Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Awesome. I'll watch it. Justice League was a tonal mess, which I largely attribute to Joss Whedon's reshoots and studio interference. It'll be really interesting to at least get a picture for what it could have been. Probably still not great, but hopefully more cohesive.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, the power of Fandom. I scoffed at the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut people but looks like I'm the fool, they willed it (twitter'd it) into existence!

I'm probably in the minority but I actually really enjoyed Justice League, warts and all. Curious to see Snyder's vision.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely enjoyed both Batman v. Superman and Justice League. But it will be really cool if we are actually getting a four-hour cut.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Damn, the power of Fandom. I scoffed at the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut people but looks like I'm the fool, they willed it (twitter'd it) into existence!

I'm probably in the minority but I actually really enjoyed Justice League, warts and all. Curious to see Snyder's vision.
    I think the only reason this is happening is Covid... to be honest. Most of the guys that would re-edit are off cause of it and have some spare time. I’ll check it for sure but word is they will need the actors back for some voice overs and there is tons of special effects to do. It could be good... we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

This is fantastic, but I’m a little puzzled as to what this will actually be. My understanding is that whole sequences of what Snyder planned for JL were not shot. And that’s even neglecting the whole original two-movie plan, which changed even while Snyder was at the helm.

So I wonder what they will end up releasing. Perhaps they will finish the effects work on the sequences that were filmed, And do animation for the rest?

Needless to say, I am intrigued, excited, and puzzled. I figured this would happen at some point, but not for a long time.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I definitely enjoyed both Batman v. Superman and Justice League. But it will be really cool if we are actually getting a four-hour cut.
    Yeah, so many people act as if Justice league was a dumpster fire of a movie. I mean, I didn’t think it was great, but it wasn’t bad. It was exciting, it held my attention, but it definitely suffered from being a movie started by one director, finished by another, and rushed into release.

I don’t want to be a naysayer on the day that this is announced, but just because the justice league we saw in theaters was a patchwork of scenes with uneven tone and pacing, doesn’t mean that the Snyder cut is a lost work of genius. Sometimes studios intervene for a reason.

Nevertheless, I’m intrigued to see what comes in 2021.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm definitely interested in seeing a Snyder cut, but I didn't have nearly as many issues with Justice League as others seemed to. Yes, it was clearly patched together, and some of the rushed digital effects were pretty botched, but it had some of the funniest moments of any of the DCEU films, which I really enjoyed. I don't know for sure which parts are fully Whedon's, but something like

Spoiler:
    Aquaman sitting on the lasso

almost have to be his doing. Either way, I enjoyed the overall lighter tone to the movie.

But I'll take as many versions as they want to throw at us. Like with Donner's Superman II cut, I'm sure there will be cool aspects to both versions.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I know what mean, feev. While I'm not massively excited to see the Snyder cut, I am glad this has happened. I know that both MoS and BvS have their fans, and I know that many (including my ex) were particularly frustrated with JL and how it didn't quite fit Snyder's vision. So I'm hoping this is a much better fit, at least.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't seen Justice League.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    This is fantastic, but I’m a little puzzled as to what this will actually be. My understanding is that whole sequences of what Snyder planned for JL were not shot. And that’s even neglecting the whole original two-movie plan, which changed even while Snyder was at the helm.

So I wonder what they will end up releasing. Perhaps they will finish the effects work on the sequences that were filmed, And do animation for the rest?

Needless to say, I am intrigued, excited, and puzzled. I figured this would happen at some point, but not for a long time.
    See I never heard that. My understanding is that what Snyder had planned was entirely shot and he had to leave the film during post production, which is when Joss Whedon was brought in. Joss ended up doing a bunch of reshoots to change the tone of the movie, which is how we ended up with what we got. If Joss had been brought in earlier in production (during principle filming) then we wouldn't have ended up with CGI mustache removal.

Also for what it's worth, the only main DC movie I haven't really liked was Suicide Squad. I've enjoyed all the rest, I just recognize the mess that Justice League turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

See I never heard that. My understanding is that what Snyder had planned was entirely shot and he had to leave the film during post production, which is when Joss Whedon was brought in. Joss ended up doing a bunch of reshoots to change the tone of the movie, which is how we ended up with what we got. If Joss had been brought in earlier in production (during principle filming) then we wouldn't have ended up with CGI mustache removal.
    That's true - all of Whedon's changes were done via reshoots during post-production. But I thought Snyder's principal photography had been cut short; it wrapped with some sequences not shot, and Whedon's reshoots didn't start until some time later (After MI:Fallout principle photography started, in Cavill's case).

But I'm happy if I've got that wrong, and we have a full Snyder cut shot.

Edited to add: with a bit of Googling, it seems I was wrong - principle photography had wrapped and the film was already in post-production when Whedon was brought in and Snyder departed. So, barring Snyder's own reshoots and pickup shots, it seems like the raw material was there for a largely complete movie.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heck even 30$ million seems like a hefty price tag for something that was originally met with lukewarm reception. They're banking hard that the #SnyderCut folks will actually tune in to HBO Max to check it out.

Country
    Country Flag

I think they just want to do it right. Having crappy visual effects and such would harm their brand. It's just protecting their IP, cause like the above video talks about, they could've slapped something together easily but they're going well above and beyond. Also:

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Any here watch doom patrol? It is on hbo max now and was curious if it was any good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE.... Henry C... is back as Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Any here watch doom patrol? It is on hbo max now and was curious if it was any good.
    It's not good. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    It's not good. It's awesome.
    Yea Doom Patrol is great. I can't wait for season 2.

This is great. I know a lot of people didn't like Man of Steel, but I'm a fan. I think he makes a great Superman.

Country
    Country Flag

This is great. I know a lot of people didn't like Man of Steel, but I'm a fan. I think he makes a great Superman.
    Totally AGREE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Totally AGREE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast