint: they said the bomb had a blast radius of 6 miles. That's fine and I can believe he made it that far. However, if it was a nuclear weapon wouldn't there be fallout for a much bigger radius aka radiation damage and a nuclear winter in Gotham? I'm not an expert so I could be wrong but that point bothered me.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You hit the nail on the head, TRV, and why I had a problem with the nucleur bomb aspect in general. Didn't quite match up to the reality of the previous two films. When it did explode, I couldn't help but think..."So, what about the fallout?" Everything else I enjoyed, though. My friend Scott was moved to tears by the ending. Can't say I blame him, really.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Didn't quite match up to the reality of the previous two films.
    You got it, James. That was exactly my problem with it from the moment it was introduced. I feel like it would've been much more impactful to just leave out the bomb completely, and focus more time on Bane's terror and destruction of society. It would've further hit home that people can cause more destructions than weapons.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That aspect was definitely glazed over. I wonder if instead of a nuclear reactor it could simply have been an explosive? Albeit a very, very potent one.

Country
    Country Flag

That would've been a welcome change. I didn't have a problem with the explosives/bombs in TDK, but then again the Joker wasn't all "I'm going to give the city back to the people for three months then blow it up." So...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

A biological weapon, like a dirty bomb or something similar would have been interesting as well. It'd be much more frightening, imo.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how a nuclear reactor takes away from the reality...when in the first movie it was about a compound that produces hallucinogenic effects but needs to be inhaled as a vapour so they steal a massive microwave emitter that will vapourize the towns water supply and make everyone go all hallucinogenic and looney but it has to be on a train to travel through the city to hit Wayne Tower to infect the whole city. Just saiyan. Nuclear reactors - real and scary; hallucinogenic compounds needing to be inhaled as vapour by means of massive microwave emitter - outlandish and not that scary, but definitely cool. I found no problem with the nuclear reactor. I thought it was funny that Wayne helped fund the very thing that was being used to hold Gotham Hostage.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, maybe you're right ... for me it's not that it takes away from the reality of the films, it's that it's too cumbersome (and too cliche quite frankly) a device. Like others mentioned, with a nuclear reactor you have to worry about nuclear fallout, health issues, etc.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't see how a nuclear reactor takes away from the reality...when in the first movie it was about a compound that produces hallucinogenic effects but needs to be inhaled as a vapour so they steal a massive microwave emitter that will vapourize the towns water supply and make everyone go all hallucinogenic and looney but it has to be on a train to travel through the city to hit Wayne Tower to infect the whole city. Just saiyan. Nuclear reactors - real and scary; hallucinogenic compounds needing to be inhaled as vapour by means of massive microwave emitter - outlandish and not that scary, but definitely cool. I found no problem with the nuclear reactor. I thought it was funny that Wayne helped fund the very thing that was being used to hold Gotham Hostage.
    I agree with you that Batman Begins threat may be more outlandish in reality but I whole-heartily accepted it as fact in the movie. In other words, I think Nolan did a much more convincing job selling the fear and panic in BB. However, I am biased (like everyone else is in one way or another) because BB was my favorite Batman. And you did not address the extremely unrealistic quality of having no fallout after a nuclear explosion; anyone who has studied WWII- say 5th grade and on or so- in any depth knows that the worst, most horrific at least, part of a nuclear explosion is the effect it has on the radius directly beyond the vaporized area.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

John F. Kennedy Forge of the King is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I, too, felt that Batman Begins was the best of the series, followed by a tie between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

I have to say that I truly enjoyed how different the Joker and Bane are as villians. The Joker was pure chaos, a simple psychopath who just wished for death and destruction, but lacked the focus to get the job done. Bane is focused and disciplined, more like an MMA fighter rather than a scrap-fighter like the Joker. Bane was terrifying, and I don't generally find movie villains to be so well played.

I'll have to watch Rises again before I can really decide what I think of the movie, just like with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. All three movies have so much depth that just one viewing doesn't do it for me. It took me many viewings before I fell in love with Batman Begins, and it took me at least two viewings before I decided that The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies. I'm sure that with another viewing, Rises will also make it into my favorite movies of all time list.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well if they made a statue of batman and he's suppose to be dead. and oddly bruce wayne? yet i'd say nobody questioned that. but than i don't fault nolan on that one. cuz let's face it superman has been doing it for over 70 years where all he is, is Clark Kent without Glasses.

yet nobody EVER puts that together. but oddly i bought the Donner cut of Superman 2 on blu-ray. i have yet to watch it to be fair. all of it. and in it in HIS version we see Lois doing what i just said to a newspaper. anyways, as for batman yes i realize the city realized he was the city's hero.

but there's no denying that in that world there are other hero's that weren't shown that people have heard about i'm sure. such as 'The Flash,.

for example. just cause he's not in the film doesn't mean the city hasn't heard of him. at least if it follows the comics this is the way that i'm thinking. so if blake did show up as Robin they will at some point realize they've got another savior. and Gordon in the comics also dealt with Robin as well. one thing that did annoy me, only really cause i was prolly impatient he he . was in the hosptial when gordon was there.

and those killers were going after them. i said to my mom who i actually went with he he. come on Gordon you aren't THAT old. at least in the Nolan films. i guess the new batman film is a ya gotta love or hate it stigma apparently.

cause people will always nitpick it to death. like i said it's got flaws but i still loved it. the way i look at it as for the talk about the bomb. yes if it was real life and that blew up. we would get after effects. but since it's a movie and we've seen this done in many other films

where the hero blows some reactor up that is just like in batman rises it has toxic shit connected into it. or has it in it. and at the last second he or she takes the bomb some place where nobody is and it blows up. the character doesn't always have a scratch on him. and this counts in say films that don't end that way. you don't always see them have anything wrong with them from the after effects or the place or people around it if there are any either. so that's the way i look at it.

that doesn't make any of that make sense mind you, it just means that it's been done before.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Nolan's Batman trilogy is self-contained. The next films will be reboots.

Sources: http://screenrant.com/christopher-no...-contr-178455/

http://screenrant.com/justice-league...t-kofi-108226/

No one was tracking Bruce during Bane's occupation of Gotham. He could easily be written off as a casualty of Bane's reign. I think the fallout deal is more or less the same as the water in Batman Begins. After Scarecrow's men broke the pipes open, it was still flowing straight through rather than spewing up and out.

Gordon was probably rusty. Blake's comment about chasing overdue library books indicated it was so. Plus he's probably been aging himself from the guilt of honoring a murderer that held his family at gunpoint.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gordon probably didnt want to know who the batman was before, in the same way that most people dont realize that they are dating the wrong person or their marriage is falling apart...

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fusion...it is possible for it be used as a weapon..but not very likely. Also, if anyone wants a real life example of fusion in its present state..check out the ITER..in france. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES kicked much ass and thats my opinion. One thing that you may find interesting is that the during fusion the temps inside the ITER can be more extreme than the temperature on the surface of the sun.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Gordon probably didnt want to know who the batman was before, in the same way that most people dont realize that they are dating the wrong person or their marriage is falling apart...
    lol, I've never thought of it that way but it's a good anology.

Country
    Country Flag

So jealous.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I would be satisfied with just a man cave. lol

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

some people have man caves, others have bat caves. he he

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Aaaaaah!
    The movie was awesome!
    There's no way I can list every moment of the film that I loved, but..

1.The opening airplane scene was amazing and clearly set the tone for Bane being an utterly ruthless opponent.
    2.I really enjoyed Anne Hathaway's performance and I thought it was too cool the way her goggles looked like cat ears on her head when she pushed them back. I also liked that she was never referred to as "Catwoman" throughout the movie.
    3. The scene where Bruce is climbing the wall as everyone chants below was very moving, especially as the bats rushed out in front of him. Made me want to scream "fuck yeah!" in the theater.
    4. Pretty much any scene with Alfred and Bruce made me choke up: When Alfred is telling him all the hopes he had for Bruce, when Alfred leaves, when Alfred is crying over the graves at the end...ugh. So emotional.
    5. The fight scene with Bruce and Bane as it's snowing outside was an amazing scene.

Overall, I have to say that, after watching this movie, I was left with the same impression as that of seeing TDK for the first time: That it was non-stop from beginning to end without a dull moment. A hell of a ride. Nolan has done an amazing job with these films, and that's an understatement. The Dark Knight films have been the closest representation of what a "hero" really goes through, in my opinion. It's not just focused on all the action and triumph, but on the backstory that put you where you are, the heartache and struggles you go through, and the obstacles that try to break you.
    This movie has just reinforced my belief that Batman has been and will always be the best hero. He has no superpowers, but just as much intelligence, heart, and perseverance to make up for it.

BAD ASS movie.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Aaaaaah!
    The movie was awesome!
    There's no way I can list every moment of the film that I loved, but..

1.The opening airplane scene was amazing and clearly set the tone for Bane being an utterly ruthless opponent.
    2.I really enjoyed Anne Hathaway's performance and I thought it was too cool the way her goggles looked like cat ears on her head when she pushed them back. I also liked that she was never referred to as "Catwoman" throughout the movie.
    3. The scene where Bruce is climbing the wall as everyone chants below was very moving, especially as the bats rushed out in front of him. Made me want to scream "fuck yeah!" in the theater.
    4. Pretty much any scene with Alfred and Bruce made me choke up: When Alfred is telling him all the hopes he had for Bruce, when Alfred leaves, when Alfred is crying over the graves at the end...ugh. So emotional.
    5. The fight scene with Bruce and Bane as it's snowing outside was an amazing scene.

Overall, I have to say that, after watching this movie, I was left with the same impression as that of seeing TDK for the first time: That it was non-stop from beginning to end without a dull moment. A hell of a ride. Nolan has done an amazing job with these films, and that's an understatement. The Dark Knight films have been the closest representation of what a "hero" really goes through, in my opinion. It's not just focused on all the action and triumph, but on the backstory that put you where you are, the heartache and struggles you go through, and the obstacles that try to break you.
    This movie has just reinforced my belief that Batman has been and will always be the best hero. He has no superpowers, but just as much intelligence, heart, and perseverance to make up for it.

BAD ASS movie.

Also - saw this for the 4th time last night

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

<---2nd time last night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast